Job application for Produce, need some help

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

dimadimadima
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Mar 2011, 7:33 pm

Bascially price chopper is hiring right now, and they need grocery, and produce,
Ive read some stuff, and produce seems pretty chills so im going to go with that, i have my application form, but the lady i asked said i could also attach a resume...

Wtf a resume for a goddam grocery shop? As stupid as that sounds, if it gets me the job ill make one, but i still need some advice as to what i need to BS about...

Molecular_Biologist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2011, 7:51 pm

How old are you? Is this your first job?

For my first job at 16, I just filled out my name and address in the application.

No resume, references or experience listed.

I got the job, though it was minimal wage.

A grocery store asking for a resume is ridiculous unless you are applying for management.

I had a bunch of jobs during high school and college and never had to submit a resume until I graduated and got my first "real job."

dimadimadima
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Mar 2011, 7:54 pm

No this is my second job, im 17, and i worked at a golf course, but was really far.

This is pretty much my first job at a grocery store. But second in total.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 8:15 pm

Look, these kind of jobs, even the manager's aren't that engaged in them (the average managers). Sometimes you luck out and get a manager who's reality-oriented, constructive, reasonable, and you can really learn some things from him or her.

The upshot, for me, don't invest that much into the job, or I'll inevitably be disappointed. So, yes, play the game, get there on time, five to eight minutes early if you can, be a steady eddie, just don't expect that much.

Mention the golf course jobs, mention extracurriculars on the application if in your judgment they show you in a favorable light. Skip the resume. That's my advice.

And good luck! :D