Any parents who would support my design ?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 1:34 am

HUGNATION wrote:
Hi kids ! !! !!

Kids don't read this board and, if they did, as a parent I would not want you talking directly to them. Sorry, just not appropriate on the internet.

tskin1
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2011, 8:16 am

DW i got the impression it he was showing us his add

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2011, 8:54 am

Sorry for me trying to help and share my ideas with you guys , no its not an ad ! !! !! !! My idea HUG.NATION was intended to build self esteem. Now I'm reali pissed , like I said rejection rejection and once more rejection. And fyi. I was only trying to let the kids have a say in what they like sorry for giving them a voice , but its fine I have learnt in life that you get people who dampen the human spirit and crush dreams 8O :roll:

tskin1
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2011, 9:43 am

personally if my kids were here i'd let my william read it and see what he thought then post his reply. I dont think you did anything wrong. We all know it's an adult board and i think most of us monitor what our kids do online anyway...and I think your idea is a good one for kids or adults who need the extra "hug" I sure could have used a hug while i went through my divorce. ad was the wrong word maybe but you know how people put somthing in exciting way to get the attention of the audiance that is what i precieved that particular post as. I thought it was cute.

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2011, 9:58 am

Thanx hun , having HFA I sometimes communicate badly across , I just wanted too know from kids what would make them happy , I think kids hold their own keys to success and us having the condition that means we need to work together not apart from each other we are all on the wrong planet here and we are called HUG.NATION. Hugs in my world are worth its gold so in retrospect of what I just said here's a HUG for you tskin O thanx for your support :D

tskin1
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2011, 10:42 am

you know what i find most interesting is that i truely dont think you communicate badly at all. I think it's us as a human race we get so used to things a certain way it's hard to see it from another perspective somtimes. as much as you somtimes feel you come across i think it's safe to say we that are not ASD feel the same way. At least I wish it was easier to be so direct with things I say, instead i tend to add all the emotion and "extra" that really isn't needed :)

thank you for the hug one right back at you!

as for kids and what they want, truely i think each kid is a little different. I know for my son he didn't want to be held or hugged untill the last few years. I had read the book "nobody nowhere" and the author had suggested that for some autistics a hug was painful so i asked him he said yes that it hurt so i asked him why he hugged me if it hurt him he said because i know you like them :) anyway in the last few years he started somthing called brushing that really has decreased the sensory overload to a point where he now likes them.

I would think however that kids that have the opposite sensory need then him would absolutely love to have it because maybe when they felt the need and their mom was cooking or somthing they could go get themselves the squeeze and feel happier (much like what it did for temple) having it more compact like you talk about would obviously be easier for parents to fit into their homes and the kids rooms also it sounds like it would be more eye appealing. the interactive robot stuff you were talking about sounded very intriguing (sorry i spell horribly) today is the technology age and kids love all that stuff my kids have numerous robot pet things that interact why not a hug and you are absolutely right that not all parents are really great with affection and some are just plain neglectful and a child or an adult being able to feel that comfort a hug gives would be a really great thing!

I could see the value of somthing like this also in the schools where kids are often really overloaded and dont have their mom to hug them or their toys to sooth them.

anyway dont give up or feel rejected on account of anyones comments or opinions there are millions of people in the world and just because a few arn't interested doesn't mean the next few wont love it!! ! Everyone has an opinion somtimes it's just different from our own :)

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2011, 11:20 am

I agree every child is not the same , I look at myself when I was young .... HUGGING would have helped so much for me , though nobody knew I had HFA , now that I know, I use every bit of energy and the God given abillity to be creative to make this world a better place. And bring the message across that we are a collective of people in our own right a nation that can contribute to society. I was blessed with a very unusaully IQ and intend to use it in my one man campaign to bring love into this world. The doctor that tested my IQ said my intelligence are coupled to my emotions that's why I concluded ... That if a child is brought up happily and they have HFA or just normal autism then they would be the brains of our future and would change the world in such a profound way it would be awe inspiring to be noted in the history books for that matter.

Just imagine a nursery ... Brightly colored lots of mind challenging toys , a teacher that is so entusiastic about her work all the little kids love her and right in the corner is a HAPPY STATION in the form of a brightly colored butterly with wings that act like arms and hug the child, brightly colored lights that visually stim him and it talks to the child , huuging is achieved when the child thinks it with his or her mind by putting on a device that reads the childs brainwaves therefor completely controllable :D

Every kid with autism or HFA is special in their own way therefore they will be first to be able to join my club HUG.NATION :)

Thank you for your insight and advice tskin it is highly appreciated and I'm happy to share in my dream with you wish I could have been there and given you a hug every time you needed it and especially all the children :)

tskin1
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2011, 11:31 am

when you mention that and how hugs would have helped I imediately thought of the two neighbor kids here... they are not ASD as far as i can tell but they definately are neglected i bet they would have loved to have a hugger. Used to break my heart when i'd tell them they had to go home and they'd cry.. i mean what child doesn't want to go home VERY sad.

I can imagine the nursery i remember all the stuff in williams room i had painted cartoon characters on the walls he had one of those sound, visual things that sang motzart i think with the stars reflected off the ceiling he just loved that thing later when his sister came along we added a swing that also had that same type of stars/noise combo fun fun stuff.

the butterfly idea sounds cool!! in fact in some schools would fit into their themes , i know in 1st grade here they have a whole month where they teach the kids about butterflies watch them change set them free very cool stuff

Yep every child HFA or not is so special each with their own set of great qualities

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2011, 11:51 am

I look at things intricately and lose myself in it , I observe people then I take it all into account what I have seen and lay out the simplicity of life. My conclusions are we are all human and individuals in our own rights. With everything that's happening in the world negligence becomes more and more undeniable we need to step up and take care of our future. I meant to tell you every child needs love and my heart is elated for those that do get it . I was fortunate enough in the least to be allowed to go to the Boys Town here in South Africa for 4 years till I finished secondary school.

Are you also on the AS spectrum tskin ? You sound like a very endearing person with a big heart with so much love to give , makes me wish I was one of your kids :)

tskin1
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2011, 1:20 pm

that's awful sweet of you to say. No i'm not on the spectrum. I'm a pisces perhaps this accounts for the big heart. In the years since my son was born tho I often wished I was so that I might have a clue what he was thinking or feeling, maybe then it would be easier to reach him.

It's so very easy raising my daughter but he is quite difficult and it makes me sad often that i'll never really know the Why to alot of what he does. it's very frustrating for instance to have him beat the crap out of me (isolated incidents) and not know why when he clearly does love me, or why he continues to eat his clothes when they can't possibly taste good lol.

As strange as it might also seem given whatever shortfalls I may have I wonder if he'll ever realize just how much I gave up just to be his mom and how lonely and isolating a feeling it is to completely loose your identity simply to be someones parent (i know this is not the case with some) but given his agression and living in a place with no family support there are no day cares that would take him, any babysitters i've found have long since said no way and so a degree earned sits unused and the worth of a person diminished. My point here is that I dont know that he'll ever realize the great extent of how much I love him and that's very sad to me.

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2011, 2:19 pm

WoW I take my hat of for you in the deepest respect anybody could give a person , he sounds a lot like me and I wish I could say the same for my mother she did a very bad job raising me and half of it was I was raised by my other family they were too a degree worse , I spent my life as a child in a cupboard crying my eyes out wide eyed confused trying too shut out the world in this time I built defenses where I could literally just shut my brain off if something bad happened, I have found I relate to children very kwikly cause I understand them. I keep on questoning myself if I should ever have been born itsd hard these deppresive episodes but to a extent I know I can fight it make myself happy. This is the fIrst time I could speak so freely to a person and relate in a way. Today I went to the super market and unconsciously found myself putting my hand in to my pocket and stimming it felt good then I asked myself why do I have to do this to feel normal? For you to devote yourself so entirely to your kids brings tears to my eyes in a amazed way, I can't for the life of it to feel such love therefore inhibiting my potential you son is very lucky to have you and even though he doesn't understand the full extent now of what you sacrificed for him and all the love you give him , he will when he gets older. I have never met another person with HFA and think it should be a honor for me. I love kids but I will never have my own :( I also ate my clothing when I was young and wore home made superhero capes

Please just promise you won't ever forsake children and don't deny them anything :D. Capture enough happy moments on photos and videos for when they grow up :) you must also be in the picture a lot if your son eats his clothing again ask him if he wants ice cream for dessert ;) :)

The time here by me now is 21:15 don't think I'm gonna sleep again tonight btw I'm very active at night I developed a sleeping disorder recently. What's the time over ther by you ? And where do you stay ? And does your kids live with you :) ?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 4:17 pm

HUGNATION wrote:
Sorry for me trying to help and share my ideas with you guys , no its not an ad ! !! !! !! My idea HUG.NATION was intended to build self esteem. Now I'm reali pissed , like I said rejection rejection and once more rejection. And fyi. I was only trying to let the kids have a say in what they like sorry for giving them a voice , but its fine I have learnt in life that you get people who dampen the human spirit and crush dreams 8O :roll:

My apologies for not being more tactful and tailoring my response more to your needs. I think it is wonderful that you have parents on here that want to work with you on your idea, but I think that contact with children must be through the parents or with the knowledge/permission of parents for the simple fact that while I believe that you have sincere intentions, we can never know for sure, and the internet is full of people with bad intentions when it comes to kids. It isn't personal to you at all; it is what I would say about any and all solicitations that might inspire a child to move into a less public discussion with an adult.

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2011, 5:02 pm

I get what you are saying , but I think I should now scrAp all my ideas , so please ask one off your fellow moderators to tAke off my posts I Asked kids who can speak for themselves and no I'm not a weirdo I'm just trying to kick start a campaign with good intention ... Gosh I'm all the way here in South africa surrounded by bush ( not litteraly bush ) but yea , don't worry I also don't trust people - is it not public enough for you ? I mean I posted and only asked kids since you said that I'm not talking to the right target audience so I went and talked to the right audience which I assumed was the kids since you didn't wanna give me any positive feedback. My sincerest apologies to you too for you not understanding me. You know I hate people who don't believe , dream and better the lives of other people sorry but I'm getting the notion that you don't like me at all. Yes I am a stranger in you eyes but if you had HFA like me you would also know people like us want to belong to something since we don't communicate properly to the world. I don't think you speak for everybody attacking me the way you did. I'm exercising my right as a human with freedom of speech. If we as a. Collective of people of the same callibre do not exchange ideas dreams and wisdom and knowledge we will never get nowhere. Do I now have to sent consent letters to the parents to talk to their kids on a forum that is designed to share ideas and concepts for the betterment and enrichment of our lives? , us the ones living with this condition ?
Anyways like I sAid remove my posts if it will make you feel better, you know I just ignored you for a while there now you are realy getting into my head and I don't like it at all :( I am not a criminal , yes I do live in south africa but that doesn't make me one. For once in my life I felt so in tune to know who I was and that there are people just like me who I can talk too and I felt my sad moods lifting and here you come along and bring with bad critism crushing my foothold on something good for once in my life I feel like swearing now but I won't I'm too good hearted and polite for that :'(

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 6:16 pm

HUGNATION wrote:
I get what you are saying , but I think I should now scrAp all my ideas , so please ask one off your fellow moderators to tAke off my posts I Asked kids who can speak for themselves and no I'm not a weirdo I'm just trying to kick start a campaign with good intention ... Gosh I'm all the way here in South africa surrounded by bush ( not litteraly bush ) but yea , don't worry I also don't trust people - is it not public enough for you ? I mean I posted and only asked kids since you said that I'm not talking to the right target audience so I went and talked to the right audience which I assumed was the kids since you didn't wanna give me any positive feedback. My sincerest apologies to you too for you not understanding me. You know I hate people who don't believe , dream and better the lives of other people sorry but I'm getting the notion that you don't like me at all. Yes I am a stranger in you eyes but if you had HFA like me you would also know people like us want to belong to something since we don't communicate properly to the world. I don't think you speak for everybody attacking me the way you did. I'm exercising my right as a human with freedom of speech. If we as a. Collective of people of the same callibre do not exchange ideas dreams and wisdom and knowledge we will never get nowhere. Do I now have to sent consent letters to the parents to talk to their kids on a forum that is designed to share ideas and concepts for the betterment and enrichment of our lives? , us the ones living with this condition ?
Anyways like I sAid remove my posts if it will make you feel better, you know I just ignored you for a while there now you are realy getting into my head and I don't like it at all :( I am not a criminal , yes I do live in south africa but that doesn't make me one. For once in my life I felt so in tune to know who I was and that there are people just like me who I can talk too and I felt my sad moods lifting and here you come along and bring with bad critism crushing my foothold on something good for once in my life I feel like swearing now but I won't I'm too good hearted and polite for that :'(

You confuse me, yes, but that does not mean I want you to remove your posts. You are having productive discussions with people who think your idea is wonderful, and I think you should continue to do so. I was just trying to be pragmatic; nothing personal to you at all; there are certain guidelines that Wrong Planet has followed for ALL discussions of this nature.

I am not actually a moderator anymore, but I guess the mindset never totally wears off ;)

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2011, 6:48 pm

Ok dokey no offence taken , though I must warn you I was never a person that does guidelines I am very free spirited and try to do things out of the box guess I didn't read you clearly lol mis- communication. I even tried to upload a pic of myself so that you cud see I'm realy sweet and cute guy with so much compassion for the human soul :) I think you are right should have asked the parents fIrst. To be honest with you I won't be on here anymore gonna pray tonight God blesses me with a job and try and make sense of my life. I'm pretty much a child myself believe me or not I guess I never grew up. Good luck with your life and raising your kids. Before I go I would like too impart some wisdom too you .... You see the world like It was on a reality show , we see the universe and stars that explode in a bright colorful display of light and our minds racing and our brain synapses are firing at breathtaking speed. ;)