Do homeless people have no friends?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 1:40 pm

I see. While some do work and make their own money, they choose to be homeless because it's "better for the environment" they say. And what I mean by work is they have a profession and they make money like everyoine else does and they have a bank account but they choose to not own a home or rent. I don't understand it but at least they aren't hurting anyone.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 9:59 pm

I'm not trying to insult homeless people here but just think about it for a second. If you had a close friend, whom for one reason or another, became homeless, wouldn't you invite them to stay at your house for the time being?

Its either that or people don't care that a close friend of theirs is homeless on the streets.

What do you think?

____________________________________________________________________________________

there are a lot of homeless people in the world. some of them have friends. some homeless people hang out together. some homeless people have no friends.

define "homeless". some social service agencies include people that live on a friend's couch (as you suggested) under the definition of "homeless".

first of all, i ain't got no precious lil "friends". certainly no close "friends".

but i have wondered, what if i end up homeless. b/c the only jobs i have ever had were minimum wage. that ain't sufficient for both room and board simultaneously. and plenty of self-important, egocentric idiots had the nerve to fire my worthless corpse.

so i asked someone if i could live with him, if i ended up homeless. he answered no.

but he can still be a friend. why not? whenever i see him at trader joe's, randomly, he wastes $$ on me. and i do not waste $$ on him.

he told me he does not earn enough money for me to move in with him.

depends on the $$ situation of the friend. depends on how long someone is homeless for. depends on how much $$ someone pays.

and, in the past, there were plenty of precious little "friends" that i would not have invited to live with me. unless under extreme circumstances. some of them gossipped at lot. some of them just could not shut their moronic little traps. some one them succeeded at peer pressuring me to do things i did not want to do. some of them just refused to compromise, ever, on anything. some of them said "huh" and "what" instead of "excuse me".

since i am autistic and they are neurotypical, there are a lot of things that they could say or do that i would not have the faintest clue how to respond to. much less correctly respond to.

close friends?

even spouses often argue about $$.

scorekeeping.

in their defense, what if i ended up homeless? and someone let me move in with him. i would be paranoid if what he wanted in return. b/c if i had enough $$ to pay him for rent, then why wouldn't i rent my own apartment?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 10:22 pm

my experience was that homeless people don't even seem to like each other that much.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 6:15 am

...Since I'm homeless (Right now staying in a nursing place after an emergency operation , it's temporary)...this last 18 months or so I've been trying to Regina my health , at least this stay might patch me up a bit - and then what ? As I've mentioned , I had two more toes amputated in that hospital stay theat left me here ; There might be some ways I should update/change my situation to reflect some slight improvements , but I will offer the excuse of this painstaking-to-type-on little Cricket phone . I do tend to think m that I will likely never walk without a crutch again , though I might (for now) walk with the crutch as more to stop accidents from happening/in case rather than absolutely being unable to walk withouts it .
I.get SSDI but it gets paid by the week and I have Absolutely Nothing g but what I carried in beers with , essentially and , certainly in San Francisco , paying first/last/deposit for an apartment and trying g to set myself up with a few things work take far more than I have . I have no adult family who cares about me left , period .
My Aspie-type shyness may have made things difficult for me . :(

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:
my experience was that homeless people don't even seem to like each other that much.

__________________________________________________________________________________

the homeless that i encounter seem to do what the homed do: they only socially interact with someone that looks and acts just like them.

egocentrism

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Aug 2017, 3:49 am

Me & my girlfriend were homeless for two weeks. She was renting a place with her mom & about a month or so before I went up to Vermont so we could find our own place. Cass's mom moved back in with Cass's dad & me & Cass looked for a different place in a bigger city nearby. We found a place the day or so before the lease ran out on the place she was sharing with her mom. Section 8 is helping Cass out with her rent thou & it took them a while to get their act together & do an inspection & paperwork for the new place. Most of Cass's stuff got brought to her parents & me & Cass stayed with her sister for two weeks. Two weeks was the maximum her sister was allowed to have visitors & we didn't sign the paperwork with property management & section 8 till the day before we had to be gone. We got the keys the day after.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition