anyone like Metal Gear Solid (series)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Secret_Helper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jan 2011, 12:16 am

I am deeply addicted to its total sneaky gameplay, the graphics, the acting in the series, and some goofy extras in the games. I like the game in general but the story line although good and heavy, its soooooo complicated, more complicated then Assassins Creed and the movie Inception. My favorite game from the series is MGS4 Guns of the Patriots. I beat the game twice on a very hard difficulty one normally and the other for trying to get the fastest time possible with the fewest kills and the fewest alerts as possible (not for a world record) thanks to the tranqulizer gun and the O-ring masterkey attachment. Everytime I play this game I think of I think of solitary, intelligence, and strength while playing. Thats because the main character Solid Snake fits all three of these descriptions. I closely can relate to Snake since im smart (i.e. Snake has an IQ of 180. ! !! 20 pts more then Albert Einstien!! ! -Super Smash Bros Brawl), Strong physically (Snake can do amazing CQC. I really wanted to do CQC like him :P) but lonely, just a little (Snake sometimes feels "detached" from society). Overall the series is amazing, enjoyable and deep.

Im not the only one who likes this game alot. Like what do you think and feel about the MGS series? any favorite characters? any favorite moments about the series? anything?

no hate comments please.

sillycat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2011, 8:04 am

When I went out guns blazing and kept on dying, my little brother said, you know Casey the point of the game is to be STEALTY.

Solid_Snake12345
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2011, 6:38 pm

I'm a huge fan of the games (I've gotten Every emblem on MGS4 and have gotten the Foxhound rank on all the others) but I must admit that I really dislike MGS4. In fact, I hate it and it has really dampened my enthusiasm for the series (its still my second favourite game series but previous to MGS4 it was my favourite) and whereas I still play the others regularly I've not played MGS4's campaign since I got 100% on it.

My favourite moment has to be the fight against The Boss. I felt that everything about it was just perfect and was a brilliant conclusion to my favourite game in the series. I also really enjoyed the battle against Peace Walker but I wasn't really pleased with how bizarre that was concluded and it didn't really fit in with the rest of the game. Another bit has to be Gray Fox's death. That was handled very well in my opinion and his speech was very strong. I have others but ion sure theyd ramble on and end up quite boring.

My favourite character is undoubtedly Big Boss. He, to me, is by far the deepest character and has the most emotional story of all the major characters.

I'd be wary of assuming what Super Smash Brothers Brawl says however. I do not think that that is cannon. Edit: Just remembered that I think Naomi tells Snake that Foxhound members have an IQ of atleast 180. If so never mind. To be honest though, I really don't believe that.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 2:56 pm

Solid_Snake12345 wrote:
I'm a huge fan of the games (I've gotten Every emblem on MGS4 and have gotten the Foxhound rank on all the others) but I must admit that I really dislike MGS4. In fact, I hate it and it has really dampened my enthusiasm for the series (its still my second favourite game series but previous to MGS4 it was my favourite) and whereas I still play the others regularly I've not played MGS4's campaign since I got 100% on it.

My favourite moment has to be the fight against The Boss. I felt that everything about it was just perfect and was a brilliant conclusion to my favourite game in the series. I also really enjoyed the battle against Peace Walker but I wasn't really pleased with how bizarre that was concluded and it didn't really fit in with the rest of the game. Another bit has to be Gray Fox's death. That was handled very well in my opinion and his speech was very strong. I have others but ion sure theyd ramble on and end up quite boring.

My favourite character is undoubtedly Big Boss. He, to me, is by far the deepest character and has the most emotional story of all the major characters.

I'd be wary of assuming what Super Smash Brothers Brawl says however. I do not think that that is cannon. Edit: Just remembered that I think Naomi tells Snake that Foxhound members have an IQ of atleast 180. If so never mind. To be honest though, I really don't believe that.

One of the best series ever made. Only played 2 and 3 but I pretty much mastered them. Once I went through the entire MGS3 without killing a single soldier, got to the river of souls and the only ghosts were the bosses.

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2011, 12:33 am

*Looks up from playing Peace Walker* wait what? *BRUMP!* Aww damnit.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'"-George Carlin

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:26 am

I only played the original Metal Gear Solid and some parts of MGS 2 and 3, but it's still one of my favorite series. MGS, not God of War, is the reason I would like a PS3.

NadineWolfe

14 Jan 2011, 10:00 am

MGS is my favourite series.

I'm not sure which game is my favourite, since I love all of them. Each one is special in its own way and brings something new to the MGS universe, even those that are set in AU like AC!D and Ghost Babel. The first one I played was MGS2, so I suppose I have a special attachment to that one since it was my first gaming experience that didn't involve Pokemon ;)

As far as favourite characters go I find it difficult to choose, since once again each character is special and unique in their own way. I'm particularly fond of Raiden and The Boss however, though I'm sure that many will disagree with me on the former choice xD

FACT: I bought my PSP just so I could play MGS :roll: