Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2005, 3:00 pm

okay, one of my friends abandoned me for these two other people. and a bunch of my old friends i haven't really been able to associate with lately for some odd reason, we just dont relate anymore. and ive made a couple new friends but no lasting friendships. this really sucks. i just want friends at my school. i've tried everything. i just don't know how to fix it now :(

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2005, 8:23 pm

what are we, eh? chopped liver? But seriosly, I know how ye feel, I though my best freind had stopped talking to me, but he hadn't, so go to your freind and ask if yall are still freinds, if not, do what we did, join a club with people in you area who share the same interests as you, try http://www.meetup.com

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2005, 3:54 am

How old are you? I think this plays a big part in school life, as people are immature at young ages and do this to people.

It has happened to me not once, trice or three times, but too many to count- but i'm not going to take over your thread by going into them.

Usually people will grow up eventually, but if they don't, try and get to know thenew friends you've made, or even just do your best to put up with it until you get into an out of school environment, it will happen.

Good luck to you, and I hope you will meet some decent people in if not after your school years. :)

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2005, 10:39 pm

I'm 16, and this has been a bit of a problem for me for the past few years since I moved to a new town in middle school. It was awesome last year, but it's not as good this year. Still, I can see things beginning to fix themselves up. I'm meeting new people from the play I'm in, and we're gonna have a party soon! I can't wait!

I guess if you put yourself up to the task of finding new opportunities, everything can turn out all right. As for one of the "friends", we still talk sometimes but she's not really my friend anymore, we're more just acquainted. It's all good though.

Thanks for the support though, you guys are awesome!

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2005, 1:21 pm

i feel ya on this one although it seems that i have some friends, i feel rather distant and often misunderstood. Remember this, after every dark night comes a bright day. So keep ya head up, stick yo chest out, and never let them get you down

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2005, 7:36 pm

In the school years many NT's flock to the social elites trying to fit in and get noticed, look at how they flock to the sports jocks & cheerleaders people and the ones who get allot of attention.

Your best bet for long term friends is to get into something you like and sooner or later someone with the same interests as you will connect with you. then don't push it and don't be pushy about talking about only Your interests, let things come naturally at its own pace.

no, I didn't do so well my self, for the most part I was a loner in my school years, but at 42 years of age now I can see much I didn't see before, give it a try, relax, just enjoy what you like doing and pick something you like doing thats in a social setting, If there is not something around create one if you can, like a chess club or something.