Page 1018 of 2484 [ 39738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1015, 1016, 1017, 1018, 1019, 1020, 1021 ... 2484  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

24 May 2017, 3:09 pm

Vacation tomorrow, yay!

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 4:24 pm

the closest potential ideal outlets of martial arts studies are fifty miles off for wong shun leung wing chun, and thirty for muay boran. due to a recently documented seizure, driving isn't legally an option. so trying to think of the path to take as detour.

thinking to either take private lessons from a person who could teach the basics of wing chun(doesn’t appear to know the whole system) and hone them until a good studio is found accessible that teaches the entire system, or take muay thai(a studio very nearby... one bus away.) and reign it back into muay boran later in life with the aid of a good teacher, or both while heading back to school for learning something like physical therapy(kind of rather intrigued by anatomy and kinesiology too). it seems with schooling(have to know a major immediately because almost all general education was finished years ago), and the self sufficiency that could come about from it, good teachers could be sought from anywhere throughout the country. also, knowing more about the body could aid greater understanding in improvising teachings of self defense to people with physical disabilities. might not be enough barriers within to bridle this mind... so many thoughts...

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

24 May 2017, 4:30 pm

My vacation this weekend. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2017, 5:05 pm

I'm looking forward to having a week off and my birthday, those will be really fun :)

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 5:23 pm

crystaltermination wrote:
My dad had to get into contact with the police over his own father my grandad today, because he is literally now a danger to others. He's just had his driving license taken away from him after massively failing a special assessment undertaken to monitor his driving abilities, shortly after having injured a motorcyclist on the road. He's been driving since he was 15 years old and is now 92: it's obviously a real blow for him to give it up, especially as he isn't physically capable of walking far.
Anyway, my dad had expressed worries - the family penchant for stubbornness runs strong in him! He was supposed to drive over and take him out shopping today. Drove over, found no sign of him or his car, he'd already taken himself out in it. I feel the solution is to take temptation (the car) away from him altogether, but I'm not sure how that's going to go down.

You don't have to take the whole car. You could just take the distributor cap, or the starter. That sometimes works.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 7:23 pm

I surprisingly did get the phone call and have a second interview for the job I want tomorrow. Wish me luck, I definitely need it.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 7:27 pm

*sends good luck, kitty kisses, and hugs [...and a fez] to TheSilentOne*

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 8:26 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
I surprisingly did get the phone call and have a second interview for the job I want tomorrow. Wish me luck, I definitely need it.

Gooooood luck! :D

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 8:27 pm

Ohh, shootie patootie. I just realized I made a dreadful mistake. :wall:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 8:36 pm

The French Open starts on Sunday.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 8:48 pm

My granma just broke her hip, my DS is dead, I'm stuck in this hot car, and my mom was so in a hurry to get to granny that SHE LEFT THE TICKY TOCKY TURN SIGNAL ON AN ITS SO ANNOYING.

sos. :( Also we need to go two towns over.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:53 am

Also, we legitimately just pulled an all nighter. I am not kidding you. Six hours of waiting for a doctor, six hours of NOTHING. 8O

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2017, 8:28 am

i think people are cowards. hate

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 8:52 am

I'm going to reply to a bunch of people in my post.

Midnightstar, that's really scary and exhausting. I hope your grandma's being cared for now and that you can rest.

TheSilentOne, good luck today. :)

CrystalTermination, wow, sad story. Really hard to watch. No easy answers. +1 to rendering the car unusable though. Clever.

AwkwardFacepalm, yikes, questions of good and evil. I don't really believe they have any really satisfying answers. I can certainly see how aggression got passed down: aggressors often tend to survive and thrive. Lots of errors in heredity too, and new stuff that nature tries out. That's not really an answer though. Not having answers isn't comfortable, but it leaves people open to possibilities.

Lillikoi, yeah, bank fees and terms and such. Like a foreign language, especially at first. I have to ask lots of questions to really understand it all, so without that, I'd be lost.

Hmm, vacations. Sounds fun. I'm not going anywhere far though, so I'll go to a barbecue, catch up on some TV and reading, and hopefully be over this latest cold I've got.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 11:49 am

Midnightstar: I hope both you and your grandma are healed [you from stress, she from her hip]. :heart: I'm sending both of you lots of love.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 11:59 am

TheSilentOne wrote:

Get 'er done! I'm wishing you the best of luck!

I had a brief interview with a staffing agency yesterday. I'm trying to decide whether to follow up today, or wait a little longer. I'm also looking at applying to more jobs.