Page 1141 of 2523 [ 40362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1138, 1139, 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144 ... 2523  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 10:53 pm

it's too short to not give it a chance.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 10:54 pm

Raleigh

If you do not want to eat rice, then do not eat rice

But restaurant rice

Fried rice

Is not bland at all

Plenty of fat, msg, salt, flavor

Love fried rice

:mrgreen:

Love chow fun

Love lo mein

:heart:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 11:00 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Life's too short to eat rice. :eew:

i'm hoping that whatever is causing you to not want to live passes quickly.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 11:04 pm

Pokemon Go has been getting less and less fun for me. The only people I know who play are my mom and my brother, and my brother is at college a two-hour drive away and my mom has mostly lost interest in it, so the only way I can do raids is by stumbling upon them at the right time, when there are already people there - and I can't drive, so there's only one gym I can get to on my own. As a result, I've gotten zero legendary Pokemon. I'm still trying, but if they introduce trading but no way to trade with random people you've never met, I'm dropping the game - if I even keep going that long.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 11:52 pm

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 12:14 am

Wondering how pointless it would be to clean this chunk of raw polymer clay that seems to have become a lint magnet. Would help if I could find tweezers.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 12:20 am

^ give it to me and i'll turn it into something. :mrgreen:

my blood type is B positive, so why am i so sad all the time??

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 12:37 am

^Unfortunately, technology has not advanced to the point where it's possible to send things through a monitor, else I would do so. It's my kato clay too so it ain't some cheapo stuff, which is why I'm trying to clean it. :( Welp, at least it's only a small chunk (about what... 1 ounce off a 1lb block?) so I still have more than enough clean clay to work with, but I'm still annoyed because I wanted to cast whatever I made into a silicone mold so I could make some (clear) resin copies.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 1:27 am

My dog makes the most amusing noises when he yawns :lol:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 4:48 am

I hate my life so bad right now. I just want to get out of all of it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 5:03 am

i wonder what would happen if all the states without a coastline were to vanish overnight.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 6:17 am

How i have to clean the house and how tired i am to do it.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 8:02 am

Nothing I could do has any significant, long lasting effect on anything

Within certain limits, might as well do whatever I want

However now that I am 34, even the list of things I want to do is rapidly dwindling

:idea:

Especially now that Trump is president

:jester:

Feel like a public nuisance

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 10:20 am

Raleigh wrote:
There's no way anyone can help anyway.
So it's a pointless exercise.

I can relate to that. The only good thing, it seems, about being helped is the other person's experience in how it feels to help somebody. In most cases the person being helped is left on their own. This is preposterous and I'm inclined to think that nobody can really help anybody.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 10:34 am

Krabo wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
There's no way anyone can help anyway.
So it's a pointless exercise.

I can relate to that. The only good thing, it seems, about being helped is the other person's experience in how it feels to help somebody. In most cases the person being helped is left on their own. This is preposterous and I'm inclined to think that nobody can really help anybody.

I think a lot depends on the intent of both parties, and the level of understanding and agreement. Where we can measure this kind of thing, result indicate it's possible for people to help each other, but it can also hurt the intended recipient. I guess I've been on both sides with both results, and can easily think of an example of each of the four cases.

I want to improve my skills, and someone teaches me how.

Someone has a wish for me which I don't share, and tries to help by bending me to their will.

I surmise correctly how to solve a problem someone else has, and they apply the solution to good effect.

I try to explain to bigots how their views make no sense and harm people.

One can find examples of each on a larger scale in the context of international aid. Many humanitarian agencies have covered up their mistakes in the past, and some continue to do so, but I have noticed a trend toward greater disclosure. The scientific method works, so I have hope.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 11:04 am

jrjones9933 wrote:

I think a lot depends on the intent of both parties, and the level of understanding and agreement. Where we can measure this kind of thing, result indicate it's possible for people to help each other, but it can also hurt the intended recipient. I guess I've been on both sides with both results, and can easily think of an example of each of the four cases.

(a) I want to improve my skills, and someone teaches me how.

(b) Someone has a wish for me which I don't share, and tries to help by bending me to their will.

(c) I surmise correctly how to solve a problem someone else has, and they apply the solution to good effect.

(d) I try to explain to bigots how their views make no sense and harm people.

One can find examples of each on a larger scale in the context of international aid. Many humanitarian agencies have covered up their mistakes in the past, and some continue to do so, but I have noticed a trend toward greater disclosure. The scientific method works, so I have hope.

Which one of the four cases (a) to (d) is materializing right here, in front of our eyes? Is it (a), you teaching me that helping is possible? Is it (b), you hammering into my head the idea that helping is possible? It certainly isn't (c) beacuse I wouldn't be applying anything. I'm forced to admit that it could be (d) because I'm not omniscient no matter how much I wish I was.