Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 11:08 am

luvsterriers wrote:
I am in my 30s and never married and never had children. I was wondering if any of you ladies in your 30s have periods that are not normal. I have generally been every 28 days. It's strange. How many of you have periods that are so perfect each month that they will every 28 days? I did try acupuncture for a bladder condition that I have for several months but I don't think acupuncture causes periods to be irregular. I know that certain depression/anti anxiety medications can make them irregular but I'm not on them. Could stress or overwhelming feelings cause it? I don't care if I never get married or never become a mom. That would be so much worse for me. I read about PCOS but I don't think I have it. I read the symptoms and no one on mom's or dad's family have had that issue. I freak out when 28 days pass. I got my period March 17th so that means April 14th I should have started, right? I don't want to take birth control pills. I rather not take any medications. At the acupuncture the doctor said that he can not only cure my bladder issue but also my acid reflux. I take Nexium for the acid reflux, and I get no side effects from it. That's about the only oral medication I take. I'm not overweight or underweight. I'm 5'4, 128 pounds. I have yet to go to OBGYN. The last time I went to one the doctor gave me info on sex therapy, and I was highly upset over that. I don't want to have sex EVER! It may sound strange but I truly don't want to engage in that behavior. There is a Catholic OBYN near me that I can go to. Its just with this bladder issue having anything go down there would be painful. I can ask for a baby size one, but it doesn't matter. The bladder condition I have is IC (Interstitial Cystitis)

http://www.ichelp.org/Page.aspx?pid=352

My period starts sooner than every 28 days. I am having fibroid and endomeitriosis issues...and am utterly terrified of going to an OB-GYN...I do not have the strength or a support network.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

02 May 2011, 10:36 am

OK, well...I'm 43, never had kids, and my periods are pretty much like clockwork, every 28-29 days. They've been like that since I came off the Pill, which was well over ten years ago now. (Well...I was on it for six years when I was married to my ex...I came off it, then when I got together with the guy I'm married to now, I tried going back on it but I hated how I felt - hard to explain, but I just felt like I wasn't me.) Regular as they are, I still get kind of paranoid for the few days beforehand in case it doesn't turn up (I really do not want kids).

I get the mucus thing about 12-14 days after the start of a period, and I gather it's an ovulation thing. Some women get that more than others (it's really stringy mucus - Spinnbarkeit, they call it in German), and a few get a small pain at ovulation - I don't. I've heard that a small bleed can also happen then, but generally, you want to get any between-period bleeding checked out by a doctor. Don't know if that helps...

Kittendumpling
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 May 2011, 6:24 am

I got the contraceptive implant last year, never had a single period since. I love it, I used to get really freaked out by having periods, it's very liberating to no longer have to put up with them.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 7:59 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
draelynn wrote:
I have clockwork periods too. And I have had a kid.

When women start spending time with other women - like you need to start worknig closely with other women, you see them every day, womens periods tend to synch. My period adjusted by one week when I started working with a new group of women - and then it was right back to its regular 28 day schedule. there are so many other things that can affect it though - stress is a big one.

If it gets to be very whacky and stays that way, i'd definitely get it checked out. The occassional blip is fairly common though. I've actually had a doctor tell me the 28 day thing is myth...

Are you around same age as me? I do work with other women but I don't really communicate with them all that much. Our group consists of 18 of us. Next Thurs we are moving into a new office and all of us will be together again. So once we move back together maybe my periods will be better? The other women in the group are older than me. (36-52 age range) Does having kids make periods regular/irregular?

Age and communication is kind of irrelevent - it's a pheromone/hormonal thing. I beleive the study was actually done by the army before they admitted women into the ranks. I'd have to dig that up if you were really interested in the science of it. As far as I know, if you are still menstruating, you and the other menstruating women will tend to synch. If you've always have regularlity problems, this synching tendancy won't fix it.

Having kids has different effects on different women. I heard everything from it makes them regular to they'll never be regular again and everything in between. Everyone's hormonal system is unique to their physiology. Doctor's can give you the common effects and the range of effects but every person still needs to be looked at individually. My periods started out regular and have remained regular. I do have the added after baby bonus of my breasts swelling along with my usually PMS symptoms. The SO loves it, of course, but it can be painful - 2-3 cup sizes in a week.

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 2:27 am

I've been on the deprovera shot for a good 2 years now. I don't really experience periods, sometimes they come every three months and are light but go for more than a week usually. My period is very irregular. I used to live with my two sisters and wasn't on deprovera, I found we all had our periods around the same time. I haven't had a proper period in a very long time that I've almost forgotten what they are like :S

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 6:05 am

when my periods became irregular i got checked for thyroid and was diagnosed with mild thyroid
then we proper care the periods became regular again

but i have terrible cramps on first day right from childhood
i take pain killers and without them i cant do
the pain is terrible

i also need to rest and start sweating profusely when in pain
so its better for me not to work because of this painful periods
i get into painful stage when at workplace etc

xahidkhan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Apr 2014, 6:37 am

Hello Everyone!

My efforts to get help from anyone authentic source who took me out of trouble regarding my concerns about 'Girlfriend pregnancy'...........
I'm a boy having age 22 whereas my girlfriend is of having age 26. We are in relationship for 3 years & during our relationship we have had anal sex & when we started to do it very initially she hurt-ed too much just because of the pain during sexual intercourse & I discharged my pennies water in her back. We did sex after taking a gape of 1 month at least but all this never adds any misery to cause delay in her PERIODS like this time.

this time we had a anal sexual intercourse like every time but this time her periods got delayed just took a week as contrary to her usual periods cycle of 28 to 29 days. When her periods finally came, she had found a brown spot & found her periods quite abnormal as like DARK & BLACK blood. The periods were come for only two days as compared to the 4 days usually. We both are in severe tension because we can't afford a baby? We have perception at our sides that perhaps she might got pregnant but what I have gone through pregnancy symptoms? i never found any symptom in her body like viomating, morning sickness, breast shape changes etc............We cant afford to to take an appointment with doctor & disclosed & discussed everything with them just because of humiliation as we are not married. we are boy-girl friends.

kindly help me through your valuable guidance. What should I do for her? Should we go for blood test to confirm about her pregnancy? how time it takes to appear symptoms?

PS: She have stomach issues & she traveled a lot in the past now she left job. She took stress very often. I never use condom during intercourse.

Novembers_Moon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2014, 5:38 pm

I'm in my 30s and my cycles have been irregular for years (probably due to my auto-immune disorder). I just go with the flow. :lol: