Post any random memories that come into your head.

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 12:09 pm

Today I remembered that as a child, I read about how people in western societies with processed food diets had wisdom teeth that grow in improperly. I didn't want that to happen to me, because I hated going to the dentist. I also read that it was because of a lack of whole grains in the diet, so I went in the kitchen and started eating raw white rice. I was a bit thick.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 12:38 pm

i remember buying my first wushu/kung fu movie, it was at a boot fair of sorts, full-time vendors i think, but spread over a large open space like a boot fair, and i had a bright green drink that looked cool but made my tummy feel funny. was "Spiritual kung fu" with Jackie chan. but can't remember how old i was.
good film, funny & lots of cool moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FofEl1kP ... re=related

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 7:35 am

I remember the intense joy that I felt every time the original version of You Really Got Me came on the radio at the age of 12. That gave me more joy than any Beatles song would ever give me, but nobody knew.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 7:47 am

That's the best that I can do. The rest of them are scary and graphic.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 7:55 am

I remember the time a seal turned up at our marina, hundreds of miles from where he should have been living. I watched him from a distance as animal control tried to catch him to bring him home, but he escaped into the water.

eudaimonia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2011, 7:22 pm

I remember being in the back seat of my mom's car as we slid on ice, spun around in the road a few times, and crashed into a fence. She looked back at me to see if I was okay, and I asked her if we could do it again.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 8:30 pm

I remember the first time that I was obsessed with London at the age of 9. That was after I went into Vancouver to see Scrooge on stage. I liked everything about what Modern London was in 1983 and 1984.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 11:32 pm

I recall the time I almost slammed the Sheriff's car from behind while sliding on ice in my Maxima. I jammed the brakes down; put the trans. in reverse while holding the brakes ; mashed the throttle down and let off the brakes, and quickly went from 35 to 0. :o :lol:

As a caveat: Don't try this if you have antilock brakes. :lol: Trans= trash if you do.

The_Postmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Mar 2011, 12:17 am

Right now, I'm remembering earth science last year, when my lab partner asked me if the earth's crust was like pizza crust. Probably a joke, but with this particular person, I can't be sure.

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 12:52 am

I remember when my sister had her learner's permit and was driving in some nasty icy/snowy weather. The car started sliding into the other lane into oncoming traffic so she over corrected slamming us into a guardrail. Immediately after this occured I exclaimed "Wee that was fun!" My sister started crying.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 1:07 am

I remember that almost exactly one year ago was the day I first saw Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I was so excited to go see it that I dressed up as the Red Queen and paced around the house while listening to my then-favorite songs on repeat. Those songs were "Ligger Med Varandra" by DJ Auzern and "Beautiful Day" by DJ Melodie. My mom took time out of her busy schedule to take me to the movie. After it was over, she asked if I enjoyed it. I said "I didn't like it - I Loved It!"

I became completely obsessed with Alice in Wonderland for the rest of the year. My mom got me the Alice in Wonderland cardboard display case from her job and I used it to display my growing collection of DVDs. I started calling myself The Mad Hatter on WrongPlanet and using only Mad Hatter avatars. For my 20th birthday, I had a cake shaped and decorated like a blue caterpillar and I drank tea while watching the Tea Party scene in the movie. All of the gifts I bought with my money were Alice in Wonderland related and I had them on display in my room.

2010 was easily one of the best years of my life. Is it too early to feel nostalgic over it? Because I do. :cry:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 5:24 am

I remember back in 1996 at the age of 21, reading that Mick Avory left The Kinks in the summer of 1984. It felt as though my worse enemy ripped my heart right out of my chest. That was roughly around the same time that the Davies brothers went their separate ways, when I read that. It was the June of 96. Nothing lasts forever, but finding out that Mick left the group the summer that was one of my better ones because the summer of 84 was when I had my first taste of the Olympics seems a little surreal. That summer wasn't so great after the Olympics were over though. Two memories in one.

FunnyFairytale
Toucan
Toucan

05 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

Climbing out the window with a friend in the middle of the night, to go out of town....on a school night :-/

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 12:58 pm

FunnyFairytale wrote:
Climbing out the window with a friend in the middle of the night, to go out of town....on a school night :-/

i like climbing out of windows.
one time i decided to climb down the fire escape instead of using the door. >.<

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 1:37 pm

I remember my brother turning orange from drinking to much V8 Splash

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 1:38 pm