Should Attorney General Eric Holder Resign?

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 7:19 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
That wouldn't exactly be a bad thing, as long as the military hardware is made in the United States, also McCain would have known what areas to cut spending in the military to offset costs.

No he wouldn't have. McCain wasn't ever some military or managerial genius. He graduated in the bottom 1% of his class, and he wouldn't even have done that if not for family connections.

That explains how he managed to get flight status again after people told him there was no way he could after he got home from Vietnam.

Yeah, I guess family connections would explain that

He got it back through grueling physical therapy that was extremely painful so he could sit in a cockpit and fly a fighter aircraft again. Family connections explain that my foot.

I wasn't aware you were making that inference, perhaps you should have said that in the beginning. I admire John McCain's war service greatly.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 7:21 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
That wouldn't exactly be a bad thing, as long as the military hardware is made in the United States, also McCain would have known what areas to cut spending in the military to offset costs.

No he wouldn't have. McCain wasn't ever some military or managerial genius. He graduated in the bottom 1% of his class, and he wouldn't even have done that if not for family connections.

That explains how he managed to get flight status again after people told him there was no way he could after he got home from Vietnam.

He got it back through grueling physical therapy that was extremely painful so he could sit in a cockpit and fly a fighter aircraft again. Family connections explain that my foot.

I wasn't aware you were making that inference, perhaps you should have said that in the beginning. I admire John McCain's war service greatly.

Sorry thought you were siding with Orwell my bad.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 7:24 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Sorry thought you were siding with Orwell my bad.

I read he still can't even lift his arms above a certain height due to the torture he underwent in the Hanoi Hilton. That he was able to fly again is remarkable.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 7:26 pm

Yeah it is remarkable however he was assigned a desk job, because of his injuries (despite having active flying status). That's how he ended up with experience when it came to procurement.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 7:33 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I don't see how that's relevant to my claims at all.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:42 am

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

That's cause you're choosing not to see it as relevant even though it is relevant. You pull this stunt a lot.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 12:50 am

Well, clearly John McCain was a real fighter, and hats off to him for what he did. But what Orwell said is relevant, McCain was nothing special. You don't need to be something special to be a fighter like he was/is

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 1:01 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

That's cause you're choosing not to see it as relevant even though it is relevant. You pull this stunt a lot.

No... this is your stunt of changing topics or bringing up unrelated information whenever someone questions your "facts." I am not the only one to have noticed this tendency.

I stated that McCain was not a military or managerial genius, and that his academic record was abysmal. You countered with an anecdote of his determination in regaining flight status after his experiences being tortured by the Viet Cong... the latter does not address the former at all, it's completely tangential. Working hard to get through difficult physical therapy may be commendable on its own, but it does not speak to one's abilities as a military strategist, a financial manager, or a leader in general. My reference to family connections was in regards to him graduating from the Naval Academy- he would quite likely have been kicked out if not for who his father was. The anecdote of his recovery after being in a POW camp is irrelevant, as that occurred years later than what I am referring to.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 1:28 am

@ Orwell

Things change, a lot of fighter pilots tend to have discipline problems. Furthermore, you ever act stupid when you were a young adult? A lot of neurotypicals do, and to be honest, things could have happened that made McCain decide to work at things since his days in college.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 1:44 am

Inuyasha wrote:
@ Orwell

Things change, a lot of fighter pilots tend to have discipline problems. Furthermore, you ever act stupid when you were a young adult? A lot of neurotypicals do, and to be honest, things could have happened that made McCain decide to work at things since his days in college.

Pilots have discipline almost on par with the marines, discipline problems are not common nor are they tolerated. Discipline would also be unrelated(or at least not directly related) to his intelligence.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 1:49 am

ikorack wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
@ Orwell

Pilots have discipline almost on par with the marines, discipline problems are not common nor are they tolerated. Discipline would also be unrelated(or at least not directly related) to his intelligence.

They have that discipline when in the air, when on the ground they tend to not act very serious.

McCain underwent treatment for his injuries, including months of grueling physical therapy,[58] and attended the National War College at Fort McNair in Washington, D.C. during 1973–1974.[59] Having been rehabilitated, by late 1974, McCain had his flight status reinstated, and in 1976 he became commanding officer of a training squadron stationed in Florida.[57][60] He improved the unit's flight readiness and safety records,[61] and won the squadron its first-ever Meritorious Unit Commendation.[60]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S._McCain

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 2:13 am

*snip*

Last edited by ikorack on 09 Mar 2011, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 2:14 am

Prove that such behavior is tolerated. and then point out what behavior you are referring to.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 2:14 am

Quote:
They have that discipline when in the air, when on the ground they tend to not act very serious.

I don't know about that. From where do you make this assertion?
I have many military aviators in my ancestry from either side of the world wars, and they were real hard asses, discipline to the core, RCAF and Luftwaffe. They were also hard drinkers, but if anything it just made them even more bad-ass and larger then life