Page 1076 of 2514 [ 40217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1073, 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078, 1079 ... 2514  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:01 am

It's probably time to hang out with the birds; one thing about birds, they are faithful beings, and frequently mate for life.

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

21 Jul 2017, 10:14 am

@Froya
Well, I'd probably have done the same, if it wasn't for the rhubarb pie as well.

@racheypie666

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:17 am

Quote:
It's probably time to hang out with the birds; one thing about birds, they are faithful beings, and frequently mate for life.

Yes, I definitely need a long dose of "bird time"!

They really are soothing to me, their company.

And yes I love their fidelity, I love watching the swan and geese couples sticking together no matter what, and being great co-parents to their broods at this time of year.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 7:16 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Lace-Bane, do you still practice martial arts?

I realize I didn't get the chance to comment on Wing Chun as you described it, quite a while ago in this thread. You mentioned that practitioners have been known to execute the moves blindfolded. Of course, I find that especially interesting because I'm blind. Simultaneously attacking and defending is obviously a great idea also. It seems like so much of martial arts is focused on form rather than practicality, as people have to learn all these techniques and movements to progress.
yes, though it’s hard to explain. much of what’s being practiced of wing chun is from observing techniques and forms in film, and matching them with method books... so there is much hesitation to call what’s being practiced wing chun until an instructor can confirm that it is wing chun.

there is a studio in southern california with a reputable lineage(there’s nothing else closer), but it’s too far away for the time being without going to school(higher cost of living, and don’t drive), yet to go to school for finding work there, would make it much more difficult if not impossible to find work abroad... and there are places intended to be experienced, and disciplines to learn from those places, that aren’t here in the united states. have little idea what to go to school for at this point in ignorance.

the problem with wing chun, is not the art, but this form... being 6’2”, and athletic, the art’s validity for practical use of all will likely continue to be disbelieved on levels similar to questionable arts like aikido. it’d be ideal if more women would begin taking interest in promoting the art, but most appear to be men.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 8:12 pm

^I wonder if dojos will eventually take up that marketing challenge then. Also, if only martial arts weren't so expensive. I admire that you learn from the videos and try to practice even without a partner. I hope you can find a class, or at least a partner, at some point.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 8:14 pm

^
Hi!

I still need to reply to your message, I am just very bad at replying to messages on time... :oops:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 8:22 pm

(Embarrassing) Gastrointestinal reactions of consuming high amounts of chocolate. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 8:25 pm

Hi Lillikoi, it's cool. :) There are times when I'm terrible at replying to messages. The more time goes by, the worse I feel about it, and then I put it off, and then finally, I'm thinking enough about it that I just start writing or calling or whatever, even though I'm squirming with embarrassment that I waited weeks, or longer, to get back to someone. ...Or the other person can just contact me again and interrupt that whole vicious cycle. Weird, huh? :?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 12:06 am

We're supposed to be getting some major storms this weekend. The only thing I'm worried about, though, is the power going out. And maybe that the ceiling will leak. But I've got a pail ready just in case.

My landlord finally got some people repairing the roof, so hopefully the leaks will soon be fixed.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 1:12 am

when you try your best to answer, it's often that the OP even never returns to look at it
great!
on top of the internet being depressing, this corner is more depressing
maybe w'all need a good depressing

the wildest of the web is that you're surrounded by 'peeps' with better :?: techsavy/skills who have no clue for researching whatever ?
that stinking dog sockpuppet is gone, good, probably another personification of the permanent msm-propagandist.
quartets; do you have the s.d. :mrgreen: card of the puppetry-set ?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 3:10 am

i can't imagine what it would be like to have opinions about tweed.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 3:46 am

^ I don't know about tweed - people in my neighbourhood are more interested in t' weed. That's a Northern England related joke by the way, sorry if it doesn't travel too well around t' globe.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 9:53 am

Vamos, David Ferrer! Win your match tomorrow! You need a title! Show me the cat-like David Ferrer I'm used to watching!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 10:18 am

DeepHour wrote:
^ I don't know about tweed - people in my neighbourhood are more interested in t' weed. That's a Northern England related joke by the way, sorry if it doesn't travel too well around t' globe.

Is it true that 'the' gets abbreviated to t' and the t is silent?

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 11:00 am

1."Sleep hygiene," "setting the body clock," and cliches of their ilk are all total BS. Sleep disorder reasserts within one day of a lack of enforced times and total exhaustion.
2. I hate how inaccessible sign language resources are in my current area. It's mindboggling.
3. The skin on the side of my foot / heel is sore for no reason.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 12:55 pm

I was absent from here for a couple of days because of school and family problems so I'm trying to catch up with everything.