No. I'm Gay (Christian or not) 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
I can't view the video for some reason. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 21

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 1:43 pm

Delirium wrote:
I'm gay and I'm too lazy to watch this video.

Well stay on your butt, click the button and watch it which you likely already have but don't want to admit to it.

8O

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 6:31 pm

I have doubts that he's for real gay myself. He's obviously exaggerating, though that's to be expected, since no one would get it if it were subtle.
I didn't really think it was funny, though the idea of people gluing leaves to their crotches is kind of funny. :lol:

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 6:36 pm

I do have plans to maybe purchase the rights to this video and air it in my area featuring the Adam & Eve fragrance collection and for viral marketing reasons online. It is for autism and DD employment.

Nathan Young

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 8:26 pm

No. I'm Not Christian.

27% 3

One or more of the people voting this way are potentially really a Christian at least mildly or very sincerely who want to make the public think this type of depiction is not ok for non-religious folks to find funny. In a blind test for reasons of psychological and social study I'd pay participants to do the following.

1. fill out an explicit survey before preview of unsaid material stating religious preferences and life experiences with religious groups with references.

2. Ask questions based on after viewing this video immediately after then 6 months later.

After study and public display.

1. Upon public reaction I would release a statement about how some religious groups are making people with autism feel persecuted for a prenatal test for autism so to stir public debate and begin a potential healing process.

2. Fully separate groups advocating against cures for autism symptoms, prenatal testing politics and autism abortion issues in general from social service and in general quality of life improvement politics for individuals with autism to protect the publics minds from being taken advantage of by unknown entities and special interest.

Nathan Young

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 8:51 pm

*deleted*

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

Last edited by SeizeTheDay on 25 Jan 2011, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 8:54 pm

SeizeTheDay wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
I don't really "get" it, but the jungle/forest was so beautiful I would've wanted to run around naked in it too.

I was thinking the same thing the whole video! I want to live there.

But I thought it was a pointless video regardless of my religious veiws.

It's a good thing for marketing reasons that locally so far no one has not laughed and when they laugh it is more then a little and usually moderate to major laughing. Then as I have been able all so far upon mentioning the video laugh about it and some behave then like the actor in the video to tell others about the video and then laugh about it again and make others laugh.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 9:24 pm

ci wrote:
No. I'm Not Christian.

27% 3

One or more of the people voting this way are potentially really a Christian at least mildly or very sincerely who want to make the public think this type of depiction is not ok for non-religious folks to find funny.

That's a bit presumptuous - I'm not religious and I didn't have a religious upbringing. I'm rather indifferent to the video - I don't find it inappropriate or offensive in any way, I just prefer more subtle/refined humour.

And I usually like comedians or writers targeting taboos, at least those who do it in a challenging way not just for the sake of it.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 9:28 pm

Sallamandrina wrote:
ci wrote:
No. I'm Not Christian.

27% 3

One or more of the people voting this way are potentially really a Christian at least mildly or very sincerely who want to make the public think this type of depiction is not ok for non-religious folks to find funny.

That's a bit presumptuous - I'm not religious and I didn't have a religious upbringing. I'm rather indifferent to the video - I don't find it inappropriate or offensive in any way, I just prefer more subtle/refined humour.

And I usually like comedians or writers targeting taboos, at least those who do it in a challenging way not just for the sake of it.

Yes for sure but the video typically would not be allowed by the media because people find it insulting. So how in a free country can we be free in America if everyones sense of humor cannot be facilitated for. If I asked and in a special way I am sure T.V would air it. Possibilities are possibilities that's part of science and so thus the control study.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 9:42 pm

ci wrote:
Yes for sure but the video typically would not be allowed by the media because people find it insulting. So how in a free country can we be free in America if everyones sense of humor cannot be facilitated for. If I asked and in a special way I am sure T.V would air it. Possibilities are possibilities that's part of science and so thus the control study.

I agree with you here - I find it ridiculous that something like that would be censored, it's completely inoffensive in my view. I've seen a lot of over the top or tasteless humour on TV that would make this video seem innocent and at least where I live nobody makes a big fuss about it.

Taking oneself or one's values too seriously is dangerous and can make one lose perspective methinks.

deadinhead
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 10:40 pm

I did not find it funny, I am not 'gay' and I am not christian.

COCONUT-MOON TURTLE!

ci
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 10:44 pm

Yes but that could be for political reasons now. A person not subject to this conversation may laugh more often or find at least special interest to the ad for the portrayed skit.

Once I showed the vote examples all additional votes were for that example with numerous responses to deflect my theory so it points to the subjective bias theory in context. This is not scientific and now is further biased. The conversation cannot derive closer to absolute findings like a control study and a real market employment result.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 5:38 am

such eye candy should never be censored.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 8:19 am

I don't get it.

Also it seems less like he's gay and more like he's mentally challenged...

Sam2001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2011, 8:30 am

What is it got do with insurance?

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 8:44 am

It wasn't funny at all. I liked the lady in it though :D

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 8:46 am

ci wrote:
I do have plans to maybe purchase the rights to this video and air it in my area featuring the Adam & Eve fragrance collection and for viral marketing reasons online. It is for autism and DD employment.

Nathan Young

It doesn't have anything to do with autism. People are going to miss the point.