Page 1261 of 2518 [ 40278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1258, 1259, 1260, 1261, 1262, 1263, 1264 ... 2518  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:14 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i don't understand people who refuse to give out a VIN number or block out the license plate when selling their car on craigslist. they think someone's gonna download their car, or?

in terms of ID theft these are scary times and people generalize to an extreme their need to conceal everything from public view.

katdances
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2018, 3:42 am

Wondering how my day’s going to go tomorrow since right now I'm not able to sleep cause I’m sick and can’t breathe right.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:16 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
i don't understand people who refuse to give out a VIN number or block out the license plate when selling their car on craigslist. they think someone's gonna download their car, or?

in terms of ID theft these are scary times and people generalize to an extreme their need to conceal everything from public view.

someone can put your license-plate when seeing that
it was weirder, not that long ago, i noticed a car parked suspectly and questioned the bloke, the dog found him in the backyard, good dog, he played pee-ing and i memorized the plate and wrote it down,
some days later a acquitance/friend dropped by, same car same number, so we inquired,
and he was surprised and enlightened, he had plants stolen from his garden and when he asked his neighbours if they had seen anyone, they told his car was at his place, ...while he wasn't there

or you get a fine for a traffic event where you weren't near by several hundreds of miles, crossing a red light in paris at four in the morning, spectacular, but you must pay first and complain later

and the road spying gets worse and worse, these so called eco-lanes, funny they're located where the robberbarons had their days of prosperity, back to the future, but they see everything and heavily armed holdups over two packets of tobacco ,oh well,
there IS control,
but rather misplaced in these times
chase, chase, chase the cat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx0DjFw3ST8

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

ID theft terrifies me and i can certainly respect that, but i still find it a bit funny. and perhaps more than that, paranoid, i mean....your license plate is visible 24/7, every day of the year, anyone who comes across your car can write it down, or even steal it provided they have a simple screwdriver. it's always out there and vulnerable, is putting it on the internet really that much more of a risk at that point?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:30 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

ID theft terrifies me and i can certainly respect that, but i still find it a bit funny. and perhaps more than that, paranoid, i mean....your license plate is visible 24/7, every day of the year, anyone who comes across your car can write it down, or even steal it provided they have a simple screwdriver. it's always out there and vulnerable, is putting it on the internet really that much more of a risk at that point?

it is one o those impotent stabs at self-defense in the absence of anything really effective to keep the evil ones at bay. a little bit better than whistling past the graveyard.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 9:56 am

I threw the blankets off myself this morning, and the blanket hitting a mostly-full glass of water was enough to knock it over... right onto the pile of papers that were stories I've been writing for years. What an excellent way to start the day :roll: Thank goodness I have both a hard copy and an electronic copy, so I didn't completely lose it - it just means I need to re-write the hard copy in case something happens to the flash drive I've got the electronic one on.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 2:17 pm

^That's one reason why I don't have food or water in my room. I hope you can recover everything.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:43 pm

Every now and then I get demon possessed hands and today I managed to slap curry all over the control panel of my microwave. I almost dropped all my dinner. Grabbed at things indiscriminately. Then cleared up the curry smears.

These hands just take on a mind of their own for a few seconds and all hell breaks loose.

I was left stood there in astonishment wondering - how did that happen? 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 7:09 pm

^Could it be muscle spasms?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 7:47 pm

It could be muscle spasms or just a lack of concentration.
I have no idea really. Perhaps the nerves overacting?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 9:02 pm

The worst thing about having painful teeth is that I can't chew the skin around my fingernails.
My lip is almost healed but the inside of my mouth where the teeth went through the skin is full ulcers.
Ouchie.

I miss real food.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 9:19 pm

Raleigh wrote:
The worst thing about having painful teeth is that I can't chew the skin around my fingernails.
My lip is almost healed but the inside of my mouth where the teeth went through the skin is full ulcers.
Ouchie.

I miss real food.

paddle-boarding accident?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 9:26 pm

^ we'll say it was.

And not that I fell on my face. :oops:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 11:56 pm

Raleigh wrote:
^ we'll say it was.

And not that I fell on my face. :oops:

paddle-boarding it was! heal well.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:56 am

Had you ever been so lax?
That you start muttering nonsense for laughs, act like an adult child, and not care of what yourself and anyone else may say?? :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:11 am

I am thinking about self-compassion and how it helps to heal old wounds. :heart: