ever go through phases of wanting/not wanting friends?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 10:45 am

Master Jedi

Yes

Right now

For long amounts of time

Seriously

Gave up going to :roll: Meetup.com :evil: about four years ago

Because if someone tells you that he or she is your friend, you do not know how they will respond in a different situation. And sooner or later, different situations come up

Quite frankly I don't have the IQ, EQ, or metabolism to keep up with precious lil "friends".

Playing games

Cost benefit analysis almost never is worth it

There are exceptions, but almost everyone assumes they are an exception and there are not many exceptions

An article said that a man married two women at the same time. Neither woman suspected anything for several years. Until the dry cleaning got messed up. One of the women was a clinical psychologist

So

If someone with as much skill as a psychologist, could get tricked about something as large as marriage, for several years, and a lot of close interaction, then it is much easier for someone to trick me about something.

The flip side of that is like, even if they did not receive me that time, doesn't mean they never will

There is a first time for everything

But even if they never trick me, then what :?:

Whooptie do :evil: fatalist :twisted: :roll:

:D

The Best case scenario is whooptie do

The worst case scenario is subject to imagination

So

It is not that I do not want friends, but that I am too scared, lazy, apathetic, intimidated to try to make friends

:D

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 1:36 pm

MrBob wrote:
I have generally always wanted friends, but i found that online social interactions (especially via social media) stress me out, i dropped all Social media about 9 months ago and feel far more in control of my social experiences. I am no less lonely as it validated a lot of what i thought (in that i had very few what i would call real friends), as i still have the same amount of physical social interactions as i have always had and very few people contacting me (email/whatsapp)

I have friends i dont want to be around some times, and ones i do, and it can switch and i dont really get why. I can go months or years not wanting to speak to some one and avoiding them, to then be fine with it months later.

Friends is a job for me. Too much work. I need solitude, but humans do interest me in theory. :) I have a social deficit with them though. I also limit my social media. I live with my parents, so if anything earth-shattering is happening, they show & tell me.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 8:51 pm

a lot of the time, i want someone to talk to over FaceBook

face to face interaction sometimes serves a function. and i have nothing against building rapport. but, :D in real time :D . thoughts, emotions, actions, statements. it's just a bit too much. like juggling bowling balls or something. too much to keep track at the same time.

but anyways yes i do feel left out and lonely.

but whatever.

in the past, almost all precious lil "friends" ended up dumping me. or vice versa. usually they were not worth the energy that they acted like they were worth.

logic versus emotions

emotional rollercoaster

sometimes it's just easier to be left out, than go through precious lil "friend" after precious lil "friend"

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 11:06 am

I don't think so. I'm fine with no friends.