Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 8:36 am

Has anyone stayed at a haunted hotel and saw or heard anything?? My parents, grandma and I stayed at a 100 year old resort in New York. Dad and I just heard it. We faintly heard music playing in the background in the early morning hours. WHO would make such music at that early in the morning? It sounded like music from the early 20th century. When we got up to use bathroom the music would stop. The ghosts at this resort aren't bad at all though. People do claim to see ghosts of children. In the 1920s or so it was a girls school.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 11:55 pm

I would love to stay in a haunted hotel. I like making myself purposely scared. :D

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 1:18 am

never been to one, but it does sound fun.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 9:55 am

I would stay at a haunted hotel, because I would either prove it is not haunted after all or I would get to meet a ghost.

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 12:00 pm

I would avoid going to a haunted hotel, can't imagine how I would cope.

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2011, 12:30 pm

I've never knowingly stayed at a haunted hotel, but I live in a haunted former school. Except for one non-frightening experience that may or may not have been ghost-related, I've been left alone. Other residents have had shoes thrown at them, found their closets rearranged, come home to find their pets damaged physically or psychologically, spoken to people who ignored them, then walked through the walls at the end of the corridors, etc. I've heard that the previous residents of my unit were terrified of the hallway outside of the door, but I've never felt anything was amiss. I guess dead people ignore me just like the live ones.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 8:29 am

I have heard about this hotel on various channels.

http://www.hoteldel.com/History.aspx

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 12:23 pm

I'd love to spend a few nights in a haunted hotel. 8)

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 8:05 pm

my friend cameron recently stayed in a hotel near New Orleans, while filming a movie...

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 9:14 pm

Has anyone watched something called "Ghost Adventures" which is based on haunted places, I think they actually stay the night in this haunted house.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 9:18 pm

I've slept in a "haunted " cemetery once. I actually enjoyed it but when I woke up with my friends the tent was soaking wet. Nice night turned into a thunder and lighting storm, but I'd do it again. I do believe in spirits, but I view it all as harmless.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Apr 2011, 9:24 pm

In college I took classes in parapsychology because it not only fulfilled my sociology requirements, but also because I have always found hauntings/ghosts fascinating. There may very well be some scientific explanation for what we call hauntings. But...no matter what the cause, there are things that remain unexplained that occur in certain locales. For the time being, these things are often called hauntings.

My experiences with a haunted hotel:

My family and I have stayed at the Eden Hall bed and breakfast in Xenia, Ohio on two occasions (I am not sure if it is still open for bookings. It is featured in one of the Haunted Ohio series of books). The first time we stayed was in the Yellow Room (my wife and I). In the middle of the night we heard a very distinct loud scream coming from somewhere in the mansion. The next morning the owners who stay in a wing of the house heard nothing. We were the only guests that night. The owners had to leave that morning and my wife and I were the only ones in the mansion. During breakfast we heard loud knocks on the side door just beyond the kitchen---but there was no none there.

On the second time I stayed at Eden Hall I took my son who was helping me with a magic show I was doing near Xenia (I was doing part-time magician work at the time). We stayed the first night in the infamous Blue Room. In the hallway just outside the room is a picture of Eden Hall taken around 1900 during a fire in the house. The picture stays on the wall now. But on that night when I took my son to see the picture---it was gone, and in its place was a picture of a dog. When I went to the bathroom later on that night, the picture was back where it belonged, and the dog picture was gone. My son, who was around 11 at the time, said he saw lights moving around in the room. The following night we stayed in the Red Room. Around 3 in the morning, we heard a procession of people walking down the hallway just outside our room---almost like a party. I stepped out and there was nothing---just a dimly lit hallway.

Well...as for haunted hotels, this is the only one I have had experience with.
Eden Hall, Xenia, Ohio

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 9:45 am

8O Glider18

I totally would like to stay at that Eden hotel. It sounds interesting. I don't see a website though for Eden Hall Mansion Bed and Breakfast. :(

I do watch "Ghost Adventures" every Fri and Sat night on Travel Channel.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 12:10 pm

I've been in haunted places before. I investigated them for a time. It's a lot of fun. Only living people scare me, dead ones are mostly harmless.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 2:03 pm

i'd love to be able to visit the winchester mystery mansion.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Apr 2011, 6:06 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
8O Glider18

I totally would like to stay at that Eden hotel. It sounds interesting. I don't see a website though for Eden Hall Mansion Bed and Breakfast. :(

I do watch "Ghost Adventures" every Fri and Sat night on Travel Channel.

I fear Eden Hall has gone out of business. They only rented out three rooms. They also run a photography business and a tea room out of it. The last I heard they had also bought another bed and breakfast, so they may have lost interest in Eden Hall. Eden Hall has over 9000 square feet of living space on three floors. The main hallway (straight through the center) has two staircases (one near the front part of the hall, and one at the rear of the hall). The blue room was the one to get if you wanted the most chance of hearing or seeing something. The owners' dog would not go in that room---it would whimper if placed near it.