Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 5:42 pm

That's just an old quote I like. Not really a scientific observation :)

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 12:57 am

No, not at all.

Sometimes, aspies might seem insensitive, but it's not because we are. for example, when 9/11 happened, and the tsunami, i didn't really get emotionally affected at all. but that doesn't mean i dont have feelings. i cry over movies and when im heartbroken. it's just im triggered by different things than most people in some cases.

Nerdykid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2011, 3:31 pm

MrXxx wrote:
Good question right there. ^^

Sociopaths don't know, understand and can't tell the difference between right and wrong, good and bad, what is acceptable to society and what isn't.

None of those things are even mentioned in the DSM description of AS.

This isn't actually true.

Sociopaths do understand the difference between right and wrong probably better then normal people do. That is why a sociopath is so hard to peg.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 4:41 pm

I have an understanding of right vs wrong and feel awful when I do wrong. I'm not a sociopath in any way.

My right vs wrong is based on trying to understand how other people feel. The only moral I have set in stone is that lying is wrong. It doesn't matter if it will make somebody feel better or not to lie to them, it's always wrong to me. If somebody tells me somebody is murdered I do not have a strong reaction to it until I evaluate the situation and try to understand intentions.

I don't think any of that makes me a sociopath because I do not behave as one but I do wonder if what I described is normal.