Page 1019 of 2514 [ 40217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1016, 1017, 1018, 1019, 1020, 1021, 1022 ... 2514  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 11:59 am

TheSilentOne wrote:
I surprisingly did get the phone call and have a second interview for the job I want tomorrow. Wish me luck, I definitely need it.

Get 'er done! I'm wishing you the best of luck!

I had a brief interview with a staffing agency yesterday. I'm trying to decide whether to follow up today, or wait a little longer. I'm also looking at applying to more jobs.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 12:54 pm

I am trying to figure out the rules for something which is complicated AF. 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 2:29 pm

I'm considering sexism in video games.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 2:43 pm

Thank you to everybody who wished me luck. Unfortunately, the interview did not go well.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 2:47 pm

^Hugs and jammie dodgers to you anyway. :heart:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 4:06 pm

DataB4 wrote:
CrystalTermination, wow, sad story. Really hard to watch. No easy answers. +1 to rendering the car unusable though. Clever.

It is a good idea, but though he's 92 my grandad is an old hat at cars - he's very sharp. He'd know what has been done to his and how to fix it, easily.
Even so, this may all be irrelevant now. He's got himself into more trouble driving around again, today. I'm not sure whether the authorities have the power of taking his car away completely at this stage; the worst thing is that he genuinely doesn't care about the danger he poses to others, because he's so sure he's still capable of driving. (I'm sure the motorcyclist he knocked off his bike disagrees with him!)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 4:27 pm

I don't want to be addicted anymore. I'm going to try to help myself.

Quote:
i think people are cowards. hate

Reading that makes me so sad.

Time to smile more.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 5:37 pm

Adicted? Whats that mean? Addicted to to what? :?

Ummm, why does it make you sad? :huh: Just a poorly grammared one liner post.
Besides, I kinda agree. People CAN be cowards.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 6:02 pm

crystaltermination wrote:
DataB4 wrote:
CrystalTermination, wow, sad story. Really hard to watch. No easy answers. +1 to rendering the car unusable though. Clever.

It is a good idea, but though he's 92 my grandad is an old hat at cars - he's very sharp. He'd know what has been done to his and how to fix it, easily.
Even so, this may all be irrelevant now. He's got himself into more trouble driving around again, today. I'm not sure whether the authorities have the power of taking his car away completely at this stage; the worst thing is that he genuinely doesn't care about the danger he poses to others, because he's so sure he's still capable of driving. (I'm sure the motorcyclist he knocked off his bike disagrees with him!)

Okay. Take out the computer chips? Not to be ageist, or anything. I worry about this issue since my dad is 80.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:03 pm

^^
I'm addicted to the internet, video games, and goat cheese. In this case, I was referring to the internet, since I've barely done anything all day.

It makes me sad because people are not cowards. They my be fearful, and act selfishly in such situations, but judging and calling someone cowardly without knowing their full story happens far too often.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 9:28 pm

planning to go check out that muay thai studio saturday morning just to see how much it costs. it might be too expensive after looking deeper into their site. just feel obligated to go in, rather than just calling regardless of whether the cost is acceptable or not, as it seems it would gnaw at the back of the mind if not to get to go in and see inside for some unknown reasoning. not used-to/comfortable feeling excited about things... such feelings appear precariously hopeful.

also planning on calling that wing chun instructor to see how much private lessons cost for comparison... it might make more sense to start with that honestly, with so many health things and appointments being tended to at the moment, being able to schedule a specific day and time is probably more ideal. the muay thai studio has a free one month trial, but it'd be a waste to start it right away and then be too busy or ill to make the most of the time in seeing if it feels a correct fit. also a bit uncertain that muay thai won't make for too much muscle growth. as it is, certain exercises are already improvised to strengthen tendons and ligaments without strengthening the muscle groups in proximity. would definitely have to spend a lot more time stretching to keep the muscles lithe for wing chun... actually don't even like having this much as it feels stiff and bulky in places just from studying some wing chun from books/film, and japanese swordsmanship from instructional films.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 9:30 pm

For some reason, I want it to be a last summer again now. :(

I just got hit with a train-load of nostalgia. 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 11:30 am

I am thinking about buying another Dragon Quest game.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 11:39 am

I'm thinking about writing an autobiography. And fanfiction. Basically I've been bitten by the writing bug and that's what I want to do.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 11:52 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I'm thinking about writing an autobiography. And fanfiction. Basically I've been bitten by the writing bug and that's what I want to do.

You definitely should! :D

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 1:42 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
For some reason, I want it to be a last summer again now. :(

I just got hit with a train-load of nostalgia. 8O

Ooh~! What about?

(Sorry, curious.)