Page 4 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 6:49 am

I have a very active sense of humor, it's just that the things I find funny are nowhere near what NT's do. For example, I spent several minutes laughing at a promotional sign for a professional chef's class on healthy eating. The guy had to weigh 300 lbs and I couldn't get over how funny it was that this fat bastard was trying to teach people about eating healthy. Another example is I sometimes think about a talking(and somewhat self aware) cow driving with a farmer and asking him "why do you keep calling me 'Steak?'" Makes me laugh every time.

Myers-Briggs: INTJ
AQ: 44

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Aug 2011, 7:05 am

I'm currently in the diagnostic process, but I'll answer anyway.

I have the driest sense of humour of anyone I've ever met. I often use sarcasm, although I can't tell when someone else is using it. I also can't tell when someone is joking. I have quite a serious side, though. Mostly my humorous side stays in hiding behind my serious side.

Knifey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Aug 2011, 7:42 am

I love tasteless jokes, because they're so unpredictable!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

I defiantly have a sense of humor & it is on the level on Family Guy & iCarly

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TrzkT
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Aug 2011, 5:48 pm

I do have a couple of inside jokes at work...

I made this... ridiculous faux pas.... where I assumed two people punching each other in the arm indicated that they were married, and asked if I had just witnessed spousal abuse.

So the girl whom I assumed was married to the guy she was punching.... every time she sees me, she says 'HOMIES' and I say
'Punch each other'!

There is also a guy I work with that says 'I'll be right black' before he goes on break, and I came up with 'all wh***y then'

Xelliance
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2011, 6:12 pm

Yes, I still exist!

Registred some time agon (years?) any, I never posted before here but as one ever should is what I'm doing right now. [never used the backspace-key so much for one sentence :S]

I suppose Aspies or Aspergians or just Logical Beeings (Supposing it happens to other kinds of mammels as well) have their very own uniqe form of humor. I recently met another aspie which could not grasp the fact that his girlfriend fel for me instead of him. Although I wasn't aware of their relationship at the moment it happend and all but when he found out (I was still living in the dark) he simply broke my nose and eye socket.

Now, you must understand I hate violance so I didn't fight back (which was hard anyway since all the blood dripping into my eyes) I went to the police the very next morning. There I told them this story (including a lot more detail than needed but I had more than a year to overthink it al since this all) which made them hunt him down and give him onehunderd (100) hours of volunteer work.

This started about 11 months after the incident and no more than 2 hours a day, at most 5 days a week.

So It took this guy 10 weeks at least to remember the fact that he should not act on pure basal insticts. And The fact he will remember this for the rest of his live, made me laugh afterwards.

Well, that is what humor can be to an aspie.

(too bad it happened to another aspie since this was the second other aspie I ever met)

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 6:13 pm

I generate some lulz....

Xelliance
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2011, 6:19 pm

I really should replace that avatar. That one is dated 2004 :afro:

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 6:23 pm

nick007 wrote:

So it's very diverse? iCarly is kinda funny though. Jerry Trainer is funny.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Aug 2011, 6:28 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

So it's very diverse? iCarly is kinda funny though. Jerry Trainer is funny.

It's immature. I kind of relate to him some

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Green_Sky
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2011, 6:35 pm

I've been told quite a few times that I'm very quick witted and have a good sense of humour, so unless I've been wrongly diagnosed, I think it's fair to say aspies have senses of humour. Though technically im not at an aspie... (HFA)

EDIT: As seems to be the majority case here: It's very dry sarcasm. Often times quite dark too. And I ahve lot sof times where I've burst out laughing but no-one else understands. Whether that's the autism or not though, I don't know.

The majority of my jokes are planned before i say them. I steer the converstaion to make the joke. But some, ironically some of the best ones, are spur of the moment. Don't know if this emans anything.

Xelliance
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2011, 6:55 pm

It does mean. It really does mean a lot. All the humor is based in the moment but the way of recieving it might be different to anyone which solely explains why you or me can laugh ridiculesly in the eyes of others who can laugh while you and/or I don't get it (yet).

Basicly humor is the same for all since there is just a thin line between emotional humor and logical humor. To me it's just merely 24 seconds.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2011, 7:11 pm

That is yet another popular myth. I do have a sense of humor and enjoy telling and hearing jokes. I enjoy things that make me laugh and I like funny people. And I'm not always dark or sarcastic either! But when I do laugh at something I often think "Uh-oh, I laughed. Was that wrong?"

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2011, 12:07 am

johnsmcjohn wrote:
I have a very active sense of humor, it's just that the things I find funny are nowhere near what NT's do. For example, I spent several minutes laughing at a promotional sign for a professional chef's class on healthy eating. The guy had to weigh 300 lbs and I couldn't get over how funny it was that this fat bastard was trying to teach people about eating healthy.

Because obviously being fat = eating unhealthily. :roll:

to his Interest."

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

31 Aug 2011, 12:15 am

I don't have a sense of humor.

RavenShark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2018, 7:54 pm

I find that I'm unintentionally funny --- I'll say things that I think are just casual responses or observations and people laugh. At times when I have tried to be funny, though, it often falls flat.