Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Moog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,663
Location: Untied Kingdom

19 Feb 2011, 9:31 pm

http://signsonthequad.blogspot.com/

This guy makes signs and then stands next to them and then blogs about it. Pretty interesting, I thought.

Can you think of any amusing or thought provoking signs? Why not write them here. Or better yet, make some.


_________________
Not currently a moderator


Natty_Boh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2010
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 756
Location: Baltimore County

19 Feb 2011, 9:46 pm

Recent homemade signs on telephone poles in my town:

"Smiling is not cost-effective."
"To create profit you must create problems."
"Statistically speaking, the person you are with is either a terrorist or has an STD."
"This could have been the best day of your life."
"GET BACK TO WORK."
"Trust no one...[...]...we know what's best for you."
"Is this all there is for you?"

It's one guy with a printer, and no explanation given. Been going on for a couple of months now.


_________________
For men are homesick in their homes,
And strangers under the sun,
And they lay their heads in a foreign land
Whenever the day is done."


Moog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,663
Location: Untied Kingdom

19 Feb 2011, 9:58 pm

Natty_Boh wrote:
Recent homemade signs on telephone poles in my town:

"Smiling is not cost-effective."
"To create profit you must create problems."
"Statistically speaking, the person you are with is either a terrorist or has an STD."
"This could have been the best day of your life."
"GET BACK TO WORK."
"Trust no one...[...]...we know what's best for you."
"Is this all there is for you?"

It's one guy with a printer, and no explanation given. Been going on for a couple of months now.


Yeah, they seem like the work of one guy. They are all pretty negative. :lol:

I guess he's trying to make a point.


_________________
Not currently a moderator


Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,200
Location: Newcastle, England.

19 Feb 2011, 10:13 pm

Heh, I think I may have found my new hobby :lol:


_________________
Bloodheart

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.


Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2010
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,168
Location: Somewhere between juvenile and senile.

19 Feb 2011, 10:50 pm

Someone once told me to never trust anyone until you know you can. He was one of those people who would get filthy rich and then somehow lose all his money. And he did that many times during his life until one day he died neither rich or poor.


_________________
Whatever you think you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, magic and power in it. ~Goethe

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.


Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,702
Location: somewhere in the vicinity of betelgeuse

19 Feb 2011, 11:29 pm

Moog wrote:
Can you think of any amusing or thought provoking signs? Why not write them here. Or better yet, make some.



"I was bored so i made a sign"

"This is a sign"

"Here's your sign"

"This is my hobby"

"This is a statement, can you guess what it is?"


_________________
Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
- Bruce Lee


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 62,349
Location: the island of defective toy santas

20 Feb 2011, 1:23 am

i saw a picture of a sign in princeton, BC, which read "winding highway - use caution when pissing" - yes, you read that right.



Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Oct 2009
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,446
Location: A hidden forest

20 Feb 2011, 4:22 am

I like that idea. I like the money one--money is a concept most people really don't understand.

My suggestions:
-"Could you be doing something more worthwhile?"
-"Be where you are."
-"Did you forget something?"


_________________
"A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do not love it."


Moog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,663
Location: Untied Kingdom

20 Feb 2011, 6:46 am

Titangeek wrote:
"This is a statement, can you guess what it is?"


I like that one.

Kaybee wrote:
"Could you be doing something more worthwhile?"


I should have that one flash up on my computer monitor every 20 minutes or so. :lol:


_________________
Not currently a moderator


Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Apr 2009
Age: 59
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,190

20 Feb 2011, 7:52 am

"Money is a loaded subject"
"Just another lone wolf"



Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Oct 2009
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,446
Location: A hidden forest

20 Feb 2011, 8:30 am

Moog wrote:
Kaybee wrote:
"Could you be doing something more worthwhile?"

I should have that one flash up on my computer monitor every 20 minutes or so. :lol:

:lol: Likewise.


_________________
"A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do not love it."


FTM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 16 May 2009
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 236
Location: Portsmouth, England.

20 Feb 2011, 9:18 am

One seen in Egypt recently, Mubarak go now (my arms are aching).



Natty_Boh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2010
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 756
Location: Baltimore County

20 Feb 2011, 10:20 am

Kaybee wrote:
Moog wrote:
Kaybee wrote:
"Could you be doing something more worthwhile?"

I should have that one flash up on my computer monitor every 20 minutes or so. :lol:

:lol: Likewise.


I like. But make it a declarative. :lol:


_________________
For men are homesick in their homes,
And strangers under the sun,
And they lay their heads in a foreign land
Whenever the day is done."


leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,453
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

20 Feb 2011, 10:27 am

Natty_Boh wrote:
Kaybee wrote:
Moog wrote:
Kaybee wrote:
"Could you be doing something more worthwhile?"

I should have that one flash up on my computer monitor every 20 minutes or so. :lol:

:lol: Likewise.


I like. But make it a declarative. :lol:


Image


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================


emlion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,641

20 Feb 2011, 10:33 am

Image