Page 1161 of 2484 [ 39743 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161, 1162, 1163, 1164 ... 2484  Next

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:38 pm

I remember one time when I was probably 6 or so, flopping onto a bed (likely after getting home from school) and staring at a light fixture on the ceiling missing its bulb, imagining my future self would be staring back at me from said fixture, and wondering what kind of person that would be.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 9:47 am

I've got 3 pages of my story to type out today.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 10:11 am

Electronic music.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 10:24 am

in the second or third grade, a japanese woman named rai showed the class how to make origami cranes, and every child asked what their name was in japanese... just an amusing random memory that surfaced late last night. also recall begging mother for, and receiving, a couple origami books shortly after.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 10:46 am

I wonder what it was that people saw in me when I was younger. I wonder what it is they see in me now that they won't mention in an effort to be polite.

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2017, 1:37 pm

Supreme commander Servalan. :mrgreen:

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 1:57 pm

I don't mind them battery operated bicycles really.

I think anything that aids a persons mobility whilst at the same time promoting health and fitness can only be a good thing.

However, whilst I'm struggling uphill, fighting gale force winds and one of these battery operated vehicles sales by seemingly effortless, then I do suddenly find myself spitting f*****g feathers.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 5:01 pm

I'm getting an attorney. I'm scared, but I can't let them get away with this.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 12:47 pm

I found a lawyer that specifically deals in HOA Law. They want the case. Me and Mary are seeing him Tues. I asked how much and they said it didn't matter - they are blocking off a bunch of time because they want the case. They will specifically be going after the HOA management company. I am not to speak to them any further as the lawyer will now be handling it. That's good cause I have homework to do.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

19 Oct 2017, 2:39 pm

Vacation next week, yay! :D (My last one for the year.)

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 2:53 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I found a lawyer that specifically deals in HOA Law. They want the case. Me and Mary are seeing him Tues. I asked how much and they said it didn't matter - they are blocking off a bunch of time because they want the case. They will specifically be going after the HOA management company. I am not to speak to them any further as the lawyer will now be handling it. That's good cause I have homework to do.

I'm glad you've gotten a lawyer to help you out. I hope they're able to take care of things. So sorry you've had to go through all this.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2017, 3:49 pm

The word "cutedonkadonk" should be a thing. Why isn't it?

I'm trying to stop myself from making so many typing mistakes. Why can't I given my background as an Arts/Social Science student? That's, like, the one thing I should be able to do with an Arts degree, guaranteed.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 4:35 pm

Mary is happy as a lark. We found out from someone that there are people around here that were forced into trying to sign the petitions and they didn't. One past Board member even said that he thought me and Mary were doing a great job! I wish this had all happened before yesterday - Mary got too scared and resigned. She still said she wants to go in on the lawyer with me. We have to clear her name.

The Special Meeting is set for next Wednesday at 6:30pm (they are trying to force it through quickly) and me and Mary have an appointment with the lawyer Tuesday at 3pm. I have already sent most of my emails and the petitions to the lawyer and he wants 24 hours to review before he tells me what to do next. I'm hoping we can stop the meeting altogether with an injunction or something. I'm feeling better now and not so alone. I just have to keep praying.

Darn, I flunked.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 6:53 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Mary is happy as a lark. We found out from someone that there are people around here that were forced into trying to sign the petitions and they didn't. One past Board member even said that he thought me and Mary were doing a great job! I wish this had all happened before yesterday - Mary got too scared and resigned. She still said she wants to go in on the lawyer with me. We have to clear her name.

The Special Meeting is set for next Wednesday at 6:30pm (they are trying to force it through quickly) and me and Mary have an appointment with the lawyer Tuesday at 3pm. I have already sent most of my emails and the petitions to the lawyer and he wants 24 hours to review before he tells me what to do next. I'm hoping we can stop the meeting altogether with an injunction or something. I'm feeling better now and not so alone. I just have to keep praying.

YAY!

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 8:40 pm

Playing Pokemon while watching Saw for the first time :lol: Actually, that's pretty descriptive of me in general - it's like there's one part of me that's very childlike and another that's downright scary. I guess they kind of balance each other a bit.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 12:08 am

Thoughts from funion while unable to sleep before I disappear,

Why would someone hacking me be probable cause to get my ISP logs and spy on me anyways? Wouldn't that be probable cause to get ISP logs from the person that hacked me? And spy on them? Anyway, have fun going through useless steam and Netflix data.

Wtf

I guess drugs would be probable cause, but in small amounts that would be local not federal.

Me thinks I have Russian status with the fbi, I don't think anything I do unofficially bothers them but officially I am horrible person.

Meh I guess I get to play cat and mouse with the feds for life, that might be fun I guess, I don't know, I am a funion. Why yes I would like to play thermal global nuclear warfare, thanks for asking :-)