Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 9:20 pm

Thank you, Melvis.

I'm doing better now, probably also because my apartment mate seems a lot better today. He was being a bit whiney and leeching off of me this morning and since I was fed up with it I just sort of ignored him or gave him curt answers. I think he got the point. Either that, or he just started to feel better. Either way, he's not being as annoying anymore.

aspaware
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2005, 4:59 pm

Civet,
so sorry to hear of your loss. I can empathise with you because right now I'm going through a grieving situation to do with the loss of my son.

My advice is to let your emotions go when you feel them and if you need to be alone go to a room or go for a walk, whatever you feel like doing. Everyone has their own way of dealing with this kind of event. Y ou shoould do what you feel is best for you not what others think you should do but what you feel you need to do for yourself.

hope this helps.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 7:13 pm

I lost my Nan 18 months ago - She was the only person I ever felt liked and understood me and was on my side as a kid.... It was tough to get over to say the least, and I probably never will fully..... I actually did cry at the funeral - I didn't try fighting it and I think that helped....

I don't know what advice to give other than to say just go with your feelings, and it will get better eventually..... Sorry, I don't do "Agony Aunt" very well - lack of empathy and all that :cry: