Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 10:17 pm

It is now (at 2 PM) 10°C colder than it was at midnight last night (ie now 25°C or 77°F and at midnight it was 35°C or 95°F)!

THAT is a cool change. Very nice.

And rain! Helps put out the bushfires.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 11:50 pm

I'm not even sure what an average winter is where I live. I've seen both really mild winters and downright unbearable ones with daytime highs around five degrees fahrenheit lasting for weeks.
In fact, this winter was unusually mild until just a week ago when the blizzard developed. We went from highs in the mid seventies to a highs of ten degrees fahrenheit. One night the low was below zero fahrenheit. So, it got very cold very fast. That kind of extreme temperature shift is unusual.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 1:23 am

Early this week the temps in Laramie are going to go straight to hell (and by hell I mean the 9th level of hell as described by Dante - think about it for a second)

I'm going to pull up the forecast. One minute. Pay close attention to tonight through Wednesday...

Overnight: Areas of blowing snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. Wind chill values as low as -30. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Monday: Areas of blowing snow and a slight chance of snow before 11am, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Wind chill values as low as -20. Windy, with a west wind between 25 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Monday Night: Snow likely and areas of blowing snow before 11pm, then snow after 11pm. Low around -1. Wind chill values as low as -20. Blustery, with a north northwest wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tuesday: A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 3. Wind chill values as low as -20. East northeast wind around 10 mph.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -23. North northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 12.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -5.

Thursday: Mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 20.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 5.

Friday: Sunny and breezy, with a high near 31.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 16.

Saturday: Mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 34.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 8.

Sunday: Mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 30.

... where the hell is Punxsutawney Phil? I swear I'm gonna wring the little f****r's neck if it doesn't warm up soon.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.