Page 7 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 7:37 am

91 wrote:
SaNcheNuSS wrote:
I rebuke no one. What are you talking about? If you want to contribute to this thread do so in a positive manner. This isn't a playground. hahaha.

Considering your statements on what can and cannot be discussed on here, what is and what is not the punishment for suicide and what is and what is not useful... all without any supporting argument, but by fiat alone. Please tell me what your beliefs are, so I might know what manner of absolutist I am talking to.

There is nothing beneficial that can come out of writing condemnation and hell. If you want that can be for another discussion but not in the suicide thread. There is no point.

I do not believe, I know. I know that there is an Ultimate Creator from which all existence originally came from, including our energy bodies. The one that is underneath your skin, that you may or may not be aware of. (*Consciously)

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 7:40 am

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
I do not believe, I know. I know that there is an Ultimate Creator from which all existence originally came from, including our energy bodies. The one that is underneath your skin, that you may or may not be aware of. (*Consciously)
You, my friend, are delusional. :roll:

Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 7:44 am

Kenjuudo wrote:

Wow, AG's young turk brains trust produces another fantastic argument. :roll:

Was not spoken of the soul.

Last edited by 91 on 27 Jan 2011, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 7:45 am

Quote:
There is nothing beneficial that can come out of writing condemnation and hell. If you want that can be for another discussion but not in the suicide thread. There is no point.

Truth can be true even if it isn't benificial. Although the idea of a person being punished by a God that allowed them to be suicidal is BS.

Quote:

Every Religious person "knows" they are right. What makes your Truth claims any more valid that theirs?

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 10:20 am

SaNcheNuSS wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
SaNcheNuSS wrote:
I already said that it isn't relevant. haha. No more hell talk. It does absolutely nothing to help the situation.

So you are saying that Christians aren't affected by suicide?

Why begin and end with Christians? Everyone is affected by suicide.

"Everyone is affected by suicide," your words as evidenced by the above. Does "everyone" include Christians? I like to think so.

I've already established that no one goes to hell for suicide, which you seem to agree with. You also keep asserting that hell doesn't exist.

Christians base their faith on the Bible. The New Testament teaches that there is a place in which the unbelieving continue to exist apart from the presence of God. In modern language, that place of eternal separation has come to be termed "hell," originally referred to as Gehenna to provide physical imagery of a burning trash-heap in describing what that place is like. Over time, and with the development of various sects or denominations, hell/Gehenna has come to be understood in various ways--some ways that are scriptural and some ways that are not.

Suicide, which as you say affects everyone, also affects Christians. Because of some of the things certain Christian groups believe about how grace is obtained and even lost, Christians can be deeply affected by suicide in severely profound ways. Therefore, Christian viewpoints regarding suicide are relevant.

And who said we're beginning and ending with Christians? I wasn't the first to bring it up. I merely explained that some Christian groups have doctrinal conflicts with suicide that don't match up with scripture. I also gave a perfectly logical way of assessing what suicide means to Christian believers. Also, I think you have PPR confused with "The Haven." If you want validation, that's the place for it. Suicide has religious and philosophical implications. If it's being discussed in PPR, then all religious views as well as secular views on suicide are relevant to the discussion.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 1:12 pm

91 wrote:
Kenjuudo wrote:

Wow, AG's young turk brains trust produces another fantastic argument. :roll:
No, seriously. Do you really need more arguments?

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 9:09 pm

Suicide is an individual choice, but it negatively impacts other people. I think the hardships endured in life are part of the evolution of consciousness. I believe all actions by individuals can change the entire fractal of reality, and this is one of those things that changes it for the negative. Basically, were born with the gift of higher self reflection, and I see suicide as a waste of it. I'm not overly concerned about what other's think of me or how I think of myself, but the fact I can perceive time and space the way I do and relate myself to it. I think the little things are what matter and that human nature is screwed up, in large part, because we miss that. Were too concerned about our brief little lives to miss the larger picture present in the details, if that makes sense.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 11:19 pm

on the cosmic carnival ride of life, there are some passengers who seriously rue their act of getting on board, and will be screaming in abject terror for the entire ride, while other passengers on the earthship are smiling happily and laughing derisively at the fretting scare-dy-cats. for the existentially challenged ones, there seriously needs to be a "pause" button, or a temporary "recess" button where the spirit who has had too much of life can retreat and regroup. the way life is arranged now, a spirit who miscalculates and chooses an inappropriate [for their individual level of spiritual development] lifetime in which to incarnate, faces a sheer intractible hellish torture in the manner of a motion-sick person stuck on an endless roller-coaster. i rather like the hindu concept of "walk-ins" in which a more advanced spirit can swap places with the beleagered spirit struggling in an ill-suited incarnation.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jan 2011, 12:28 am

Puppygnu wrote:
Every person in the world has equal value. Anyone who posts on this form has the capacity to contribute to the betterment of society.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqJcIo_tf1U[/youtube]
I can tell you from my own personal experience that I thought of suicide many times. Even coming so close to doing it, but not. Now I'm very happy and content. It's deep appreciation and love for what Jehovah has done, and what he will do. Psalm 34:18 reads "Jehovah is near to those that are broken at heart; and those who are crushed in spirit he saves." Pray to him for his help! Use his name in your prayer, and offer up your prayer in Jesus Christ's name. He'll listen. Remember, if you're feeling down Jehovah loves you and he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7) :)

Last edited by kxmode on 29 Jan 2011, 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 12:46 am

auntblabby wrote:
on the cosmic carnival ride of life, there are some passengers who seriously rue their act of getting on board, and will be screaming in abject terror for the entire ride, while other passengers on the earthship are smiling happily and laughing derisively at the fretting scare-dy-cats. for the existentially challenged ones, there seriously needs to be a "pause" button, or a temporary "recess" button where the spirit who has had too much of life can retreat and regroup. the way life is arranged now, a spirit who miscalculates and chooses an inappropriate [for their individual level of spiritual development] lifetime in which to incarnate, faces a sheer intractible hellish torture in the manner of a motion-sick person stuck on an endless roller-coaster. i rather like the hindu concept of "walk-ins" in which a more advanced spirit can swap places with the beleagered spirit struggling in an ill-suited incarnation.

Yah, I don't like laughing derisively at those that are facing worst hardship than me, because what if I end up in the same boat in the next transition? Really the fact that others are having a worst time than you should actually cause some existential discomfort, but too many are too blind to see that side of it. In my view, I'll be willing to sacrifice some of my own ego to ensure others don't have it terribly bad. In my view, the issue of Karma is about balancing and harmonizing the whole organism that were all a part of. The fact we can't make any actions, intentionally or inadvertently, without having an effect on the whole should be evidence of this. I haven't heard about walk-ins before. I'll look into that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 1:50 am

JNathanK wrote:
Yah, I don't like laughing derisively at those that are facing worst hardship than me, because what if I end up in the same boat in the next transition? Really the fact that others are having a worst time than you should actually cause some existential discomfort, but too many are too blind to see that side of it. In my view, I'll be willing to sacrifice some of my own ego to ensure others don't have it terribly bad. In my view, the issue of Karma is about balancing and harmonizing the whole organism that were all a part of. The fact we can't make any actions, intentionally or inadvertently, without having an effect on the whole should be evidence of this. I haven't heard about walk-ins before. I'll look into that.

a suggested meditative mantra- "AT-ONE-MENT" [atonement] - to atone for transgressions conscious and unconscious [none under god are sans sin], simply means to put oneself one in the shoes of others who are different from oneself and who may incidentally be suffering in their own way. an entry-level form of atonement is just to acknowledge "there but for the grace of god/luck of the draw, go i." just a thought.

as for walk-ins, ruth montgomery wrote an interesting book about 'em, "Strangers among us" that is worth checking out from the local public library.