Page 1021 of 2516 [ 40253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1018, 1019, 1020, 1021, 1022, 1023, 1024 ... 2516  Next

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 1:38 am

The light bulb in the bathroom just gave out with a sharp crack as if it exploded.

I was startled. At the same time the part of me that is exhausted went from verge of passing out to wide awake.

What the heck?? :lol:

If this is a short term remedy for exhaustion, I'll keep that in mind. If not well..... :twisted:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 2:05 am

TheSilentOne wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
I'm thinking about writing an autobiography. And fanfiction. Basically I've been bitten by the writing bug and that's what I want to do.

You definitely should! :D

That's really ambitious. :) I like your later idea of short stories. I have a tough time writing stories about myself though. I feel inhibited, and I'm like, my life seems so ordinary, not worth writing about, to me. But other people find it interesting at times.

Edna3362 wrote:
The light bulb in the bathroom just gave out with a sharp crack as if it exploded.

I was startled. At the same time the part of me that is exhausted went from verge of passing out to wide awake.

If this is a short term remedy for exhaustion, I'll keep that in mind. If not well..... :twisted:

:lol: That's one exhaustion remedy I'd rather skip. And wow, 33 hours of straight socializing? That's pretty amazing, so I'm baffled by the fact that you hadn't crashed yet, as of the writing of this post. Maybe you're sound asleep by now.

Lace-Bane wrote:
nh, doesn’t appear in best interest of inner goals to check out the nearby muay thai studio. plenty of people are already upholding such traditions that this one is not needed for preservation, and it doesn’t soundly aid truest ambitions. on the contrary, it’s more likely to contaminate them... having an increasingly combustible and forbidding competitive spirit during prolonged sparring, it would be easy to forget about everything else if tempted to participate in tournament for an art that’s so powerfully compelling from afar. shaolin kempo, tournaments for that were exceptionally easy to refuse and retain composure because no respect or belief in its effectiveness were held to it after enough exposure to those of its advanced practitioners. foresee sticking upon path with seeking wing chun.

What do you value most in a martial art then?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 2:23 am

DataB4 wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
I'm thinking about writing an autobiography. And fanfiction. Basically I've been bitten by the writing bug and that's what I want to do.

You definitely should! :D

That's really ambitious. :) I like your later idea of short stories. I have a tough time writing stories about myself though. I feel inhibited, and I'm like, my life seems so ordinary, not worth writing about, to me. But other people find it interesting at times.

Thank you. :) I did indeed find a way to write that caters to the way my mind works (particularly my OCD) - I just make sure every chapter is exactly 100 words. No more, no less. Using this method I have had a very productive night - I wrote 500 words total. I want to be especially ambitious and write a 50,000 word novel like this, but I know that stories have a way of telling you when they're finished, so I don't mind if it wraps up before the big 50,000 milestone (which, in all likelihood, it probably will.)

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 6:23 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Why did James have to hand Cacnea over to Gardenia? Why can't he be useful in other ways like being a waterboy, giving out cups of water to everyone or be trained to hug each Pokemon and their trainer for a job well done? A Sweet Pea can be put to good use, too.

I didn't get that far, but I remember when Jessie and James released Arbok and Weezing so they could get some Ekans and Koffing away from a bad poacher. Surprisingly heroic of Team Rocket and a sad moment as well.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 7:11 am

DataB4 wrote:

Edna3362 wrote:

:lol: That's one exhaustion remedy I'd rather skip. And wow, 33 hours of straight socializing? That's pretty amazing, so I'm baffled by the fact that you hadn't crashed yet, as of the writing of this post. Maybe you're sound asleep by now.

I was at home 2 days ago. And posted on the next day. I really did fell asleep once I got home.

Why 33 hours? Let's see..
Let's just say the best accommodation that one gave me would be the lack of bias or assumptions. Or certain expectations. So I could go all out without holding myself back.

The rest isn't -- words are just as unnatural, the seminar is mostly on dictation (there were plenty of sign language interpreters though). My seat is where the coldest is, and I have a specific weakness for cold.
Its a peer counseling, so interaction is a must. It's mostly verbal. And there were, like, only less than 3 diagrams and are all in just one topic.

While I do not hold back, I literally gave my all since I enjoyed too much that I forgot to take a break. :lol:
Other factor on this, it's because I rarely ever need a break. Therefore, I'm not used to having the need to take a break. And it's been a long time since the last time I ever got exhausted.

On top of that, I 'maintained' 2 groups that event -- first group consists of seniors and veterans, then the other first timer like myself. Second group is the roommates consists of females and are ages 19-27.

So first group's with me during breakfast and halfway during the course of the seminar.
Second group after the seminar, then all the way through the rest of the day and night. Sometime at night, that's when I start having signs...
We didn't slept until, like, 1AM. :lol:
And we woke up at 3AM. We were the first to get up.

Then the first group again at breakfast. Then switch in between throughout the morning until the seminar.
I was still enjoying myself bugging either or both of them, :lol: but at the same time struggling to keep up with my own mind, body, and emotion.

At my hard limit, I tried to go minimal and go passive. But it's too late to control myself then.
I cried a bit. Because I have to get away because I'm tired, but I still want to to go to them. And because I was seeing them from a distance, in more ways than one, for various reasons mostly reasons that anyone there couldn't understand.

When we go home, we rode in groups. So I was still bugging someone on my way home.

But I was so sick, and I could barely have a semblance of control, I ended up vomiting.

My stomach still hurts. But I'm sure I didn't ate anything bad or anything I wouldn't eat. Nor did something after eating, nor ate too little or too much.

And right now, I'm still exhausted. But my mind and body wouldn't let me.

By the way, the 'remedy' is just temporary. :lol: Which I found out by now.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 7:57 am

the music and atmosphere of this old game is creepy in a good way. i never played it bu i feel that played it before but i have never played it although i feel that i played it, but no, i never played it.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 9:22 am

Edna3362 wrote:
Why 33 hours? Let's see..
Let's just say the best accommodation that one gave me would be the lack of bias or assumptions. Or certain expectations. So I could go all out without holding myself back.

That makes sense, disability conferences are supposed to be empowering and not make assumptions about what people can and can't do. :)

Edna3362 wrote:
The rest isn't -- words are just as unnatural, the seminar is mostly on dictation (there were plenty of sign language interpreters though). My seat is where the coldest is, and I have a specific weakness for cold.

Meeting rooms are often cold, that sucks. How did you feel about the rest of it, the format you describe here?

Edna3362 wrote:
Its a peer counseling, so interaction is a must. It's mostly verbal. And there were, like, only less than 3 diagrams and are all in just one topic.

That'd be challenging for a visual thinker.

Edna3362 wrote:
While I do not hold back, I literally gave my all since I enjoyed too much that I forgot to take a break. :lol:
Other factor on this, it's because I rarely ever need a break. Therefore, I'm not used to having the need to take a break. And it's been a long time since the last time I ever got exhausted.

Wow, so you get so involved in stuff, even for hours and hours, and then the need for a break eventually crashes down on you. And you had quite a few groups to give that energy to.

Edna3362 wrote:
We didn't slept until, like, 1AM. :lol:
And we woke up at 3AM. We were the first to get up.

Yeah, I'm sure! That's not much sleep at all, and that was your only break. Yikes! I can see why you'd be struggling with your mind and emotions, as you put it.

Edna3362 wrote:
At my hard limit, I tried to go minimal and go passive. But it's too late to control myself then.
I cried a bit. Because I have to get away because I'm tired, but I still want to to go to them. And because I was seeing them from a distance, in more ways than one, for various reasons mostly reasons that anyone there couldn't understand.

So, enjoying yourself on the one hand, breaking down on the other. It was all too much. How did your other roommates react? Crying? Falling asleep in class and on the ride home?

Sorry you got so sick, on top of being exhausted. I hope you feel better soon.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 10:28 am

DataB4 wrote:
What do you value most in a martial art then?

there are enough self defense studios in the united states that teach the devoted youthful athlete to defend themselves or play hero for others, but too few that teach an effective art form to those that are most likely to be targeted for assault. the reason for leaving the former studio was that they took in students for an art that is only effective for the most resilient and athletic, and were teaching dangerous false confidence to majority those that were neither.

wing chun, an infighting system, is admired for it’s capacity to teach most regardless of age, physique, stature, vitality, or sex to efficiently fend off a much larger opponent that’s too close for comfort through safe/economical movements that utilize the entire body to defend and attack simultaneously, evasions, deflections(blocking a strike is a horrible idea... a block is a strike, so such a strike from a smaller defender against a strike from a larger aggressor, only multiplies the impact, and the result is likely a broken limb for the smaller.), and sensing the opponent rather than learning a hundred and one different elaborate techniques that fly out the window upon facing conflict because an aggressive opponent never stands still like a board to be broken. advanced practitioners of wing chun have been known to even practice with others while blindfolded to no loss of effectiveness... which considering there is an inner sense of balance, and a conflicting outer balance that is seen with the eyes, it’s more impressive than such might sound(if one balances upon one leg with eyes open, and then closes their eyes, they will fall over shortly if not to cultivate a physical awareness of the inner balance with eyes open because the two senses of balance aren’t naturally in alignment. another art, taijiquan touches upon this concept as a way of throwing an aggressor off balance in holding superior balance, the inner balance).

personal aspiration is to learn a few arts that instill similar admiration to teaching proficiency to be able to teach to people of different types for use of defending themselves or/and cherished lives. there is also a desire to go back to school to learn as much about the mechanics of the body so that physical limitations could be worked around to tailor arts suitable to the individual.

Last edited by Lace-Bane on 27 May 2017, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 10:41 am

I need to get back into my art...crochet, jewelry making, painting, and drawing. I miss it, and if I'm going to just wait until school starts in fall and forgo the summer job idea, I need to do something to keep busy.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 12:15 am

IdahoRose wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Why did James have to hand Cacnea over to Gardenia? Why can't he be useful in other ways like being a waterboy, giving out cups of water to everyone or be trained to hug each Pokemon and their trainer for a job well done? A Sweet Pea can be put to good use, too.

That is the sweetest post I have ever read! You would make a fantastic Pokemon trainer. :P

Thank you, Sweet Pea. :P

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 12:24 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

That is the sweetest post I have ever read! You would make a fantastic Pokemon trainer. :P

Thank you, Sweet Pea. :P

You're welcome, Schultz. Say hi to Cacnea for me! :P

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 May 2017, 9:50 am

Last day of Fanime for me before Anime Expo in L.A. in a month. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 11:15 am

My cat has been sitting on my desk for several minutes now, silently watching the screen as I scroll it up and down. :)
Oh, he just left. :(

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 11:26 am

let him watch some sexy cats mating on youtube or something, he will never leave

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 11:26 am

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 11:30 am

^
:o
:heart: