Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 10:01 am

If someone is living with a mentall illness or disorder and say the person with the disorder lashes out at those around him and makes there life hell. Do you think its unfair too a degree that people around the person have no empathy at all and not taking into account that the person with the condtion may be finding life very hard and that is the reason why they have outbursts and do bad things etc.........

Just need your views on this because i find many people just don't take this factor into account. NT people seem to have this rather cruel attitude when it comes to empathy. I think with NTs and empathy they seem to think that before you get any sympathy from them you have to earn it.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 1:48 pm

It is hard to live with a baby with colic, even if it's not their fault they are in constant pain. It is hard to live with someone who makes your life dangerous, no matter the reason.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 1:53 pm

True i guess that some people feel that the person with the disorder has ruined thier lives so in thier eyes it unforgivalbe no matter what condition they have.