Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 10:32 pm

Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist Church are heading to Tucson to protest the funeral of Christina Green, the nine year-old victim of Saturday's shootings. Sources say a bipartisan coalition in the legislature is trying to find a way to keep Westboro from harassing mourners.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... itico.html

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 10:39 pm

I say let 'em go, they might catch a stray round. :wink:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Jan 2011, 10:52 pm

I agree, let them go. Just don't give them any police protection. :evil:

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 10:53 pm

Ugggh this douche needs to f**k off already. It's bad enough that the family has to deal with the victim's death, it's adding insult to injury when he has to show up and be the usual disrespectful prick he is. Does it even count as disorderly conduct if you disrupt someone else's funeral?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Jan 2011, 10:55 pm

So what? my state is getting a bad rap. so what if we like carrying guns? the most of us are responsible citizens, and its not the governments authority to tell us if we can or cant arm ourselves!

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 10:56 pm

Huh? Are they saying that the 9-year-old girl was a homosexual?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:08 pm

I'd just like to add that IMHO Fred Phelps is possibly the greatest offline troll in the modern world, a dubious distinction indeed.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2011, 11:36 pm

methinks the man protests too much about 'fags', personally.

just sayin'

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Jan 2011, 11:39 pm

with all the news recently, i thought you were talking about the shooting. not some homosexual

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:01 am

richardbenson wrote:
with all the news recently, i thought you were talking about the shooting. not some homosexual

Richard. The Westburo Baptist Church is protesting the funeral of the 9 year old girl that was killed in Tucson, because she was born on September 11, 2001 and 'detested by G-D'.

Rev. Phelps was a lawyer who fought several civil rights cases in the 1960s and 1970s, and won awards from the NAACP for his conduct. He also challenged the Reagan Administration's decision to open formal diplomatic relations with Vatican City, charging it violated the 1st Amendment. Then his mental health deteriorated and he was disbarred for acting strangely in court.

They started out protesting gays, and hit the big time with protesting Matthew Shepard's funeral. At the time, most of the media didn't know who they were, and thought they might be locals. Then mysteriously they switched to almost exclusively hitting military funerals. I think it might have been that they found they could be even more reviled that way.

you see, in the Beatitudes: specifically Matthew 5:10 It says what your reward is for bearing persecution for G-d.

Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

so they are not really altruistic about it. They are in it for the kingdom of heaven. :roll:

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:08 am

I didn't know that about his admirable history. Anyone else see the Louis Theroux on this dickhead and his church? I love Louis Theroux and it's a classic episode.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:10 am

Well, they make the Teabaggers seem civil.

Last edited by sinsboldly on 11 Jan 2011, 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

TenFaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2011, 12:14 am

This Phelps character seems to just protest funerals, no matter who the person is. I really have no idea what his point is.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 12:15 am

Meh, is opening diplomatic relations with Israel or any other Religion monopoly-run country also a violation of the 1st amendment for that matter?

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 4:48 am

You should see his daughter, Shirley. So annoying. At least Fred is hilarious.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 7:07 am

sinsboldly wrote:
Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist Church are heading to Tucson to protest the funeral of Christina Green, the nine year-old victim of Saturday's shootings. Sources say a bipartisan coalition in the legislature is trying to find a way to keep Westboro from harassing mourners.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... itico.html

Phelps and his Bullies are exercising the right of Free Speech but there are times when I wish the Politzei would just bust their heads open with billy clubs.

Phelps and his ruffians really test the bounds of Free Speech.

ruveyn