Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Biggus23x
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2011, 2:22 pm

SammichEater said:

"Rule #1) If something could possibly be a reference to something inappropriate, always assume it is."

Yeah, it took me years to work that out too. Banter makes so much more sense if you look for metaphors for sex, drugs and excrement and hidden insults everywhere.

I'd guess he was talking about pot brownies too rather than sh*t, based on what you've quoted.

Budd
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Apr 2011, 2:38 pm

Although I know a few people who are crude enough to actually be talking about feces when they say that, I've been around enough to know that most likely he's talking about pot brownies. If that's the case and you take him up on the offer, only eat about half of one and then wait two hours before having any more. When Pot is cooked into food it is slow acting and very potent. You won't die or anything but you'll be miserably nervous and twitchy for a few hours if you have too much.

I misunderstand people all the time. Don't be embarrassed. Take comfort in the fact that as an aspie you are probably way smarter than they are. lol.

BTW....I can hear my English teacher right now admonishing "A metaphor uses 'like' or 'as' in the comparison, this is a simile, which is a comparison without using 'like' or 'as.' I don't mean to correct you but I am compulsive about things sometimes so please forgive.

Budd

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 3:01 pm

I'd also be embarrassed. Another thing that baffles me, is how somebody can post about their bodily functions on Facebook. I guess that brownies can mean different things to different people. When I talk about my brownies, I'm talking about my eyes.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2011, 3:24 pm

lol! I have made the same mistake via text message! it's embarrassing, but I found it pretty amusing as well. we ended up making real brownies after that and laughing about it. don't beat yourself up about it. =]

samuraiBSD
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Apr 2011, 3:29 pm

Quote:
BTW....I can hear my English teacher right now admonishing "A metaphor uses 'like' or 'as' in the comparison, this is a simile, which is a comparison without using 'like' or 'as.' I don't mean to correct you but I am compulsive about things sometimes so please forgive.

Budd

You've got that backward. No worries, though, I find both literary devices to be pretty pointless.

SuperMario
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2011, 6:15 pm

I wouldn't be embarrassed. Whether or not other people saw it, it is Facebook. On Facebook, people are always kidding around and joking. Anyone who saw it either just thought that you were playing along, or were fooled (which, judging by the comment this friend made wouldn't be that hard; and I don't think that it would cause anyone to think anything bad about you). I see comments on Facebook like that all the time, and I hardly give them any thought. Again, it is Facebook, no need to be so serious (which is common for an aspie).