Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Digsy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Mar 2011, 11:54 pm

I broke my routine this morning and stepped outside, I had to cover my eyes, the sun was so bright.
Not getting about I'm not used to the light, it makes my eyes water and hampers my sight.
So I aims for the shed out of the glare, into the little corner I sat in the chair.
I know there is lots of work to do, need to empty the shed so my scooter can fit through.
But I have no motivation, and I don't know where to start, to many darn objects here in the dark.
I filled up a box and stepped out of the shade, the garden was alight with a furious blaze.
I couldn't see for toffee with all the white concrete and haze, water streams from my eyes and down my face.
Dropped the box in a corner and jumped back in the shady space.
Slammed my head on the opening, I managed find some comfort in this place I've made.
Rubbing my head to subdue this persistent sting, I strained to hear the blasted telephone ring.
So I emerged from the shed and aimed for the house, tripped on the step and onto my spouse.
Who had already grabbed the phone much to my surprise, I wasn't expecting her home for quite some time.
She looks out of the window and complains about the mess, my eyesight recovered and even I wasn't impressed.
The wind had blown junk all over the garden, my wife was so angry her jawline hardened.
I pleaded my innocence blamed the wind and the glare but alas there was no escaping that long hard timeless stare.

wornways
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2011, 12:58 am

I have a life-long sensitivity to light, too.