Have you ever failed a final but still passed a class?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 3:55 pm

I have. It was a math class at college and I bombed the final. Luckily, I still maintained a B by doing well in the class beforehand. Final exams should NEVER be at 8 a.m. It's just cruel and asking for people to fail it. D:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 4:12 pm

I usually aced the finals, which conveniently made up for rarely doing homework.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 10:24 pm

yes, failing the final lowered my score. but still got a "c-"

physics 2cl: optics. physics for engineering majors. got 12 percent on final.

structural engineering 110a: solid mechanics I. got 36 percent on final. 70 was a "c".

and et cetera

temperance
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 May 2017, 6:33 am

Oh yeah, I had to order essay online in order to pass. It was so annoying, and I was actually good. My teacher was biast

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2017, 9:54 pm

I did not even take a final and I got a B minus in the class. I emailed the professor and said I will not be there do what you will with that. To this day I think he thought I was someone else and another person had to try to convince him they had been there.It was one of those classes with like 100 people in an auditorium so no one knows your name or takes attendance. The professor just talks.

At the time I HATED the college town I lived in and did not feel classes were going well. So I was at the point I just wanted to leave. Even if it's a few days earlier then the end of the semester by not taking finals. It's worth it and who cares I failed anyway. Now that I am older I know that was not smart but I did not fail any class I would not have anyway.

Sadly I don't think you can really pass any college class failing the final. You probably only have 2-4 things that graded all semester. Percent wise I bet the final is most of it.

LaytonRonpa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jun 2017, 1:37 am

Erisad wrote:
I have. It was a math class at college and I bombed the final. Luckily, I still maintained a B by doing well in the class beforehand. Final exams should NEVER be at 8 a.m. It's just cruel and asking for people to fail it. D:

The same thing happened with my price theory course last semester. I somehow pulled enough good grades up until the last unit exam and the final to still get a B- despite the fact that I failed the in-class portion of my final. My heart stopped being in the course by that point and it pretty much amplified the issues I had with studying, and the fact that my professor wanted us to be there at 8 a.m. but do pointless presentations until we began the final at 9 didn't help either (the exam was scheduled for an 8-11 time slot, so he essentially wasted 1/3 of the exam time).

I think the only reason I did well enough on the exam itself to get a B- in the course was that I got a perfect score on the take-home portion (which was only 25%) and it combined with my other grades to get a B-.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2017, 6:02 am

I'm pretty sure I failed some of my final exams in high-school & I never failed a class because my teachers curved my grade

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AlyssJJJ1
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jun 2017, 9:22 am

no. I can`t remember such practice in my life.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 2:08 pm

I think it happened to me once

GreenPandaLord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jul 2017, 2:57 pm

I had a government class. I failed the mid term and final, but got a B because i aced everything else. Instead of cgapter quizes i did outlines of the text.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 8:33 pm

I got a D on my math final and I still got to be in honors math...I have no clue why my teachers thought I would do well in another honors course :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Jenine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2017, 8:40 am

That's happened to me more than once and it started when I was in middle school. It was towards the end of 7th grade where I had my first official final for Social Studies. I got a 40% on the test and it brought my grade down from an A to a C. Most of the class failed because they along with myself didn't really study for the exam. And we had a study guide and everything! Learned my lesson. The other times I passed a class and failed a final happened between 9th and 11th grade for various classes many of which had to do with math and science subjects.