Page 1075 of 2518 [ 40278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1072, 1073, 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078 ... 2518  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 5:58 pm

^...How does that...even...what????

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 6:03 pm

^
:lol: In that story, the animals are sentient, so it's not really weird for them to talk.

Last edited by Lillikoi on 20 Jul 2017, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 7:10 pm

I should never have been so mean to Gary.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 8:15 pm

As long as I could only access the tablet in the long run, I won't approach anyone online.
I won't go all out sharing stuffs I witnessed as I'd stop talking about myself. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Jesus Sperg
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jul 2017, 8:41 pm

deleted

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 3:38 am

Meh. Lemon's not a good suggestion for annoying nose and throat in my case. :roll:

Also, I'm laughing at you. Whoever and wherever you are. :twisted:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

21 Jul 2017, 9:31 am

You know you're forever alone when you eat two thirds of your own birthday cake alone, over the span of three days.

Yay for me :)

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 9:37 am

^I'm surprised it lasted three days... I would have finished it of in a day and a half :)

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 9:43 am

^^ Happy Birthday.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 9:52 am

What's on my mind right now is that I'm plummeting into depression today. A couple of negative things have been happening lately and they are getting the better of me.

A so-called "friend" has been incredibly nay-saying and unsupportive about something I'm doing that actually happens to be going really well!

And even though I've been happy about it, it hurt me a lot to hear his Debbie Downer BS. And I started feeling a bit sorry for myself that this negative person is all I've got for "friends."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:01 am

It's probably time to hang out with the birds; one thing about birds, they are faithful beings, and frequently mate for life.

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

21 Jul 2017, 10:14 am

@Froya
Well, I'd probably have done the same, if it wasn't for the rhubarb pie as well.

@racheypie666

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:17 am

Quote:
It's probably time to hang out with the birds; one thing about birds, they are faithful beings, and frequently mate for life.

Yes, I definitely need a long dose of "bird time"!

They really are soothing to me, their company.

And yes I love their fidelity, I love watching the swan and geese couples sticking together no matter what, and being great co-parents to their broods at this time of year.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 7:16 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Lace-Bane, do you still practice martial arts?

I realize I didn't get the chance to comment on Wing Chun as you described it, quite a while ago in this thread. You mentioned that practitioners have been known to execute the moves blindfolded. Of course, I find that especially interesting because I'm blind. Simultaneously attacking and defending is obviously a great idea also. It seems like so much of martial arts is focused on form rather than practicality, as people have to learn all these techniques and movements to progress.
yes, though it’s hard to explain. much of what’s being practiced of wing chun is from observing techniques and forms in film, and matching them with method books... so there is much hesitation to call what’s being practiced wing chun until an instructor can confirm that it is wing chun.

there is a studio in southern california with a reputable lineage(there’s nothing else closer), but it’s too far away for the time being without going to school(higher cost of living, and don’t drive), yet to go to school for finding work there, would make it much more difficult if not impossible to find work abroad... and there are places intended to be experienced, and disciplines to learn from those places, that aren’t here in the united states. have little idea what to go to school for at this point in ignorance.

the problem with wing chun, is not the art, but this form... being 6’2”, and athletic, the art’s validity for practical use of all will likely continue to be disbelieved on levels similar to questionable arts like aikido. it’d be ideal if more women would begin taking interest in promoting the art, but most appear to be men.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 8:12 pm

^I wonder if dojos will eventually take up that marketing challenge then. Also, if only martial arts weren't so expensive. I admire that you learn from the videos and try to practice even without a partner. I hope you can find a class, or at least a partner, at some point.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 8:14 pm

^
Hi!

I still need to reply to your message, I am just very bad at replying to messages on time... :oops: