Page 1161 of 2517 [ 40266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161, 1162, 1163, 1164 ... 2517  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 8:11 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I'm feeling better. I was able to change Mary's mind about resigning. I told Mary not to talk to anyone on the phone anymore or in person - everything needs to be done by letter or email so there is a paper trail. The management company guy who owns the company (and used to be a lawyer) tried to pressure Mary over the phone to get her to resign and it almost worked until I talked to her about what was really going on. The Board was supposed to vote on the Proxy that the guy who was thrown off the Board wanted to send out, however,nothing went out after I said about it being sent with both petitions and Mary and mine's rebuttals. The management company guy sent me an email to call him tonight and I told him that whatever he had to say to me needs to be done by email or mail so I can refer to them later - the guy is already saying that he didn't say that me and Mary could not be kept off the Board indefinitely, but I have the email where he did say it so he is also lying. Normally, I would have resigned if they had a leg to stand on, but I have been telling the truth all along and they are lying about so many things. I can't let them get away with this. They picked the wrong person to screw with.

always good to have proof.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 8:28 pm

Having my stitches removed tomorrow morning and thinking about how much I will hate how it feels. I hate having my feet touched more than any other part of my body.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 9:25 pm

Apparently, I'm "odd, but delightfully odd." :lol:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 10:29 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Apparently, I'm "odd, but delightfully odd." :lol:

i agree with the delightful part.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 11:45 pm

^ why, thank you. :)

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 5:25 am

Ok, I'm having visual hallucinations now.
I'm going to bed before I'm plagued with non-existent cats.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 Oct 2017, 11:53 am

I've got quite a few things to take care of today....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:52 pm

It’s too hot in October, I wish I can move out of sunny California :x :cry: :P :skull: :skull:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 6:48 pm

It's amazing how much more seriously my mom takes my concerns about my dog running around too close to when he eats after one of the other dogs in the program we got him from died of bloat. See, Mom, just because I have an anxiety disorder doesn't mean my concerns are always baseless or excessive.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 8:13 pm

moving and school. the new place is supposed to be finished in two weeks, but father mentioned moving in after thanksgiving because out of town relatives will stay there then. that’ll give one month to get used to the secluded new place before going back to community college... sorta, because christmas is hell.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:38 pm

I remember one time when I was probably 6 or so, flopping onto a bed (likely after getting home from school) and staring at a light fixture on the ceiling missing its bulb, imagining my future self would be staring back at me from said fixture, and wondering what kind of person that would be.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 9:47 am

I've got 3 pages of my story to type out today.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 10:11 am

Electronic music.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 10:24 am

in the second or third grade, a japanese woman named rai showed the class how to make origami cranes, and every child asked what their name was in japanese... just an amusing random memory that surfaced late last night. also recall begging mother for, and receiving, a couple origami books shortly after.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 10:46 am

I wonder what it was that people saw in me when I was younger. I wonder what it is they see in me now that they won't mention in an effort to be polite.

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2017, 1:37 pm

Supreme commander Servalan. :mrgreen:

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.