Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 11:21 pm

I'm exactly like that when I'm not in a serious relationship, but I can be very loyal when I want to be. I haven't had sex with anyone but my husband in 10 years, and while I am dedicated to not cheating on him, I do sometimes get antsy and itch for something new.

The thing is, though, with one steady partner I've been able to explore my sexuality much more deeply than I was ever able to with a string of one night stands and even a couple of f**k buddies on call.

Loyalty has it's advantages, even for us sluts. :-)

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 11:30 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I'm exactly like that when I'm not in a serious relationship, but I can be very loyal when I want to be. I haven't had sex with anyone but my husband in 10 years, and while I am dedicated to not cheating on him, I do sometimes get antsy and itch for something new.

The thing is, though, with one steady partner I've been able to explore my sexuality much more deeply than I was ever able to with a string of one night stands and even a couple of f**k buddies on call.

Loyalty has it's advantages, even for us sluts. :-)

I can also be very loyal but I still havent found anyone guy or girl that I could see myself being with all the time and not get bored with I know how it sounds but thats just how I get some times bored when in dating some one I always try to make things interesting though so at least im trying :lol:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 11:33 pm

I was lucky enough to find someone worth my loyalty when I was 18.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 11:38 pm

I would love to date a girl with asperger syndrome I think that would be romantic in a way I wish autreat would come to North Carolina

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 11:43 pm

Joker wrote:
I would love to date a girl with asperger syndrome I think that would be romantic in a way I wish autreat would come to North Carolina

Dating someone on the spectrum is definitely a challenge. Both my husband and I are, and it can cause lots of tension.

It's worth it for us, though. We get each other in ways a NT partner wouldn't have been able to.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 12:44 am

i have been fairly promiscuous at times in the past... maybe i won't share any shockingly specific examples for once...

due to family problems (i.e. "daddy issues"), i jumped into sexual situations as a teenager with little inhibition. i couldn't settle down with one person back then, as i wasn't ready for a real relationship, so i obtained affection and sex from a string of partners. although i did eventually settle down, it was difficult for my husband to get me to commit.

i found sex to feel intrusive and strange and wrong... but i did it anyways as it satisfied something that i seemed to really need. i imagine if i was single again i would still be promiscuous, but perhaps for slightly different reasons.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2011, 3:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
gee, lucky you :roll:
i have the opposite problem, no social functioning=no sex life. but i am nothing if not loyal, so if somebody actually wanted to be with me, then i would never abandon them.
That's right! Once you have someone, you're stuck like glue! However, the sex is a lot more satisfying!

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 1:04 pm

Well, let's not forget the fact that you are 20, male and probably awash with testosterone.

Now, that's not to say that every young man is going to react to those same circumstances in the same way (when I was your age I was certainly in a near-constant state of sexual readiness, but any inclination toward promiscuity was swept away by my twin handicaps of social deficits and a too-onerous academic load), but it stands to reason that at your age and stage your body is telling you in words of one syllable that: "it wants sex and more of it."

Life is not constant--what we want one day is not necessary what we will want the next. You will make a decision about when (or whether) the transition will come from your primary motivation being sex to your primary motivation being a relationship.

Noxien
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2011, 8:51 pm

I am probably the polar opposite. Short term sexual relationships are akin to small talk to me... awkward, confusing, and unsatisfying. I like sex as much as the next person, but when it's just for the sake of pleasure, well, I can achieve that all by myself and forgo the excruciating process of meeting someone new. If I am going to put that much effort into letting someone into my life then I want there to be longterm returns.

Andre_br
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 May 2011, 7:51 pm

I've been there, done that, even bought the T-shirt! But can you believe that for the last 5 years I decided to don't have any sexual intercurse and I found myself happier than before? It all started as an experience to find out what else there was to life besides fulfilling my daily desires. I think that eventually I might go back to being sexual, but I'm more than fine being asexual for now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 4:18 pm

Andre_br wrote:
I've been there, done that, even bought the T-shirt! But can you believe that for the last 5 years I decided to don't have any sexual intercurse and I found myself happier than before? It all started as an experience to find out what else there was to life besides fulfilling my daily desires. I think that eventually I might go back to being sexual, but I'm more than fine being asexual for now.

i can't help but feel jealous [envious?] of people who have a choice in the matter, especially people who could have all the sex they wanted but decided to actually turn their backs on such good fortune. that, to me, is akin to a well-fed person trying to lose weight, throwing their food in the trash while the ill-fed starve.
but good luck with your "asexperiment."

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 8:37 pm

I've noticed that Aspergians tend to either be promiscuous (or at least have a very high sex drive) or else they are asexual (or just have little interest in it).

I think it correlates with my theory that Aspies fall into two primary groups: Sensory seekers and sensory avoiders.

Seekers crave the touching and erotic stimulation of sex and the thrill or exploring another partner (or partners). Lacking one they tend to masturbate much more often than the average person (and even use it as a typr of stim)

Avoiders are overwhelmed by the sensory input of sex. They can't tolerate much touching and much less intimate touching. They also feel very anxious in the presence of people they are not very familiar with, so they tend to stick with the same partner. Avoiders rarely use masturbation.

Not scientific, but I based this theory on Wrong Planet posts over the past year.

P.S. I'm a sensory seeker.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 2:58 am

dyingofpoetry wrote:
I've noticed that Aspergians tend to either be promiscuous (or at least have a very high sex drive) or else they are asexual (or just have little interest in it). I think it correlates with my theory that Aspies fall into two primary groups: Sensory seekers and sensory avoiders. Seekers crave the touching and erotic stimulation of sex and the thrill or exploring another partner (or partners). Lacking one they tend to masturbate much more often than the average person (and even use it as a typr of stim)
P.S. I'm a sensory seeker.

as am i- i lacked the right stuff to attract mates, so i had to take matters in my own hands [so to speak] up to 10 times a day, i was just addicted to orgasms, it gave me a reason to live. i sure wish they had sex toys when i was young and priapic.

epicafan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2011, 6:57 pm

I feel like a huge slut because I've had lots of sexual encounters but they're never satisfying, which is why I always end up going back to them. I really want a boyfriend but every guy I meet in this god-forsaken town is just trying to have sex or doesn't want to meet me because I don't have the perfect body. Personality doesn't fit into the equation and it's driving me nuts. But if I do meet that one guy who wants to be with me, I'll be so loyal to him he would have no idea.

AdamFrancis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2011, 2:24 pm

I think I am more faithful due to my asperger, I just do not like changes :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

if i somehow lucked into getting a suitable mate, i would belong to them until death us do part. loyalty is the highest value.