Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 1:45 pm

I AM an American citizen,
I am almost too old to vote,
I often do vote,
I have not yet voted for Obama,
I cannot conceive of any circumstance in which I MIGHT vote for Obama unless his goons held a knife to Number 1 Son's throat.
I do not guarantee to vote for any hypothetical Obama opponent.
I will NOT vote for anyone whose vibe is like Obama's or Clinton's or Johnson's or Nixon's or Oprah's
I pray Mr Obama will appoint himself ambassador to the Republic of Scotland [I know some Scottish Nationalists] and go play golf there for many happy years.
I pray King Stork will be no worse than average of the presidents the US has had in my lifetime.

Not asking all that much.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 12:04 pm

Two people who are still willing to reelect Obama, I feel sorry for the universe.

Last edited by iamnotaparakeet on 05 May 2011, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 12:09 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Two people who are still willing to reelect Osama, I feel sorry for the universe.

I guess those two people aren't hyper-partisan religious fundies who expect a Democrat to magically fix an economy up to full employment after the greast financial crisis since the Great Depression and significant Con Artist obstruction. Not that Obama is without blame - he nowhere nearly steamrolled the Repuglicans enough.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 12:20 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Two people who are still willing to reelect Osama, I feel sorry for the universe.

I guess those two people aren't hyper-partisan religious fundies who expect a Democrat to magically fix an economy up to full employment after the greast financial crisis since the Great Depression and significant Con Artist obstruction. Not that Obama is without blame - he nowhere nearly steamrolled the Repuglicans enough.

Right, If it weren't for lending companies lending to people who can't repay and then eventually wrecking that, then the magnificent Obama Recovery would have worked perfectly. Oh, and the Stimulus Packages providing lump sums of money to already established businesses, that was sheer "genius" right there. How about the increasing spending and creating taxpayers funded jobs in bureaucracies in order to decrease the number of unemployed? That's really going to help the economy by adding another drain on it. Oh, and I suppose everything bad happening is due only to Republicans and everything good happening is due only to Democrats? Bologna.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 12:22 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Right, If it weren't for lending companies lending to people who can't repay and then eventually wrecking that, then the magnificent Obama Recovery would have worked perfectly. Oh, and the Stimulus Packages providing lump sums of money to already established businesses, that was sheer "genius" right there. How about the increasing spending and creating taxpayers funded jobs in bureaucracies in order to decrease the number of unemployed? That's really going to help the economy by adding another drain on it. Oh, and I suppose everything bad happening is due only to Republicans and everything good happening is due only to Democrats? Bologna.

the bailout started under Bush I think the f**k up is bipartisan

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 12:24 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

And what is the difference between a bailout and Obama's Stimulus Packages? Office furniture for corporations that aren't failing anyone?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 May 2011, 12:30 pm

I won't be voting for Obama. If the GOP candidate isn't to my liking, I will go 3rd party.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 12:31 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

And what is the difference between a bailout and Obama's Stimulus Packages? Office furniture for corporations that aren't failing anyone?

the stimulus is kinda a non-issue. it is something to do to show you are doing something
while the economy sorts itself out.
it would have had to be Bigger to actually work.
imo
economics being a pseudo-science and all.
all we have is our opinions.
its very hard to have control groups.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 1:03 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Right, If it weren't for lending companies lending to people who can't repay and then eventually wrecking that, then the magnificent Obama Recovery would have worked perfectly.

Strawman - the Obama recovery would have worked "decently" had it been larger, more targeted, a Green Works Program syle deal and less watered down with Republican-pushed tax cuts for the rich.

iamnotaparekeet wrote:
Oh, and the Stimulus Packages providing lump sums of money to already established businesses, that was sheer "genius" right there.

It depends, because while a lot of small business propogandists like to point out that small businesses "create the most jobs" they also "lose the most jobs" as well, because many small businesses are based on poorly thought out schemes.

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
How about the increasing spending and creating taxpayers funded jobs in bureaucracies in order to decrease the number of unemployed? That's really going to help the economy by adding another drain on it.

Government spending does have a stimulative effect on the economy and thinking of all public expenditure as "drain" is economic moronism.

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Oh, and I suppose everything bad happening is due only to Republicans and everything good happening is due only to Democrats? Bologna.

Another strawman. The Democrats have done many things to enable the far-right shift of America and they deserve part of the blame.

Thandurin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 May 2011, 2:50 pm

I'M VOTING T-PAW, AW YEAH! ....Yeah I'm probably voting for Obama. Good luck GOP.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 3:42 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Oh, and I suppose everything bad happening is due only to Republicans and everything good happening is due only to Democrats? Bologna.

Another strawman. The Democrats have done many things to enable the far-right shift of America and they deserve part of the blame.

The Democrats do a lot of stupid stuff, especially where money is concerned. However, I do not see any "far-right shift" of America, it looks more like a shift towards businesses dying and entitlement mentalities thriving.

Master_Pedant wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Right, If it weren't for lending companies lending to people who can't repay and then eventually wrecking that, then the magnificent Obama Recovery would have worked perfectly.

Strawman - the Obama recovery would have worked "decently" had it been larger, more targeted, a Green Works Program syle deal and less watered down with Republican-pushed tax cuts for the rich.

Juxtapositioning of mildly contradictory quotes of M_P, it works.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 5:14 pm

5 against and 4 for, so far... I hope this isn't indicative of the actual election day. Another near tie election might mean another four years of Obama to "enjoy".

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 7:16 pm

Hey, well, let us all hope for change.

Though change still always risks King Stork.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 7:50 pm

Philologos wrote:
Hey, well, let us all hope for change.

Though change still always risks King Stork.

I'm hoping for change of mind on the part of anyone who is considering actually voting for Obama.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 8:39 pm

Gotta have a mind, got to know how to boot it up. After which GIGO.