Why do boys want good-looking girls?

Page 14 of 15 [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 2:58 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:

Aha. But how do you explain, this?
(24,000 BC – 22,000 BC)

I will propose a refutation of this evidence later on

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2008, 3:10 pm

Chris wrote:
I do not understand why people buy Windows computers when Macintosh computers look nicer and are much more user-friendly.

You might be to young to remember the 90's but they were dominated by Microsoft. Living in Seattle, I grew up on PC's. I have said it once and I will say it again Microsoft is more professional an specifically targets the business demographic not the college kids or the trendy scene. Bill Gates newest design is created to help restaurants for goodness sake.

PCs automatically back files up so in the case of freezing up or loss of power you will have all data saved. For an additional 3-400 dollars MAC will provide you with a time portal.

PCs are constantly updating thus I can get a fully loaded computer for 1k as opposed to a basic system for 1.5k.

Steve Jobs is an as*hole. Never met him but have grown up watching his interviews, reading about his business ethic, and enjoying PC's superiority. Truth is PC's are for the elite. Those who know, use Linix and a PC. If it was not for the I-Pod franchise MAC would not be here today.

In their defense MAC has far easier and just as efficient media designed software and dominates the market as far as user compatibility goes. Also you get what you pay for and they are by no means a bad company.

Chris wrote:
i do not understand why people drink coffee in the morning when all you get is a bitter aftertaste.
Easy, it gets you high. Caffeine is a wonderful drug. It amps you up and forces you to move. You receive a nice euphoric effect. Bitter after effects are nothing compared to a nice caffeine fix.

Chris wrote:
Why are men so concerned about having girls who are hot?
And finally little buddy here is your answer.

Social expectations + Biology = Why we do what we do.

Biologically:

Larger breasts = fertility

Hour Glass Figure = fertility

Socially: Obesity is out and fit n thin is in.

I am sure she is a fantastic girl. I have many Fat friends. But they are my friends and I would never date them. They are unattractive.

I work out 3-4 days a week. Why? To stay healthy, live longer, enjoy all of the amazing benefits.

To me fat "chicks" are disgusting. I find it very unhealthy. I am not saying bigger girls are "ugly" at all. In fact Scarlotte Johanson, Marylin Monroe, and Betty Page are all fantastically beautiful women.

What I am saying is watching as "fat people" in general eat another McDonalds burger or guzzle down their Circle K "Big Gulp" (containing three serving min) or anything else along those lines I become very, very, very disgusted.

It is one thing if my 5' 8" 130-145lbs ass eats a burger. I earned that right. But when that 200+ lbs woman decides to sacrfice health over glutony I say good riddence.

Diabetes isn't a disease its population control. Too much sugar is NOT HEALTHY.

Sorry didn't mean to go on a tangent.

Long story short:

When you are young it is all about IMAGE.

When you get older it becomes more about choosing who you associate with.

If you are happy chasing chubbies then have at it. As all my friends like to say "fat chicks need loving too"

-Zane

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2008, 3:13 pm

twoshots wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

(24,000 BC – 22,000 BC)

In those times (24,000 BC – 22,000 BC) only the ritch and wealthy could afford to sit on their asses and eat. Thus fat people were a sign on wealth and superiority.

They did not have Mc Ducks and Taco Hell. Just whatever was left after the farmers market.

Today fat people = lazy.

End of story. Its true. Working out gives you less stress, a faster metabolism, and an understanding of how truly horrible obesity is.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 3:20 pm

1) In those times, it was a hunter gatherer uber primitive society. It may be stretching it a bit, but speculations that they were rather egalitarian by the standards of any society we could compare them to which might involve a "wealthy" class exists. Then there's the fact that life was nomadic, there was no wheel, no domestic animals (save dogs maybe), and it's hard to picture anyone sitting on their ass.

2) Begging the question. The actual variation in human perceptions of beauty based on cultural conditioning is precisely what is in question here.

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2008, 3:25 pm

twoshots wrote:
1) In those times, it was a hunter gatherer uber primitive society. It may be stretching it a bit, but speculations that they were rather egalitarian by the standards of any society we could compare them to which might involve a "wealthy" class exists. Then there's the fact that life was nomadic, there was no wheel, no domestic animals (save dogs maybe), and it's hard to picture anyone sitting on their ass.

2) Begging the question. The actual variation in human perceptions of beauty based on cultural conditioning is precisely what is in question here.
Nope. Since the dawn of man kind there has always been a top dog. And of course I can't prove it because I don't own a time machine. But any logical human being can see past and realize we (humanity) are not as complicated as we seem to think. (stupid inferiority issues)

PS: Who do you think Noah was?

Last edited by Zane on 06 Jun 2008, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 3:30 pm

twoshots wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

(24,000 BC – 22,000 BC)

I don't think anybody living today can truly explain it. Never mind the body, what's happening to the head???

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 3:35 pm

Zane wrote:
Nope. Since the dawn of man kind there has always been a top dog.

Who cares about 1 dog when there are 5 billion or so in total? You know where most of our ideas of 'top dog' come from? The 'alleged' top dog, most of the time. They control the weapons so we have to agree with their nonsense through to today where the control the media so anti-top dog ideas can't even exist. Top dog is an emporer with no clothes.

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2008, 3:43 pm

ManErg wrote:
Zane wrote:
Nope. Since the dawn of man kind there has always been a top dog.

Who cares about 1 dog when there are 5 billion or so in total? You know where most of our ideas of 'top dog' come from? The 'alleged' top dog, most of the time. They control the weapons so we have to agree with their nonsense through to today where the control the media so anti-top dog ideas can't even exist. Top dog is an emporer with no clothes.
Yeah right on. I believe this also. I am a firm believer in individuality and promoting the idea of a new race "Humanity" as opposed to separating us all into categories and I believe people need to keep most of their "opinions" to themselves and instead nurture their spirits.

But I ask you this, if you were able to acumulate the means to provide an end. If you ManErg found the way to show us all the light and guide us into "elightenment". In short if you brought world peace to humanity. Wouldn't that make you top dog? Above everyone else and against all odds want it or not you would become top dog. There would be statues celebrating you and people would never forget your name...

Top dog has a bad rep. Lately our top dogs have been war mongers and greedy rich people.

All that aside, I still stick to my guns. Ancient times are not reliable enough to take for fact.

What we should do is allow individualism. I do not find fat women attractive. That does not mean I go out of my way to let them know this. It just means I believe in health over gluttony.

I have that right just like you all have the right to chubby chase.

-Zane

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 4:14 pm

twoshots wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

(24,000 BC – 22,000 BC)

I remember well the history teacher explained about it at school, It symbolize fertility ,motherhood and nutrition (women's breeding functions) , breast and tummy are extra sized for that reason. She's not a goddess of beauty.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 4:19 pm

Quote:
Diabetes isn't a disease its population control. Too much sugar is NOT HEALTHY

Diabetes I is caused mainly by genes.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 4:24 pm

I have a question to all guys and girls who don't believe that beauty detection is biologically-based:

When you got wet dreams or you have wet thoughts? Do you see unattractive/fat girls/skinny/shorty guys in your wet thoughts/dreams? Or you see some sexy individual?

merr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 4:49 pm

Zane wrote:
Diabetes isn't a disease its population control.
Cold-blooded. Hey, I'm not attracted to chubby men either but how could you say that? That's sick.

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 4:57 pm

Hmmm.... oddly enough my reasoning behind asking the girl I went to prom with had almost nothing to do with her physical appearance. It was more along the lines of her being as shy and socially inhibited as I am.... something that would have caused serious problems had it not been for her more talkative best friend.

I may still have the base biological attraction towards your stereotypically attractive girls. However then my logical side kicks in and reminds me that she probably won't understand a word of what I say, and certainly won't have any interest in my philosophical nature (unlike my prom date but that's not the point), two things any long term relationship requires. And in my opinion any relationship that can't last isn't worth having.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 5:03 pm

Hmm Why do girls want good looking boys?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 5:04 pm

^^ good genes ....same reason.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 5:32 pm

Zane wrote:
Chris wrote:
I do not understand why people buy Windows computers when Macintosh computers look nicer and are much more user-friendly.

You might be to young to remember the 90's but they were dominated by Microsoft. Living in Seattle, I grew up on PC's. I have said it once and I will say it again Microsoft is more professional an specifically targets the business demographic not the college kids or the trendy scene. Bill Gates newest design is created to help restaurants for goodness sake.

PCs automatically back files up so in the case of freezing up or loss of power you will have all data saved. For an additional 3-400 dollars MAC will provide you with a time portal.

PCs are constantly updating thus I can get a fully loaded computer for 1k as opposed to a basic system for 1.5k.

Steve Jobs is an as*hole. Never met him but have grown up watching his interviews, reading about his business ethic, and enjoying PC's superiority. Truth is PC's are for the elite. Those who know, use Linix and a PC. If it was not for the I-Pod franchise MAC would not be here today.

In their defense MAC has far easier and just as efficient media designed software and dominates the market as far as user compatibility goes. Also you get what you pay for and they are by no means a bad company.

Just so you know guys, mac's are pc's. Unless apple is building servers marketed as media centers or the definition of "personal computer" has changed...

Quote:
I work out 3-4 days a week. Why? To stay healthy, live longer, enjoy all of the amazing benefits.

What I am saying is watching as "fat people" in general eat another McDonalds burger or guzzle down their Circle K "Big Gulp" (containing three serving min) or anything else along those lines I become very, very, very disgusted.

It is one thing if my 5' 8" 130-145lbs ass eats a burger. I earned that right. But when that 200+ lbs woman decides to sacrfice health over glutony I say good riddence.

Diabetes isn't a disease its population control. Too much sugar is NOT HEALTHY.

Explain to me then, why I, a man who goes for walking/running for about 2.5 miles a day 6 days a week (far more exercise than anyone else in my family) and has a rather healthy diet for a college student (greatly reduced sugar intake, eliminated chocolate altogether, increased amount of fruits/vegetables and all that jazz), is the fattest guy in the family... Would you denounce me as unhealthy too? Granted, I'm a guy, so there's physiological differences, but the message is the same: Not all fatasses are lazy, sit around bums... Many of them are, but not all...

Quote:
Sorry didn't mean to go on a tangent.

Don't worry about it... I for one am the master of trigonometry, if you catch my meaning...

Quote:
Long story short:

When you are young it is all about IMAGE.

If image is all one cares about, then that person is shallow...