Page 1258 of 2524 [ 40369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1255, 1256, 1257, 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261 ... 2524  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 10:53 pm

Feeling very depressed, for some reason, and wishing I'd die. I'm not sure why it's suddenly worse again. If I at least knew why, maybe I could do something about it.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Last edited by dragonsanddemons on 17 Feb 2018, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 10:54 pm

I hate hurting good people, and I hate bad people. lord help me.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 11:31 pm

I will let go of guilt and try my best.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 11:41 pm

^^^ :star: :wtg: :star:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 11:43 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Feeling very depressed, for some reason, and wishing I'd die. I'm not sure why it's suddenly worse again. If I at least knew why, maybe I could do something about it.

sorry to hear you are so down. :heart:

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 11:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
hurting an attractive neighbor woman's feelings in the store today when I tried but failed to place her face when she greeted me. she told me "one of these days, I hope you can remember my name." :wall:

It sucks doesn't it. I was in a shop awhile ago and a woman came up to me and asked how my Husband and kids were. I didn't have the faintest idea who she was but she sure knew a lot about my family and I. When my Husband walked up, he knew her right away. She had worked in our business for 4 years. It's only a small business with just a few employees. I had worked with her and seen her daily for years. She had left work 6 months prior to seeing her in the shop. I asked Husband Dearest if she had changed her looks at all and he said no, she looked just like she always had I'm just terrible with faces which is true :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 12:27 am

bunnyb wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
hurting an attractive neighbor woman's feelings in the store today when I tried but failed to place her face when she greeted me. she told me "one of these days, I hope you can remember my name." :wall:

It sucks doesn't it. I was in a shop awhile ago and a woman came up to me and asked how my Husband and kids were. I didn't have the faintest idea who she was but she sure knew a lot about my family and I. When my Husband walked up, he knew her right away. She had worked in our business for 4 years. It's only a small business with just a few employees. I had worked with her and seen her daily for years. She had left work 6 months prior to seeing her in the shop. I asked Husband Dearest if she had changed her looks at all and he said no, she looked just like she always had I'm just terrible with faces which is true :(

am also voicedeaf as well, I very seldom recognize people on the phone even after years of knowing them. at work I never recognized coworkers if they were out of uniform [military hospital].

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 12:41 am

Wondering how much longer I have to deal with the flu, because it has been pretty nasty this time. Doesn't help that the stuff I'm taking tastes terrible and doesn't even do much of anything.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 12:45 am

^^^keep flushing yourself out with cool water, "the solution to pollution is dilution" as it said in that old movie ("the court jester"). vitamin C. sun exposure if you can arrange it. rest. distract yourself with good movies and music. at least one medical study said elderberry extract shortened the duration and reduced the intensity of flu symptoms. :idea:

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 12:50 am

I'm usually pretty good with faces, but a lot of the time I can't remember where I know people from. It gets really unnerving sometimes, to the point that I've yelled out "how do I know you?!" before (and thought it silently a lot). I think it's to do with context and repetition.
Really bad with names though.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:05 am

Elderberry, flu: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9395631

Note reference to inhibition of H3N2. That's the bad actor that the current vaccine is only 30% effective against.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:46 am

The liquid diet is getting rather ho-hum.
Wonder if I could liquidise a steak?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:50 am

I wonder if anybody else besides me, if they could, would accept a neural/ophthalmic implant that would let them have infrared and ultraviolet vision?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:54 am

X-ray vision would be handy sometimes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 1:58 am

with a pair of mirrors, it would let me get a direct view of what is making my back ache.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 2:13 am

answer: back gremlins

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.