Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 9:08 pm

This is not about people bullying you. This about people IGNORING you. I don't get bullied in school but I get ignored by peers for the most part. There is a few students who may say "hi" to me. Mostly outgoing, mature students and kids I knew in elementary/middle school. Teachers and other adults don't ignore me if they know me. Just peers.

Do you tend to get ignored at school, college, work, etc.?

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Feb 2011, 11:31 pm

That's what usually seems to happen to me. People who would've teased me in elementary school now just ignore me in any social situation.

Then again, some people in a certain social circle of mine make it a point to talk to me at parties, but I don't really notice that they really want to talk to me each time.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 11:51 pm

no. people do not ignore me in real life (especially when i wear my b9 robot suit).

i think people who are often ignored should try wearing a stocking over their head. i am sure that no one would ignore someone dressed that way.

anyway, to be serious, i sometimes think people pay too much attention to me (in real life). that is one reason i often like to be alone.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 1:22 am

Ignorance is bliss! Either that or it's the level shift, where ignoring you takes the place of actively bullying you. The intent is the same, but it just takes a more subtle and socially accepted form.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 1:33 am

ocdgirl123 wrote:
This is not about people bullying you. This about people IGNORING you. I don't get bullied in school but I get ignored by peers for the most part. There is a few students who may say "hi" to me. Mostly outgoing, mature students and kids I knew in elementary/middle school. Teachers and other adults don't ignore me if they know me. Just peers.

Do you tend to get ignored at school, college, work, etc.?

I was quite ignored a a child in the sense that if I were standing or sitting somewhere, I was never asked to join in anything. If I did ask to join in something, the other children would generally allow me to however I hadn't the least idea how to socialize with them and if there was any verbal interaction between me and the other children in these situations, it would usually be one of the boys yelling at me for doing something wrong, or the girls bossing me around. They weren't intending to be mean though.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

15 Feb 2011, 7:08 pm

Do people ignore you? yes, all the time. :pig:

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 8:18 pm

b9 wrote:
no. people do not ignore me in real life (especially when i wear my b9 robot suit).

:lol:

Yes, I'm pretty easily ignored. I used to be ignored more when I was younger, though. I think being confident/comfortable with oneself attracts attention, even if you're silently confident.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 9:37 pm

Mmm, I'm less ignored these days. If people are ignoring me, it's usually a good thing. My good friends don't ignore me, and I am grateful for them.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 10:13 pm

i get ignored too often for my liking, except insults, then suddenly everybody notices me. :/

DeusMechanicus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2011, 12:45 pm

Fudo wrote:
i get ignored too often for my liking, except insults, then suddenly everybody notices me. :/

Agreed. People speak over me or 'pretend not to hear' unless they want something from me (for example, information).

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 12:50 pm

I don't give people the choice to ignore me. :lol:

Sam2001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Feb 2011, 1:23 pm

I don't think that people even know i exist.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 11:46 pm

Yeah, there's people who are always friendly toward me, and those who for whatever reason rudely blow me off.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 12:33 am

I get ignored by quite a few of the typical people. I don't let it get to me, because I know that I can do better than them.

poppyfields
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2011, 12:44 am

I get ignored so much even I start to question whether I'm really there.

Nicholas1000x
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2011, 1:25 am

when i went to college some people said hi but not the majority

if people just dont say hi then they dont say hi

so dont say hi to them first anymore and they will just fade away and you dont have to worry about it

:) be nice to strangers and the people you know are nice then you will never be ignored :)