Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 7:30 pm

When I was born, I had black hair. When I was 2, it grew out flaxen blond. My mother refused to get my hair cut so I had this long, straight, thick blond hair. Much like barbies. I hated it. All I wanted to do was play sports and because my scalp is so sensitive, my hair would get pulled and it'd hurt like a mofo. I hated it. So, it's little wonder why all my barbies had their hair cut off and their bodies drawn on. When I got cabbage patch dolls, they received the same make-over.

When I hit puberty, my hair darkened to a bright auburn so my mother stopped playing with her little barbie doll and I could explore who I was a little more.

My daughter had to ask for dolls. It never occurred to me to give her barbies or baby dolls as a gift. So she and my step-daughter (same age) have a few of that kind of stuff to play with. They still spend most of their time outside playing soccer, skateboarding and throwing the football. Girls will be girls. :D

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Mar 2011, 2:01 pm

I played with Barbies growing up, and I also cut their hair. I found that one actually looked better with shoulder length hair.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 7:47 pm

I was a dark-brown-haired girl, and wanted Barbies with brown or black hair.
I had several of them.
They all had lovely tans, too.

I didn't realize until I was an adult that all my Barbies were Hispanic and Asian.
(I am neither.) They didn't sell white brunette Barbies back then. None that I can recall, anyway.
I do remember wondering why Miko's eyes were shaped different... :lol:

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2011, 11:24 pm

I was a Barbie nazi. I'd strip my Barbies naked and feed them to my stuffed animals. Sometimes I'd just organize them in particular orders, though, or set up scenes with them.