Any parents who would support my design ?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2011, 9:26 am

Hi I hope you are all well and thriving in life ,

My name is Wesley Theron Male I'm 26 years of age and had a very difficult childhood life due to the fact that I'm only diagnosed with AS this year , I have designed a cost effective hugging machine which I intend to market to people living with higher functioning autism (Aspergus Syndrome) and suffer with hyper sensitivity like me. I stay on my own and I am rejected by my family and their inability to understand my condition therefore I crave hugging but I am unable too be social adept to get that kind of affection from anyone for that matter. I first learned of the hugging machine concept in the movie whereby Temple Grandin designed it, bless her soul. I have taking her concept of her hugging machine and revolutionized the design for easy manufacturing ,mind you it looks completely different and more compact and has a cylindrical shape and can also be wall mounted in a living room or child's room. It works on a very intricate but yet so simple design , if you hug then the cylinder hugs you back mimicking the hug affect as it would be found in human nature. I am very excited about the concept and feel that my design could prove invaluable to the autism society and we ourselves diagnosed with AS. Too demonstrate the potential of us human beings with this condition I will tell you proudly it took me half an hour too think of the design and materials and the mimicking effect of real life hugging, I decided to call it the Happy Station :) . I ask everyone who has AS or have children with autism and AS to contact me if you want to know more concerning my design and the benefits of it. Human affection ceased too exist in my world along time ago I find it very hard too trust people but I ask you sincerely to put your trust and faith into me so that I can make the first of many of these machines. This is not a replacement of a parents hug or human for any matter but due to our conditions of being very under developed socially I believe that this concept of hugging is gonna be our ticket to perform as exceptional human beings and make us independent and contribute to society in every aspect of life so awe inspiringly :D help me too help you ;)
Looking so much forward too get to know each one of you with the same condition as me
:)
Herewith my details
Contact details
W Theron
South Africa
Mobile nr. +27793115129 ?
Junior Aspergernauts
Hugging machine / t.a Happy Station In retrospect of my above post I would like to add that this design of mine is very compact and can be brightly color coded for children in their rooms, a adult version will also be made available at a later stage. My whole idea and concept of the design resides in my own special thinking and I am yet too draw the proper sketches too illustrate how it works and I'm waiting patiently for your guys response too my vision. When I came up with the idea of design it was purely due too flashbacks of my own childhood life where I didn't receive the stimulation which was more important too me in contrast Hugging but not wanting too hug my family members. My dream is for every child who needs stimming in the form of hugging to have their own Happy station. My motto in life now is that hugging brings joy , euphoria , a sense of belonging and makes you reach the pinnacle of your dreams , so don't stop hugging :)

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2011, 10:40 am

Nobody ? I just need your views , positive feedback to make this work parents :(

Bombaloo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 1:34 pm

HUGNATION wrote:
Nobody ? I just need your views , positive feedback to make this work parents :(

No offense intended but perhaps parents aren't really your target audience for this idea. We generally have or are built in Hug machines already! :)

old_fool
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Mar 2011, 2:22 pm

I've seen the movie about Temple Grandin. Wonderful movie - about an even more wondrous person.

I had a very tough childhood myself, because (I guess) my father just couldn't accept me the way I was. I was lucky, however, because I got the love I needed from my mother. I cannot imagine how I would feel if I were completely starved of love and affection. Perhaps a hugging machine would help, but I cannot say for sure. In the state I find myself now, I don't feel I need one, so I am sorry I cannot help you with any comment :( As I was watching the movie, I realized that such a contraption wouldn't do it for me. I like hugging, but only if I feel the hug is genuine.

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2011, 3:09 pm

Thanx a lot for the replies, I would just like to outline for you the reasons why I wanna do this , it is my intention for a child not to go through what I went through in life ,it so utterly wrong in degrees you might not comprehend, just imagine not being understood as a child crying your eyes out sitting in a dark closet ,scared too death anxiety filled and your little brain in a vice like grip when all that was needed is a hug ,though I'm not implying that is the only time you would nEed the machine but rather it too be a space where children that are hyper sensitive too touch and if they have the need to be alone , my design is the pinnacle of what my autistic mind can produce and therefore I think vital to the world and the happiness of kids all over who don't get what they require in life which is self induced love and could be great for their self esteem. The debate however is that it will never replace human touch cause it can't therefore it is only a anxiety reliever and soother and I intend it to be fun for kids too have their own little space. I learned a lot of things in my life but what I cherish most is a child's dreams and potential as a human being. Please don't judge me but I also believe parents don't make a lot of time for their children these days and this design can fill that lonely space. There is also a vision behind it all and that's too make it like a worldwide campaign ' I coined it as HUG.NATION hence my nickname, My design is free for any child who needs it and I will make sure they get it. Thank you to all the parents who took the efforts involved too nurture their children and understanding them, I take my hat off for you in respect. I just need you all to know I understand human nature very proficiently and especially children and how they think, and effects of what is applied in their lives. So wish me luck as I go head on and try too change this cruel world we live in ;) and God bless you :D

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 3:21 pm

Bombaloo wrote:
HUGNATION wrote:

No offense intended but perhaps parents aren't really your target audience for this idea. We generally have or are built in Hug machines already! :)

True, I hope that my kids can get all the hugs they need. I really don't think a machine would do it for my son. Shoot, there was a point in time when *I* couldn't do it for him; he was profoundly upset that kids his age didn't want to engage in hugging at the same level he did. He's always wanted his hugs from rather specific targets, because there is an emotional connection involved for him.

But, not all AS kids are the same. Some are mostly looking for the sensory pressure, and then I suppose a device could do the job.

Plus, replies on this board can take days. Expecting meaningful replies after only an hour just was not realistic.

Caitlin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2011, 5:08 pm

Hi Hugnation! I think this is a FANTASTIC idea! I think that it will become especially important as our kids get older, and either start shying away from hugs because they start recognizing that a lot of frequent hugging can be frowned upon by society for older kids/teens, or when they move out and need that sensory input but can't readily get it all the time. As a parent, I have thought of this idea before, and wished someone would make one, because Temple is so emphatic about how much it helped her.

I would caution you about 3 things: first, safety will need to be of paramount importance (and having lots of insurance to cover you should someone be accidentally hurt in your invention); second - is to not invest too much of your own money in it, without being sure you have a good market for it; and third, be sure to patent your design at the outset, before you approach any companies or individuals for advice. Once you've patented it, you might want to consult with some companies who are currently in the business of manufacturing OT and autism products, to see if they want to partner with you.

Good luck!! !!

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2011, 6:20 pm

What insight ! Thanx Caitlin , I can see that you are grasping what I'm trying to express , I only have the kids in mind when I designed it plus I gave it a marketing angle though I believe it should be free for every child , I have putted a lot of thought into it and want to revolutionize how the children react towards it with a positive attitude building their self esteem, when I used to design things it was purely for my own gain cause I always thought I was alone in this world but being diagnosed changed my life so much in a positive way cause hearing what everybody goes through day _2 day made my heart cry cause we are all so wonderfully indvidually crafted by God ,coupled by the abillity that he has given us to percieve life in a different way it is our duty to become all that we are and so much more and therefore I use it to drive my ambition to give back to my community :D Thank you once again for your advice, insight and support hopefully soon you can view my design drawings as I would like feedback and input from your side ;)chat soon

missykrissy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2011, 1:51 am

interesting idea. i just thought while i was reading this, that it might be neat to make it into a character of some sort like a panda bear or something.

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2011, 2:15 am

Hey you got it ! That was the idea to make it like that :) color coding and graphics is the way to go for the kids plus its not too bulky like the ones you make at home and can accommodate children of all sizes and ages , it will have adjustments to accommodate that :D

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Mar 2011, 1:30 pm

It sounds like you have a dream with this machine. Draw it up and get it patented. Good luck.

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2011, 1:46 pm

Hi kids ! !! !!

THIS YOUR CHANCE TO BE PART OF YOUR OWN THERAPY AND I NEED YOUR INPUT AND IDEAS DOESNT MATTER HOW CRAZY THE IDEAS MIGHT BE ,I NEED GRAPHICS , TOPICS AND THEMES FOR THESE KIND OF TOYS AS THEY WILL BE HIGH TECH TOYS TO STIMULATE EITHER YOUR MIND OR BODIES.

THE FIRST PROJECT THAT IS OPEN FOR IDEAS IS A PORTABLE HUGGING MACHINE FOR KIDS WITH AUTISM AND HIGHER FUNCTIONING AUTISM AND HYPERSENSITIVITY.

I NEED COOL IDEAS THAT I CAN INCORPORATE INTO MY BASE DESIGN i.e ALIENS ,ANIMALS ,INSECTS , IN SHORT ANYTHING THAT YOU THINK MIGHT BE COOL. HERE ARE A FEW POINTERS

CAN PLAY MUSIC YOU LIKE
HUGGING IS CONTROLED THROUGH A DEVICE THAT YOU PUT ON YOUR HEAD READS YOUR BRAINWAVE AND SEND THE SIGNAL FOR THE T0Y TO HUG YOU
ROBOTIC INTERFACE THAT INTERACTS WITH YOU .IF YOU NEGLECT THE TOY THEN IT WILL BLINK AND ASK YOU TO HUG IT
INRTER CHANGEABLE PARTS TO CUSTOMIZE THE HUGGING TOY AND ACCESORIES

There are two base models one is compact and the other one is home based
SO PLEASE BOYS AND GIRLS ,HELP ME TOO HELP YOU ! !! !
YOU CAN EVEN TALK TO YOUR PARENTS ABOUT THIS , I NEED THEIR INPUT TOO SO FEEL FREE TO SHOW THEM MY POST

JOIN MY CLUB MOVEMENT ITS CALLED HUG.NATION and let's make this world a better place

THANX BOYS and GIRLS

YOURS SINCERLY
W. THERON
(I HAVE HFA TOO JUST LIKE YOU

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 5:54 pm

Do you make them for adults, too. I could really use a hug, once in a while. :O)

HUGNATION
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Mar 2011, 11:43 pm

THERE WILL BE ONE FOR ADULTS TOO, :wink:

tskin1
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2011, 12:35 am

sounds fantastic i can see it not only being used as a 'hug' but as part of a sensory diet you know like the hot dog bit with the blanket or those heavy pressure blankets :)

Good luck to you!!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 1:34 am

HUGNATION wrote:
Hi kids ! !! !!

Kids don't read this board and, if they did, as a parent I would not want you talking directly to them. Sorry, just not appropriate on the internet.