Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Igor
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2011, 6:20 pm

There's an article in the UK Guardian newspaper on Aspergers (link below, if it works!). Annoying thing was that the first comment posted on it slagged off AS as a "made up disease" :x . I don't know exactly what it said as it was quickly modded out - wish they'd left it in so I could have had a go at it :twisted:

The Upside of Living with Aspergers

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 7:26 pm

Trolls will be trolls. I for one thought it to be an enlightening article. At least someone has a positive opinion of Aspergers that the mass media is willing to publish. Props to the author.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

QueenoftheOwls
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jan 2011, 3:36 pm

Actually the article is pretty upbeat.The author aknowledges his challenges, yet has a very positive view of the ups and downs of being an aspie

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 6:55 pm

This guys sounds unbelievably like me! Right down to the Smiths love. I wonder if he post's here?

Yowuza
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Jan 2011, 2:44 pm

Nice to see that the media is actually displaying an accurate portrayal of AS as opposed to the ignorant stereotypes we usually get.