Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

harry_j_83
Raven
Raven

Location: not-quite-so-royal london borough of lewisham (aka "da ghetto")

27 Apr 2011, 12:44 pm

Bloodheart wrote:
Smiling and being friendly isn't an indication of someone liking you.

Watch the eye contact - she'll be more likely to give you long looks or suddenly turn away when you notice her looking, if you specifically give her a big natural smile and she returns it, holding eye contact with you, then that's a pretty good indication - but hard to judge for those of us on the spectrum. Touching is also a big one, it's part of flirting, so watch out for reassuring hand on shoulder, touching your arm, handing you things to get contact with your hand, or her standing/sitting near you. There may also be times when a woman complains about something being too heavy for her or needing help with something, that may well be her hoping you'll come to her aid and help, which can be a sign of interest.

She may ask if you're single or what you're doing - this is her seeing if you're single, seeing if there is an event where you're going so she can see you there. I think we lady creatures tend to do a lot more by the way of going out of our way to try to show attraction - given as we're discouraged from being obvious yet get somewhat frustrated waiting for the guys we like to make a move - we may well find a way to be near the guy we like. We find ways of sort of 'accidently' running into him somewhere or making sure we have an excuse to be around the same place as the guy.

Try talking to a girl you think you might like, see if she talks back - do test the water, personally I do this by asking the person if they're going to 'X' event and saying I'll see them there, that way if interested they may go out of their way to find me at that event which is a reasonable indication and opens things up to a friendship at least. If I know them well I'd ask them to go for a drink or party, as a casual friend type situation rather than a date, see what happens from there.

not necessarily about eye contact in all cases: some people light be proud and not want to show obvious signs of interest and so deliberately look away.

all in all, because aspergers means difficulty in deciphering facial expressions, i wouldn't kill myslef to detect these signs of interest. what i would do is open up a conversation and see how much she reciprocates my opinions

harry_j_83
Raven
Raven

Location: not-quite-so-royal london borough of lewisham (aka "da ghetto")

27 Apr 2011, 12:58 pm

to summarize the above ^^^

look for verbal signs of reciprocation rather than facial and gestural

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 12:43 am

Like previous posters before have stated, every person acts differently when they like you. Some may pick on you, some may be super nice to you, and some may even totally ignore you, etc...it all depends on the person.

That being said,some of the best indicators (not always though) are:

1. They find ways to be near you, touch you, or talk to you.

2. They act geniunly interested, and engaged with you.

3. Catching them looking them at you frequently, or prolonged eye contact.

Xlexa
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2014, 6:08 am

The number one thing.

Does she ACT different towards you versus everyone else.

You must pursue her first.