Who here lives completely off their parents?

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PeredeMocha
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2005, 7:02 am

Well for some reason, my sister went beserk and started and screaming and yelling at me for being fat and not doing anythig with my life. I countered that her life was pathetic becauseshe was 34 and didn't ever have one marriage prospect beause she was very ugly,despite being skinny. I also told her she should gpo back on medication and the psychologist she used to go to. She completely denied she ever went to one or was ever on medication. I told her I remember here giving me some of her zoloft at one time. SHe completely lied and told me she was making the whole thing up and she never want to a therapist.

She also told me how pathetic it was my onlyfriend was a cat.

Now this is my sister. I've tried to explain to her my personality disorders. how the hell would other people respond to my situation.She is using me as a punching bag for her miserable failed life. I sometimes get yelled at by customer service reps on the phone, or people at counters at stores.

Well I am 35, I dropped out of a top school 14 years ago wih only one requirement to go, and have been living off my parents ever since. Not one day of work.

In summer school in high school, I only ate one meal a day because I was etrememly embarassed to eat alone in the cafeteria. Tis went on for three months. In college, I couldn't go to the commual bathrom until everyone was asleep or most peole were gone. I never socialized. Went so far that I would urinate into a plastic jug and empty it out early the next morning.

SO with the extreme social anxiety and AS I exhibit, isn't it logical I live off of my parents or kill myself. There is no way I could enter into normal society, in addition to normal society not being very freindly towards minorities who are normal to begin with. I hae tistense, angry face, full of anxiety and depression. Can't make small talk. Well Iramble. I have to drive back home from my folks. 7 hour drive. My sister won't be coming along. She'll have to take a plane. I'm always being blamed for womeon'e bad day or lousy life or bad grades. Ih high shool freshman year, this [racial slur edited out by moderator] constatnly bullied me because he got a C in geometrey and I got an A plus.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2005, 7:21 am

Whilst I understand that you are angry at the way you were treated at school racial slurs will not be tolerated on site. Please refrain in future.

Also please can you check your personal messages- the link is at the top of the screen.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2005, 6:57 pm

I don't completley live off my parents.. I am 19 and still live at home because I am comfortable and happy here.

I have a part time job, and kinda feel pressured to move out because my parents say it will be good for me.

I mean, I want to move out and have more freedom, but for soe reason I don't want to as well. :cry:

hilarythebaker
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jan 2005, 10:23 pm

Yes, my father does support me (he was legally ordered to do so when my parents split up three years ago), but I would not mind having a job (although I have gotten accustomed to being bored), and I would not mind having extra money as I collect CDs and DVDs as a hobby, which can be very expensive. I only get a certain amount of money a month and after paying the rent for my apartment and paying bills, not to mention groceries, there is not a lot left at the end of the month. Also if I get a job, I'll be able to actually save money, too, so I might be able to afford stuff like going on holiday.

car_crash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jan 2005, 11:57 pm

i dont live completely off my parents as i qualify for social security.

ideally i'd like to live with some friends but if i moved out at the moment i'd be completely alone. so i think i'll stay put

JennieRichee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jan 2005, 11:54 pm

I live with my mum, but I pay rent, cook, shop and do my share of the housework. I think that we'd both get pretty lonely if I moved out.

nina
Raven
Raven

17 Sep 2005, 10:24 pm

:?

Last edited by nina on 21 Sep 2005, 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

SmallFruitSong
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2005, 4:26 am

Until about two months ago, yes, I completely lived off my parents. Thankfully they didn't mind, mainly because I'm a "student" ;)

Anyways, I don't think "living off" is a good term to use. It's more like, you need extra support and there's no shame in asking for help.

I've been very fortunate in that I managed to find a job where I can work from home. The pay is crap, but at least I have my own spending money [and something to add to my sparse resumé].

Kiss me to the core."

Think you're ASD? Get thee to a professional!

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 4:33 am

I have the position my father was live partly off me. Since I am HFA I qualify for the disability pension and fork over a large slice of it to household expenses.

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 6:29 am

PeredeMocha wrote:
She also told me how pathetic it was my onlyfriend was a cat.

:o That's not pathetic! That's cool!

SquanderedPotential
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Sep 2005, 7:59 am

my mom mainly supports me, i do some work from home, which gives me enough money to by my own groceries and stuff, most of the time anyway, mom pays my bills mostly and she gives me money if i run out. i don't live at home but i live in the same building as my mom and her bf.

right now i'm desperate to get a "real" job, ie something that pays enough so i can support myself and be independent. but all the jobs i look for all require having initiative, and so i get depressed and don't even try out for the job because i figure it'll just be too hard for me to do. all the jobs, even the most simple ones - simple to normies - would be really hard for me, i think. i never know what to do, i don't have "initiative", i always need to know exactly what i'm supposed to be doing, and i guess you're supposed to know what to do all by yourself. i never do. i'm completely clueless. gah.

in my mind

"If you fit the mold of a chipmunk, you probably aren't a kangaroo." - DeepThought

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 10:44 am

nina wrote:
I live completely off of my husband. But he gets a free fulltime nanny, cook, housekeeper, personal shopper, and snuggle buddy. :wink:

Same goes for here only I feel like more of a domestic slave. :roll: :lol: But I'd rather be able to stay at home and raise the boys well than have them constantly in the care of someone else.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 11:43 am

I planned to move out this month, but then I made a reservation for a 2-week vacation in December. Since I'd end up leaving my apartment empty for 2 weeks (which is not safe), I decided to postpone the move, go on that vacation, then move out.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 11:56 am

I loot and pillage, then sail off into the sunset, matey!

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2005, 10:31 am

For all you Australians living at home, I'm just curious. Do your parents get a carers allowance for looking after you? My father does. Though, its only some $92 a fortnight for him, it helps.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2005, 2:43 pm

I'm a student so right now Im living completely off of student loans (fun fun fun) and spending money I get from parents (which is about enough to get fast food once a week and catch a game/movie every now and then.) Im thinking about moving back home and transfering though but I dont know.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D