Page 3 of 5 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,758
Location: Great Britain

08 Jan 2013, 1:32 pm

You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKRc4a3zMg


_________________
Straight Female
From East UK (Essex)
Aged 27

On antidepressants (50mg Sertraline) ~ Helps control emotional outbursts.


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 21,867
Location: Pacific Northwest

08 Jan 2013, 2:25 pm

squonk wrote:
babybuggy32 wrote:
does anyone know why some people with autism are like children in adult bodies? i dont quite understand it. i enjoy goofing off and having fun but most of it would be considered age appropriate. yet some people with aspergers (or possibly high functioning autism) function on the level of a toddler playing with baby blocks and stuff (also wearing diapers and being spoon fed) is this a symptom common of aspergers? none of my aspie friends are quite like that. i would assume this is much mor common in low functioning individuals?


I did read somewhere that there is a neurological link apropos incontinence and autism. Back in school many of the profoundly autistic children wore diapers all ages but it should not be a thought that it is common for autistic people to be wearing them as incontinence is totally a separate condition. For example I am HFA diagnosed and incontinent. Every person is in some way different.



Incontinence can be part of autism but if you are incontinent because you were born with a small bladder or under developed bladder, was in a car accident, had a UTI, have cerebral palsy or spina befida, had kids, aging, had a surgery, got nerve damage, then it's not due to your autism and it should totally be separate.


_________________
I have a quilt of labels. I had a language disorder and a speech disorder. Then communication disorder NOS. My other diagnoses have been Language Processing disorder, dyspraxia, SPD, OCD, ADD, Asperger’s, anxiety disorder, adjustment disorder, anorexia nervosa. My mom’s labels of me are: eating disorder, anorexia, social anxiety, PTSD, just being sensitive and having the victim complex when I was a kid. And of course she says I’m normal and says the only thing I had as a child was language. Huh? I must have been a shitty person then and maybe a difficult child I was who had to be labeled because of incompetent school staff and mean kids who didn’t accept differences and because I was trying to be “normal.” :/

My blog: https://mynoneabdlthoughts.wordpress.com/


mellisamouse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 212

08 Jan 2013, 5:16 pm

I am about the level of a 10 year old, and I am SOOOO sick of people expecting me to have the emotions, tastes, and wants and needs of an adult....

I REALLY dont!

I am actually debating cutting all of my hair off so I look more like a boy because I am so sick and tired of being sexualized, and I just want people to be my friends for who I am as a person and to do crafts and things together, and am sick of people wanting to hang out with me because of what I look like...

Girls allways want to hang out with me so they can get guys easier, like they want a wing man, or someone to drink or go to the bar with, and guys wanna hang with me for more sinister reasons....

If I cut all of my hair off and stop wearing make-up, maybe I can find more people who just like arts and crafts and animals, and won't try to force me to be an adult, or watch shows that are too adult for me, or try to get me to in anyway care about their adult like conversations.

Now that I am finally on my own again, I really just want to never be looked at as a woman ever again, just as a person, and for my talents and hobbies, and that is IT.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 98,922
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

08 Jan 2013, 7:38 pm

squonk wrote:
babybuggy32 wrote:
does anyone know why some people with autism are like children in adult bodies? i dont quite understand it. i enjoy goofing off and having fun but most of it would be considered age appropriate. yet some people with aspergers (or possibly high functioning autism) function on the level of a toddler playing with baby blocks and stuff (also wearing diapers and being spoon fed) is this a symptom common of aspergers? none of my aspie friends are quite like that. i would assume this is much mor common in low functioning individuals?


I did read somewhere that there is a neurological link apropos incontinence and autism. Back in school many of the profoundly autistic children wore diapers all ages but it should not be a thought that it is common for autistic people to be wearing them as incontinence is totally a separate condition. For example I am HFA diagnosed and incontinent. Every person is in some way different.


I'd like to thank you for pointing that out, because I'm also incontinent as well. A lot of people see incontinent people as people who can't think or control their actions. I'm also HFA/AS. Autism is a spectrum. Each person on the spectrum has their own cluster of challenges. Anybody on the spectrum can have trouble with anything. There are also a lot if intelligent and successful people who are incontinent as well. I'm not going to go into that, though. The OP started a thread about it in another section of WP once and it really ticked me off.


_________________
Schultz


rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,539
Location: Ontario Canada

08 Jan 2013, 7:42 pm

Mom says i'm like having a 2,22 and 44 year old wraped into one person.



emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,065
Location: In my bed, on my laptop

08 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm

rapidroy wrote:
Mom says i'm like having a 2,22 and 44 year old wraped into one person.


My best friend once said it was like sometimes I am a shining, four year old child, and other times I am this sardonic, ironic 40 year old woman.


_________________
Living with one neurodevelopmental disability which has earned me a few diagnosis'


rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,539
Location: Ontario Canada

08 Jan 2013, 8:28 pm

emimeni wrote:
rapidroy wrote:
Mom says i'm like having a 2,22 and 44 year old wraped into one person.


My best friend once said it was like sometimes I am a shining, four year old child, and other times I am this sardonic, ironic 40 year old woman.


She's likely right, who else watches (good) preschool programing in the early morning and grandpa's political programing at night. I suppose i'm child like at times but a perpetual adult child, no I ain't.



seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,248

08 Jan 2013, 8:51 pm

mellisamouse wrote:
I am about the level of a 10 year old, and I am SOOOO sick of people expecting me to have the emotions, tastes, and wants and needs of an adult....

I REALLY dont!

I am actually debating cutting all of my hair off so I look more like a boy because I am so sick and tired of being sexualized, and I just want people to be my friends for who I am as a person and to do crafts and things together, and am sick of people wanting to hang out with me because of what I look like...

Girls allways want to hang out with me so they can get guys easier, like they want a wing man, or someone to drink or go to the bar with, and guys wanna hang with me for more sinister reasons....

If I cut all of my hair off and stop wearing make-up, maybe I can find more people who just like arts and crafts and animals, and won't try to force me to be an adult, or watch shows that are too adult for me, or try to get me to in anyway care about their adult like conversations.

Now that I am finally on my own again, I really just want to never be looked at as a woman ever again, just as a person, and for my talents and hobbies, and that is IT.


Would you be lying to people though? If yes, would you be able to live with that even if you found it less annoying socially?



seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,248

08 Jan 2013, 9:00 pm

Lately I've been thinking that maybe I'm a few years younger than my physical age. Not in all aspects but I'm 19 and the way my attitudes and values have been changing it seems like I'm going through the rebellious phase most NTs go through around age 16 or 17. Suddenly things appeal to me that never would've appealed to me before and they're not socially acceptable.

I'm not an adult baby but it seems like I'm going through some kind of rebellious phase at a slightly later date than what is normal.



mellisamouse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 212

08 Jan 2013, 9:15 pm

seaturtleisland wrote:

Would you be lying to people though? If yes, would you be able to live with that even if you found it less annoying socially?


What do you mean by lying??? How??? By wanting to look less pretty??



mellisamouse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 212

08 Jan 2013, 9:18 pm

rapidroy wrote:

She's likely right, who else watches (good) preschool programing in the early morning and grandpa's political programing at night. I suppose i'm child like at times but a perpetual adult child, no I ain't.


LMAO!! !! That is me totally..... when 911 happened, I was on treehouse chanel 24/7 and was watching the teletubbies, and I didn't have a child yet at that time, those shows just made me feel happier, cause adult stuff was too heavy for me..... haha



League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 21,867
Location: Pacific Northwest

09 Jan 2013, 2:28 am

I still watch kid shows. I still get excited like a child and I still prefer sweets. My husband says I am like a child just by my attitude and how I act and see the world. How I show my emotions. Plus my anxiety makes me act real childish when it happens. I even look like I am having tantrums when I am not. My husband has described them as a toddler having one. He will say I am like a child under age ten or like a toddler to my teens. Then I am like a grown up. Sometimes I will still buy toys and then I tend to not open them because they were vintage and never been opened. None of this has nothing to do with me being an adult baby but my husband likes to connect it to all that. My ex boyfriend did it as an insult and would put me down for it and acted like I was retarded because of what I liked and my quirks and how I functioned.


_________________
I have a quilt of labels. I had a language disorder and a speech disorder. Then communication disorder NOS. My other diagnoses have been Language Processing disorder, dyspraxia, SPD, OCD, ADD, Asperger’s, anxiety disorder, adjustment disorder, anorexia nervosa. My mom’s labels of me are: eating disorder, anorexia, social anxiety, PTSD, just being sensitive and having the victim complex when I was a kid. And of course she says I’m normal and says the only thing I had as a child was language. Huh? I must have been a shitty person then and maybe a difficult child I was who had to be labeled because of incompetent school staff and mean kids who didn’t accept differences and because I was trying to be “normal.” :/

My blog: https://mynoneabdlthoughts.wordpress.com/


rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,539
Location: Ontario Canada

09 Jan 2013, 8:31 am

last coulpe posts are perfect, I sometimes wonder why I do this and the best I have come up with is i'm using my child like traits to emotionly counter balance my behond my years traits(that can be very depressing), im I crazy? The thing is I never really was all that childish in meny ways when I was the age of one, nor did I ever relate to the other children.



daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2009
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,140
Location: My own little world

09 Jan 2013, 2:22 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I still watch kid shows. I still get excited like a child and I still prefer sweets. My husband says I am like a child just by my attitude and how I act and see the world. How I show my emotions. Plus my anxiety makes me act real childish when it happens. I even look like I am having tantrums when I am not. My husband has described them as a toddler having one. He will say I am like a child under age ten or like a toddler to my teens. Then I am like a grown up. Sometimes I will still buy toys and then I tend to not open them because they were vintage and never been opened. None of this has nothing to do with me being an adult baby but my husband likes to connect it to all that. My ex boyfriend did it as an insult and would put me down for it and acted like I was retarded because of what I liked and my quirks and how I functioned.


Wow you are a lot like me......I also have the childish traits you described ( getting frustrated and upset in a childish way, buying toys (although I open them-I have a collection of dollar store stuffed animals) and watching preschool cartoons. Also I had an ex-husband who used to put me down for these things and call me retarded. I'm glad you found a new and better husband now. :)



rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,539
Location: Ontario Canada

09 Jan 2013, 11:32 pm

Like someone once said, Why stop playing with toys when you become an adult?, now that you actually have the money to buy them! too true.

I love my vintage 1980/90's RC car collection(one of my intrests), not getting rid of my plush animal collection either, don't care what sociaty says its my property and I like it and can become valuble too over time.