Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 3:32 pm

AngelRho wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
NPR uses federal tax money to try to spoonfeed people DNC talking points. This is technically illegal.

You're illegal.

:roll:

The difference between Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, etc. from NPR is that NPR takes federal tax money. So unlike Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN; NPR is not supposed to take sides in politics (they especially are not supposed to support either political party). NPR routinely is a cheerleader for Democrats, which is in violation of Federal Law.

You misunderstand; when I say you're illegal, I mean like 5150. You have a broken brain.

What are you talking about? 5150 was a great album with a good title track. It's also a great amplifier.

And both derive their name from the California law regarding involuntary psychiatric hold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5150_%28In ... ic_hold%29

And the amp is very awesome.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 3:33 pm

Vigilans wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
NPR uses federal tax money to try to spoonfeed people DNC talking points. This is technically illegal.

You're illegal.

The difference between Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, etc. from NPR is that NPR takes federal tax money. So unlike Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN; NPR is not supposed to take sides in politics (they especially are not supposed to support either political party). NPR routinely is a cheerleader for Democrats, which is in violation of Federal Law.

You misunderstand; when I say you're illegal, I mean like 5150. You have a broken brain.

What are you talking about? 5150 was a great album with a good title track. It's also a great amplifier.

:lol:
Always one more! You're never satisfied!!
God I love VH

Yeah! Van Hagar were awesome, weren't they? I saw them on their last tour, the one before they got that Diamond Dave chick to come back. It's a shame things fell apart at the end of that tour. But then, it wouldn't be VH if they hadn't! lol

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 3:33 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
NPR reports unbiased news that focuses too much on substance and too little on entertainment.

Sarcasm: Yes, wishing a Senator's Grandchildren would catch HIV and die is pure unbiased news.

Wow...way to pull up something from 1995. While you're back there, could you get Bill Clinton's balanced budget?

Also, Jesse Helms is an evil scum and that someone wished him to get AIDS is only reasonable.

Anyways this is not an isolated incident.

A producer for an NPR-affiliated radio station has apologized for saying she would "laugh loudly like a maniac and watch his eyes bug out" if she were to see conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh suffering a heart attack.

In the latest fallout over the exposed e-mails from a now defunct private online forum for liberal journalists, Sarah Spitz, who produces the show Left, Right & Center for KCRW public radio program, said in a statement posted on NPR that she "made poorly considered remarks about Rush Limbaugh to what I believed was a private email discussion group from my personal email account."

"As a publicist, I realize more than anyone that is no excuse for irresponsible behavior. I apologize to anyone I may have offended and I regret these comments greatly; they do not reflect the values by which I conduct my life."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07 ... -limbaugh/

She was only sorry she got caught.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 3:40 pm

skafather84 wrote:

Agreed, 100%. My band reformed with a new lead singer/guitarist who owned a 5150. He sold it. Said it hurt his back to carry it.

I shoulda kicked his bizzalls for that.

But if there is such a thing as divine retribution, I've seen it in action. He showed up for our first gig together with a Mesa rectifier that he'd just bought. Sounded great until it blew up on stage, so he sent his wife home to bring his Peavey "Classic 30" so he could finish the gig.

...and you say there is no God!! !

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 3:41 pm

AngelRho wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

Agreed, 100%. My band reformed with a new lead singer/guitarist who owned a 5150. He sold it. Said it hurt his back to carry it.

But if there is such a thing as divine retribution, I've seen it in action. He showed up for our first gig together with a Mesa rectifier that he'd just bought. Sounded great until it blew up on stage, so he sent his wife home to bring his Peavey "Classic 30" so he could finish the gig.

A god wouldn't let a perfectly good Mesa blow up like that. While I don't like how little diversity the Mesa's have, they also absolutely cannot get a bad tone.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 3:48 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

You're illegal.

Always one more! You're never satisfied!!
God I love VH

Yeah! Van Hagar were awesome, weren't they? I saw them on their last tour, the one before they got that Diamond Dave chick to come back. It's a shame things fell apart at the end of that tour. But then, it wouldn't be VH if they hadn't! lol

That was the 2004 tour right? I also saw them. Great show. lol Van Hagar. Diamond Dave chick! LOL!
I also love the 5150 Amp. I used to have a 5150 and a Peavey Wolfgang but I really needed money so I sold them for a good sum. I deeply regret it to this day... :cry:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 3:49 pm

skafather84 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

A god wouldn't let a perfectly good Mesa blow up like that. While I don't like how little diversity the Mesa's have, they also absolutely cannot get a bad tone.

I've got a vintage Mesa Boogie. Unfortunately the tube sockets are busted otherwise I would probably be rocking that s**t right now. There can be no god for this reason :lol:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 3:50 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
A producer for an NPR-affiliated radio station

Do not even start to go to affiliates. I make sure to avoid anything that targets a Fox News affiliate station.

But then again, I guess you really have to dig....95 for one thing then going all the way down to affiliate stations.

What next, you gonna attack NPR because I like it and incriminate them for my listenership?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 3:54 pm

Vigilans wrote:
That was the 2004 tour right? I also saw them. Great show. lol Van Hagar. Diamond Dave chick! LOL!
I also love the 5150 Amp. I used to have a 5150 and a Peavey Wolfgang but I really needed money so I sold them for a good sum. I deeply regret it to this day... :cry:

Yeah, that was it! Times were good in those days.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 4:19 pm

Vigilans wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

I've got a vintage Mesa Boogie. Unfortunately the tube sockets are busted otherwise I would probably be rocking that sh** right now. There can be no god for this reason :lol:

If there is no god, how do you explain the Peavey 6505 after Eddie cut them loose? Fickle artists will come and go. Great tone will ALWAYS be with you.

And yeah, Mesas are awesome. I don't play guitar that much, but I do use Mainstage with AmpDesigner and Pedalboard for guitar tones. Getting the right tone with a keyboard amp isn't easy, but I do use an emulated biamped setup in which I can use a pedal to adjust the mix between a clean channel and a drive channel. I've got 300 watts of all-clean sound to work with, so unless you have a Marshall 2-cab 4x12 stack you might as well be playing through a 3-inch transistor radio. If I recall correctly, it's called the "Modern American Head" that really nails the Mesa sound.

They get really annoyed with me because of that. Our bass player doubles as our onstage sound man (btw, never a good idea, but there's nothing I can do about it), and he tried to put my keyboard rig through the main PA. My loudest, hardest to control patches are my B3 patches, so he asked me to play full volume. It didn't matter how loud he cranked it, my amp was too loud to even tell anything was coming out the mains. I don't really care if I'm in the PA or not. What annoys me is I can't get a sense of balance within the group, so I really have no idea if I'm too loud or not. Time to invest in in-ears.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 5:54 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

You're illegal.

1) Inuyahsa is right about NPR, as long as they get government funding they should avoid offering any analysis of politics. Broadcasting major speeches and hosting commentary from both majority and minority leaders would be acceptable if all speeches and comments from elected representatives were in their entirety.

2) A 5150 is not automatically a crime. Occasionally someone gets held for evaluation or treatment before a trial, but the vast majority of people held have not committed any crime. You are insinuating that Inuyasha should be committed for political re-education like communist countries do.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 5:57 pm

John_Browning wrote:
2) A 5150 is not automatically a crime. Occasionally someone gets held for evaluation or treatment before a trial, but the vast majority of people held have not committed any crime. You are insinuating that Inuyasha should be committed for political re-education like communist countries do.

I do hope that you realize Skyfather84 is joking.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 5:58 pm

John_Browning wrote:
1) Inuyahsa is right about NPR, as long as they get government funding they should avoid offering any analysis of politics. Broadcasting major speeches and hosting commentary from both majority and minority leaders would be acceptable if all speeches and comments from elected representatives were in their entirety.

So what you're saying is that unless it agrees with your worldview or is boring enough for everyone to ignore, you want it censored.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

I do hope that you realize Skyfather84 is joking.

Somewhere between. I do think Inuyasha has some serious problems but I don't think he'd qualify for 5150 holding and I have no idea where John Browning got the idea that I thought 5150 was a crime. It's for exactly what I described and what the link I provided describes...not just for criminal activity.