Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 2:52 pm

I bought a fur-lined red hat with ear flaps and straps at Wal Greens. I put it on today because it got cold and it was so comfortable. No itching!
The only problem was it made my hair static charged and it was clinging to my chin and cheeks, and standing on end. That was causing discomfort because I don't like the feeling of static charged hair on my neck or chin. At least it was the hair and not the hat.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 4:05 pm

Cornflake wrote:
rabbitears wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
I hate things touching my head so I'm completely hatless. Or maybe completely hatstand, take your pick.
Unless it's a hood made as part of a jacket and then, when it's cold, I practically live in it.

What do you mean by "completely hatstand"?
Doolally; bonkers; crazy.
It just fell out as I was typing, honest, and since it paired nicely with the preceding "completely hatless" I left it in. :lol:

Fair enough, in that case, that's a completely hatstand thing to type.... I think it could become a trend.

Jet102fm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jan 2011, 4:10 pm

I never was much of a hat-wearer. Should I go on? I only needed to wear hats when it was called for. I'm just not a hat-wearer and that's that.

vetwithAS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2011, 4:51 pm

I really only wear hats when I'm going to be outside for the majority of the day, like when I go shooting in the desert or hiking.

capriwim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2011, 5:13 pm

I like to wear hats with a peak (I have to make sure to get a comfortable one though) to shield my eyes a little from fluorescent lights, and also to limit my visual field so I'm not too overwhelmed by visual information. It's also good for tucking my hair into, to stop my hair going on my face

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 5:17 pm

I usually wear a beanie in the fall and winter, and a Fedora in the spring and summer. My hairline annoys me, so hats are my friend, haha.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 6:54 pm

I got into the habit of wearing a baseball cap years ago. I usually have tinted glasses on and light leakage from above is really annoying. Recently, I got a big, black rain hat, with a wide brim. If it's only a light rain it tends to keep me pretty dry; it shadows my shoulders enough that I can sometimes get by without waterproof coat.

It also has some velcro such that the sides can be 'pinned' up to the top, Aussie-outback-guy-hat-style. I'm not sure why, though. I think maybe it's because the brim affects your hearing when it's down. ???

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 7:02 pm

I wear other clothes, too. Sometimes.

aussieaspiewoman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jan 2011, 11:59 pm

I love wearing a cap and do so whenever I can get away with it without standing out too much. It sheilds my eyes from the light, kind of focuses my vision so that I'm less overwhelmed by the people around me, and for some reason it just makes me feel a little more secure. I also like wearing jumpers with hoods so that I can pull them up over my cap.

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 12:24 am

Yes ;)

alone
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2011, 10:48 am

I wear them all the time, control the hair and always make me feel better. I think some people are hat people and some are not, never thought of it as aspie thing. But of course, like with many inanimate objects, my hats help me feel ok. In the winter I got them all over the house, they are all black kind of the cover log braids variety. I like hoods too, anything to cover me up and control the wild hair. My hair has like a life of its own, wild curls that do what they want. If I try to control them they fight harder for freedom. Hats don't even affect them, bounce right back 5 min later. I have the perfect hair for dreads but I couldn't stand the pulling. I can't wear hats for too long either without it making my hair hurt.

:?

graywyvern
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 5:21 pm

have worn hats all my life.

reasoning." --William Blake

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 7:07 pm

No, sensory issues.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 5:17 pm

Yes, I do wear hats, but I wash my hair when I take it off because it is molded from having the hat on, and it looks really horrible.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 20, 2017)

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 5:30 pm

I'm a hat wearer.
It cuts down the glare because my eyes are super sensitive to light.
Makes me feel less exposed.
Helps to flatten my wild hair.
I like the compression.
Keeps the sun off.
They make me feel safe.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 7:40 pm

I started wearing hats when I moved to the sunny north 11 years ago. I quickly discovered that they are handy for eye shades, and for covering bad hair days. Those are frequent, because I often wear a bike helmet. It has a rear view mirror attached, and if I forget the helmet, I try to glance behind me as soon as I hit the road, and see the sky following me. A winter hat is almost essential here, and is also big enough to conceal a sound system to mask the agonized cries of the cattle on their way to your tables.