Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

emuman100
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 11:48 pm

I absolutely *LOVE* food, and *LOVE* to eat a tasty, delicious meal. I also eat very large portions. I'm almost never satisfied with a normal portion of food. When I eat I feel very content, especially if it's something I really enjoyed. Ever since I started puberty, my appetite exploded, and would always eat slightly larger portions of food. Most of my diet is meat, a little dairy, and a little fruits and veggies. I don't eat much bread except on a sandwich, and being italian, I love pasta, specifically angel hair. I enjoy sushi, especially if made with tuna, and really enjoy raw tuna.

Enjoying meat as much as I do, a friend of mine when to a place near me to pick up some italian roasted chicken. It was some of the best roasted chicken I've ever had. Here is a picture of three chicken halves for all of you to enjoy:
I'm absolutely crazy about food. I don't know if I'm just obsessing over it, or if it's because I'm an Aspie, but I just love food. I don't eat large amounts of crappy, cheap, poor quality food, but food such as this delicious roasted chicken, I cannot seem to get enough.

I remember with my most recent ex girlfriend, we just recently just started going out. She sent me to the store to get some ready to bake cookies, and while I was there, I was talking on the phone with her. She was telling me where to go because I've never been there before, and she took me past the flowers section. After I got the cookies, I decided to get a roasted chicken, I figured we both could snack on it when I got home. It turns out she was so upset at me for not getting her flowers and getting the roasted chicken instead. I guess I'm not the romantic type after all. :)

Do you guys love food as much as I do? Do you eat larger portions? Is it just a male or Aspie thing?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 1:30 am

I love to eat now because I have to or else I will keep losing weight. But I do not eat large portions because I get full quickly. But I think I have been eating more lately. My husband and I got food we don't usually get and I have drank pop and had chicken and I still didn't gain weight. Only a couple but I Fluctuate.

Breast feeding is what increased my appetite and made me drop down to 120. I was fine at 131 but I dropped.

But as a child I enjoyed eating because I wasn't worried about weight then nor about getting fat.

I don't think it's really an aspie thing or a male thing because I have known people who loved to eat because of their metabolism. I loved eating for the same reason too when I had it. Now it's like I have it again thanks to breastfeeding.

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2011, 1:52 am

I'm your exact opposite, i have a very small appetite and i rarely eat meat. Maybe it's a male thing, since men have more muscles you probably need to eat more and especially meat, for the protein.
This thread makes me hungry. I'm gonna go have some breakfast :)

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

30 Mar 2011, 4:53 am

I'm the same way, although, as a vegan, that picture genuinely made me gag. xS

But I'm constantly obsessing over food, mostly because I haven't been able to really eat like a normal person since I was an adolescent because I'm so fat (disproportionately in my rear and hips and thighs, but still). I have vivid fantasies about eating big fat burritos, and pizza, and pasta, etc.

When I would go out with my boyfriends and they'd coax me to eat something besides salad (which I'd get because of the calorie count- there's way more tasty foods vegans eat, normally) I'd have to eat double what they did to begin to feel full, and then I'd feel...indescribably disgusting, and it'd be months and months before I'd allow myself even a "normal" light meal.

If your gf wanted flowers, she should have said so! I don't get stuff like that. :?

PS: Tons of plant foods have protein, btw. Meat isn't magical. Nor does being male make meat-loving inherent- the majority of my exes were vegetarian, if not vegan (the latter describing my lat ex, a fantastic cook, also Aspie).

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 5:44 am

I don't understand flowers.........

Why would someone want something that was grown in a sterilized environment, then killed and dead to display in their house to watch it decompose???

I would prefer the chicken (only if it was free range organic or i may have a complex) because at least it has died and its death has been meaningful. Maybe i should decorate with raw dead whole chooks from battery farms!! !! :?

So I'm never in a rush

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

30 Mar 2011, 6:10 am

Solvejg wrote:
I don't understand flowers.........

Why would someone want something that was grown in a sterilized environment, then killed and dead to display in their house to watch it decompose???

I would prefer the chicken (only if it was free range organic or i may have a complex) because at least it has died and its death has been meaningful. Maybe i should decorate with raw dead whole chooks from battery farms!! !! :?

You should really investigate the realities of "free range" livestock-
they're comparably-horrific as traditional, non-free-range factory farming.

And "organic" has nothing to do with animal welfare at all.

If it was you being killed for another species to "snack on", I doubt you'd consider that very meaningful-
I'd say they're about equal in their "meaningfulness", in that they're both no more necessary than any other whimsy,
the defining difference being one involves the horrible treatment and death of a sentient creature.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 7:08 am

That looks delicious! Reminds me of my last roasted chicken, ahh, good times... I can almost smell the hot and spicy steam making it's way into my nostrils and taste the oily beginning of the chicken and the great meaty finish that only chicken meat possesses.

I am not sure why I prefer larger portions than normal. There was a point in time where I was underweight and close to death (I always forgot to eat). So I was told I need to gain 20lbs. I think that is when my hunger began. It's the time where I found a lot of rather tasty foods and discovered that I actually really enjoyed eating! Meat has always been a favorite of mine as well.

I am not sure why I like food so much either. Besides the taste, I think it is the feeling it gives once consumed. It's not the same as say filling yourself up with some collard greens or carrots.. It's totally different. Not to mention that I enjoy cooking myself, and with that comes a sense of reward that I made a delicious meal. Everything about a good meal is great.. The look, the smell, and the taste. It's very pleasing to all senses.

I find myself working out harder than usual some times just so I can fit in an extra meal. I love food and I love eating a lot of in one session! I don't think this is an Aspie or Male thing. There are some NT females who I've known who could be national eating champions if they really wanted too.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 7:27 am

Pondering wrote:
There are some NT females who I've known who could be national eating champions if they really wanted too.

I could definitely down an entire extra-large pizza by my lonesome if I allowed myself to.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 9:03 am

I am obsessed with food, but while I do enjoy eating, I often forget to do so, and I don't really eat large portions. I don't really like cooking either. I just do it because it's the only way I get the good food. :lol:
This thread is making me hungry too. And flowers only make sense if you can eat them. :lol:

emuman100
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 1:56 pm

Kiran wrote:
Maybe it's a male thing, since men have more muscles you probably need to eat more and especially meat, for the protein.

I'd like to think that all the protein is required to keep my gigantic brain operating. :)

Bethie wrote:
If your gf wanted flowers, she should have said so! I don't get stuff like that. :?

She'd hint about flowers occasionally, but never actually said straight out. I kind of thought they were a waste of money, because they don't last long, and you couldn't eat em. She said I was cheap too, but she also thought I had a money tree in my backyard which I could spoil her with. Good thing she wasn't vegan, or else she would have probably stabbed me in the eye with her Carrot of Truth if I brought home a roasted chicken. :)

Pondering wrote:
I am not sure why I like food so much either. Besides the taste, I think it is the feeling it gives once consumed. It's not the same as say filling yourself up with some collard greens or carrots.. It's totally different.

I agree. While I do love fresh fruits and veggies that grow in my garden, I'd love a nice big steak to go with it too. My mouth is watering right now thinking of that steak. My mouth doesn't water when I think about a tomato off the vine, or a nice fresh cucumber, even though I do enjoy them very much. Maybe it's because I trained my brain that way too. I'm the only one I know who obsesses about food, thats why I thought it was an Aspie thing.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 2:12 pm

emuman100 wrote:
I agree. While I do love fresh fruits and veggies that grow in my garden, I'd love a nice big steak to go with it too. My mouth is watering right now thinking of that steak. My mouth doesn't water when I think about a tomato off the vine, or a nice fresh cucumber, even though I do enjoy them very much. Maybe it's because I trained my brain that way too. I'm the only one I know who obsesses about food, thats why I thought it was an Aspie thing.
Man, I still have a box of black angus beef fillets in the freezer. I believe there are about 30 left out of 40, and I got them for an extremely cheap price.. Bout 1 dollar per Fillet straight from the butcher, since his freezer was full already. Just the thought of them makes me want to slap a vegetarian in the face. (JK)

emuman100
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 2:22 pm

Pondering wrote:
Man, I still have a box of black angus beef fillets in the freezer. I believe there are about 30 left out of 40, and I got them for an extremely cheap price.. Bout 1 dollar per Fillet straight from the butcher, since his freezer was full already. Just the thought of them makes me want to slap a vegetarian in the face. (JK)

Hahaha! I know. A few of those on the grill would be an amazing thing!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2011, 2:04 am

emuman100 wrote:

gawd darn, that looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD!
i wish i could still eat, but my body won't let me eat as much as i want.