Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

prudencelynn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Mar 2011, 10:05 am

Hello all,

I am mother to a beautiful 2 1/2 little girl on the spectrum. I have not had an official diagnosis, but She has been seen by several Dr.s who put her in the PDD- NOS catagory. My life has quickly gone from proud, joyful new mother to a devistated, Isolated and terrified shell of a person. After living with this new reality for a year now, I have leveled off emotionally for the most part. I've read all the books, talked to all the dr.s and therapists and now i really need to make contact with some people who understand this issue from the inside out. I'm very excited to find this forum and look forward to meeting anyone willing to reach out and touch our lives.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 10:42 am

Welcome to WP.

Sorry to hear you are struggling, I wish you all the strength you need!

There is a Parents segment on this site where people can surely help you with your problems.

prudencelynn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Mar 2011, 10:53 am

I will check that out.

I think my biggest struggle at this point is, for one the fear that i'm making the wrong choices for her and two the therapies being shoved down my throat lack, in my opinion any respect for the individual. My instinct tell me that it is not wise to put an individual at risk for withdrawl from other people in a position where they are brow beaten into compliance. I want to get to know some people who have lived this from the inside out, not as a helpless spectator. I need to be able to understand her perspective of the world.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 1:14 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet.

There's a Parenting forum here where you can talk to other parents. I also think that if you don't want to do any of the two therapies, you don't have to nd I also feel that your wife needs to talk to a counselor about her grieving. I wish the best for you family and that your daughter will eventually get all the love and acceptance that she needs.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Mar 2011, 8:44 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Try the Parent's sub-forum: http://www.wrongplanet.net/forum19.html