Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2017, 7:38 am

I have 'thin skin' usually when my mood is low, I would tear up almost in frint of people cos I thought I was seconds away from bullying words. Usually doesn't progress to that but my negative mind usually creates this low self esteem induced sadness. My mood is better now but I still feel 'breakable' and 'fragile'.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 8:01 am

I think I am pretty "thick-skined". One time, some people were picking one me. I didn't really care, but my friend found out what happened to me, and was furious.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 9:11 am

I'm not sure if AS is relevant for this. Probably depends of the said aspie's orientation between actions, thoughts, and emotions if duty and personal agendas are separated.

What I DO know is that NTs from where I live are "thin-skinned" compare to most foreigners.
Heck, some 'mentors', especially when it's business oriented, explicitly encourage others of being "thick-skinned".
Which is kinda ironic, when being "thick-skinned" is a bit discouraged all around.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 9:25 am

When somebody says something to me that reinforces the idea that there may be something different about me, I take it hard. It isn't the actual words that hurt me, but the realization that the new and emerging self never really was or never really will be. I am exactly the same as I always was and all the accomplishments are just window dressing. I still have AS (presently undiagnosed). I will forever be the dummy in the room as far as life experience, which I can't remedy.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2017, 11:14 am

Jayo wrote:
This is one that is difficult to determine, as to whether it's based on genetic make-up, or years of persecution from peers

I may be hypersensitive, but I do attribute a great deal of that to years of persecution and bullying in the real world. Truth be told, I rarely go back and read replies to forum posts because I don't want to deal with the nasty remarks some people make (or at least that I perceive as nasty criticisms). Unfortunately, I realize my own cynical sarcasm probably comes off as hurtful and cruel to others, even when I don't mean it to be.

NeurodivergentRebel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2017, 11:48 am

I used to be more sensitive but the world has made me harder. However if anyone around me is crying I instantly start crying too. I HATE THAT!

Neurodivergent Rebel
http://www.neurodivergentrebel.com

fselzr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2017, 8:07 pm

I was always thin-skinned, except my belly. My hands shows many veins and it's incredible.