Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 9:13 pm

my inner world is the only world that works for me. so i go there more and more.

Nerdykid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2011, 8:47 pm

I actually have created a world in which I am the undefeated MMA champion of the world. It goes fair more indepth then that I have mapped out my entire life in the career, have a complete character set up with a fighting style and moves that is all my own. He has beaten some of the greatest fighters in the world in some of the greatest fights to ever happen. But it is all in my head.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 12:00 am

Limited comments which may or may not apply. Am aware of a few instances in adults - adults who claim people like St. Patrick or the Virgin Mary speak directly to them - that the actual explanation is a type of subtle epilepsy (TLE/complex partial/whatever). Those instances would be looked at by a neurologist or an epileptologist. There are instances where the right epilepsy medicine has caused St. Patrick or the Virgin Mary to disappear/stop talking to them so to speak. Also have heard that some brain injuries can cause some persons to find it difficult to distinguish between fantasy and reality. Again, general comments which may or may not apply. Some kids can have quite vivid imaginations but sooner or later as they grow older they eventually tend to figure out what's actually going on. Kids in general often use their imaginations differently than most adults. Also, a person has to be very careful as to how children use words because the children might use words/understand words quite differently than the adults they are talking with. Some children have extreme difficulty speaking clearly and/or writing clearly and it's important that everyone is sooner or later on the same page vs different pages/singing from the same song sheet vs different song sheets. That's my understanding. Good luck.