Page 1134 of 2518 [ 40278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1131, 1132, 1133, 1134, 1135, 1136, 1137 ... 2518  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 12:01 am

Picking at scabs

Pimples

Pus

Oil

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:14 am

i wonder if you can see a labrador retriever growing in real time, if you look hard enough.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 6:25 am

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 7:19 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
DataB4 wrote:
Cool, I'm not done with the first season of Gothem yet. What do you think so far?

I like it well enough. I'm on to episode 12 (season 1) now. I'm actually not super familiar with the Batman stuff - I'd kind of like to get into it, but I didn't really know where to begin - thought I'd give this a go. It's interesting enough to keep me watching. I have a minor obsession (as opposed to a major one that's almost always on my mind in some way) with Johnathan Crane / Scarecrow, I'm looking forward to seeing him in a couple episodes.

How about you? What episode are you on, and what do you think?

I'm at episode 11. Cool coincidence that we're both starting the same series at the same time. :) It reminds me of some of the Marvel series on Netflix: lots of corruption and plotting, only with the mob and not superheroes. I especially like the way they're developing Bruce's, Gordon's, and Penguin's characters. Penguin is one of the most unique villains I've ever seen.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 9:39 am

the older i get the more emotionally fragile i get

and i was always emotionally fragile

tried and failed to sleep 9 to 10 pm. got up. failed to resist eating

gorging

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:02 am

How to heal old scars...?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 11:26 am

We all got some kinda problems.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:29 pm

Feel ashamed of not joining the military.

Some civilians worship the military

But whatever

:idea:

Feel like I am a Special Snowflake :cry:

Feel guilty and ashamed

Like when I continue living, I pose an undue burden to precious lil "most people"

:arrow:

:oops:

:cry:

:D

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 7:32 pm

Gosh, my guitar class is disheartening. I practice every day for at least an hour, yet when I get to class, everyone else is much better than me. I'm apparently really slow to learn chords - we're given two or three minutes to practice new chords on our own and then given a pattern to try, and I'm the only one who can't get it before we're all supposed to do the pattern together. And once I do learn them, I'm way too slow in getting my fingers there. I think after this class, I'm just sticking to Youtube videos to learn more, so I can learn at my own pace without having it shoved in my face how much better everyone else is than me.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 7:34 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

Feel like I am a Special Snowflake :cry:

Feel guilty and ashamed

Like when I continue living, I pose an undue burden to precious lil "most people"

Hugs for you. I feel the same way.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:11 pm

BaldMan, I wish I knew what to say. :( Does helping other people in small ways ease that "burden" feeling at all?

Dragonsanddemons, that guitar class? Not fun! Sounds like you won't let their pace discourage you from learning and practicing though. I admire that. :)

Hugs to you both.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:22 am

Data b 4

:D

Helping someone does not ease the "burden" feeling at all

:heart:

Sometimes someone intends to "help" and ends up hurting

Sometimes, actions and statements have effects that are not visible, physical, immediate, or direct

Sometimes it is not clear whether something helped or hurt or had no effect

And helping someone could cause :mrgreen: codependency

Besides I have few or no job skills. Certainly not any skills worth over minimum wage

A previous licensed clinical social worker told me that the objective. Goal. Of counseling was to "feel better". But nobody measured my serotonin levels

Besides, cost benefit analysis

Maybe after counseling, my serotonin levels were higher. But maybe just sitting alone in a quiet room would have had the same result

And the current counselor charges 75 bucks an hour. Which is around the standard rate for other counselors

But to get 75 bucks I have to panhandle from a lot of strangers. So is the cost benefit analysis worth it?

Besides, what is so good about feeling better?

Maybe feeling better in the long term requires feeling worse in the short term

For example, if I ate a pound of :cry: lasagna :D , I would feel better while eating. And feel worse afterward

Furthermore, motels charge about 75 bucks a day. A night. Too. 75 bucks, when used strategically, could provide two weeks of food. Especially with the "help" of soup kitchens.

Room and board

75 bucks provides for unlimited bus fare, where I live

:idea:

Anyways some precious lil "people" have the nerve to condescendingly offer "help" :cry: when you do not need or want help. And when you did not do anything wrong either :skull:

For example, on Sunday, a security guard had the nerve to ask me "do you need help" and he told me I was on the toilet for 30 minutes.

But I measured it. 15 minutes. There were five toilets and at least two of them were empty. Nobody was waiting for the toilet

And then he left and came back with another self-important precious lil "person". And that one had the nerve to tell me that if I did not leave in five minutes, he would call medical services.

:wink:

:roll:

It's like wtf :?:

If they wanted to "help" me they could have just left me alone :!:

If someone is raping me, someone can "help" by physically removing the rapist from my worthless corpse

Granted, I am not functioning well alone. (Fine)

But almost nobody has the authority, skill, desire, or energy to provide real "help"

That could be significant.

:(

:ninja:

:P

Phrygian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Sep 2017, 9:00 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Gosh, my guitar class is disheartening. I practice every day for at least an hour, yet when I get to class, everyone else is much better than me. I'm apparently really slow to learn chords - we're given two or three minutes to practice new chords on our own and then given a pattern to try, and I'm the only one who can't get it before we're all supposed to do the pattern together. And once I do learn them, I'm way too slow in getting my fingers there. I think after this class, I'm just sticking to Youtube videos to learn more, so I can learn at my own pace without having it shoved in my face how much better everyone else is than me.

Hang in there. Even the best have been awful at some point. :)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:34 pm

Today a stranger correctly pointed out that I was sitting on the ground, then I was sitting next to. (about two yards away from) them.

The stranger had the nerve to tell me that I was a "weirdo".

She was correct

But she had no clue how correct

:mrgreen:

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:38 pm

I have never felt so desperate to find another situation.

And I literally cannot for multiple un-fixable reasons, without actually doing even more damage to my life. Long story.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:56 pm

that feeling where you feel as though you're missing something, but you don't know what it is.