Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

mamamoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Mar 2011, 2:56 am

Our 14 -year old Aspie recently started to talk to himself at aloud, usualy in the evening when we all go to slleep. It is usualy some stressful situation from school, arguing with some boy from the class.I suppose that´s also a normal thing with Aspies but I feel so sad listening to him like that. I tried to talk to him but sometimes he wants, sometimes he is even angry that I suggest conversation, in these moments I have a feeling he´d rather fight with me than talk.He doesn´t have any friends, school has become a nightmare, we are seriously discussing homeschooling next year because his results are realy very high in some subjects but only if he is aproached individualy.
Any similar experiences anyone?

:D to all, mamamoo

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 3:27 am

I still talk and sometimes shout as I'm going to sleep even I am not sure what about, stress makes this worse.
When I was 14 I was at a special school with 50 pupils and it was Still very stressful in a school environment with the more normal several hundreds of pupils is unimaginable to me and any way out of such a situation should be considered.

Tracker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 7:56 am

It sounds like he is just trying to process his day and doesn't want to be disturbed. As far as I was aware it was normal even for normal people. Don't you also talk to yourself?

twinplets
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2011, 11:22 am

When I am worked up about something. Annoyed at my husband, the kids are driving me crazy, bad conversation with my MIL, etc. I tend to replay conversations in my mind or basically vent and rant in my head. I don't say any of it aloud, but apparently, if I am not paying enough attention, my mouth will move to what I am saying in my head. My husband finds it hilarious and my kids have now noticed I do it to. I have lied and told my son I was just singing, but he has called me on it and knows I was talking in my head. It sounds like he is working it out in his head.